Lee Hyuk-soo, known more popularly as Lee Soo-hyuk, is a South Korean actor and model under YG Entertainment agency. Lee Soo-hyuk is popular for his roles in several dramas that established him as the tough and masculine guy. He is one of the most successful actors in Korea that he even cat-walked for J. Anderson, Balenciaga, and Juun.J for Paris Fashion Week and Seoul Fashion Week. He also established his acting career in the past five years by played in movies and dramas. Recently Lee Soo-hyuk has been the talk of the media for his suspected surgery and his mandatory military service. For more about Lee Soo-hyuk, Channel Korea brought this article for you!
Lee Soo-hyuk Profile, Career and Facts
|Birth Name||Lee Hyuk-soo (이혁수)|
|Name||Lee Soo-hyuk (이수혁)|
|Born||May 31, 1988
Gwacheon, Gyeonggi Province, South Korea
|Height||184 cm (6‘0“)|
|Weight||61 kg (134 lbs)|
He was born with the name Lee Hyuk-soo. He then debuted as a model in designer Jung Wook-jun’s Lone Costume fashion show in 2006 using stage name Lee Soo-hyuk. He walked down the runways of the nation’s famous fashion brands including General Idea and Song Zio, and did cover shoots for several renowned fashion magazines such as GQ, Bazaar and Elle.
His acting career began when he was appearing in music videos for girl groups Gavy NJ and 2NE1 in 2009 and 2010. In the following year, he appeared in the television series White Christmas and What’s Up in 2011, Vampire Idol in 2011-2012 and Shark in 2013. He also appeared in the films The Boy from Ipanema in 2010, Runway Cop in 2012 and Horror Stories 2 in 2013.
In 2013, Lee Soo-hyuk got more recognition after he was mentioned in the online fashion magazine Style Minutes as one of the “13 Top Breakout New Male Faces” during the 2013 Fall/Winter London and Paris fashion weeks.
He signed with Star J Entertainment after leaving his former agency SidusHQ. In March 2017, Lee Soo-hyuk joined YG Entertainment.
- He was born in Gwacheon, Gyeonggi Province, South Korea.
- Hyuk is represented by the Chinese character “赫” meaning ‘brilliance’ and Soo “秀” as in ‘outstanding’.
- Lee Soo-hyuk started modeling in middle school when he was just 17.
- He knows how to play the piano and how to surf. He also said that he took swimming lessons, as well as Taekwondo lessons and learned skating.
- He was so happy when he got opportunity to swim in his first movie. He said that it was a good experience since he had no body double and there was no safety equipment. He also stated that it was fun because it was filmed in the middle of the ocean and he even saw mackerel fish popping up.
- During the shoot of The Boy from Ipanema, he was stung by a jellyfish.
- He was in a relationship with Kim Min-hee back in 2008.
- He describes his own personality saying “I think I’m just a guy. I’m not the deep or strong type. I can’t really smile when I’m in front of a camera.”
- When he was still attending high school, he couldn’t attend class regularly like others because of shoots. Because of this, he had a hard time in college. He said that he felt like he was getting in the way of other people because of strict discipline within the department of film and theater so he took a leave of absence from school.
- Lee Soo-hyuk also confessed that he is never good at doing things that he is not interested in. He said that he likes movies so much that he would like to be involved in that industry in one way or another and later on, maybe import good movies or make a good sum of investment in the industry someday.
Lee Soo-hyuk’s Family Background
Lee Soo-hyuk’s family is composed of his parents and a four years younger sister. In an interview he shares a story about his joy regarding his family. It was in regards to his sister taking the college entrance exam. His father threw a party for a one day and he even bought the cake for it.
He also said that due to age differences, he hasn’t had the chance to get very close with his sister but he has been trying to be more considerate to her for the past few years.
Lee Soo-hyuk also said that his parents are very supporting him doing his hobby. In his childhood, he took so many classes such as piano, Taekwondo, swimming and skating. It made him able to be successful in his career later on.