Lee Joon’s Profile
- Name (Real Name): Joon / Lee Joon (Lee Chang Shin)
- Hangul: 준 / 이준
- Position: Solo
- Birthday (Y.M.D): 88.02.07
- Nationality: Korean
- Height: 180cm (5ft 10in)
- Weight: 65kg (143lbs)
- Blood Type: A
- Sub-Unit: N/A
- Formerly Of*:MBLAQ
- Currently In*: Military Service
Fun Facts About Lee Joon
1. He once modeled wigs. Before his debut with MBLAQ, he modeled for a variety of products, ranging from hangover remedies to wigs. He earned $40 for his ad.
2. He was told in school that he was not a very good actor, so he studied dance. Then he was told that he was not a very good dancer and should focus on becoming a choreographer, as he was good at that. He didn’t give up and practiced hard, eventually majoring in modern dance at Korea National University of Arts. Since then, MBLAQ videos have not only demonstrated his dance skills, but the disappointed acting student has since appeared on several dramas, including “Iris II and three films, including the 2009 “Ninja Assassin.”
3. Although his latest roles have been on the dark side, he was happy to dub the Korean version of the animated children’s films, “Gnomeo and Juliet.” “I saw a lot of dubbed animations when I was younger, and I was always awed by them,” he said at a press conference for “Gnomeo and Juliet. “However, I never imagined I would ever be the one dubbing for an animation.”
4. His fans nicknamed him the “human beagle” although he is not sure why. Some said it was because he has as much energy as a puppy, but he thinks of himself as being quiet. And he’s not always playful. He’s also nicknamed Joonie.
5. He was the first member of MBLAQ to have a dating scandal when it was rumored that he was seeing 4Minute’s HyunA, but it wasn’t true. He didn’t worry about it. “If the rumor had any truth to it, I would have reacted in some way, so I trusted others would not believe it either,” he said. When asked to describe his ideal type, he said that he wants someone who will obsess over him and treat him well. A pure heart is more important than physical beauty, he said.
Lee Joon’s TV Shows and Movies
- Father Is Strange (KBS2, 2017)
- Woman with a Suitcase (MBC, 2016)
- Vampire Detective (OCN, 2016)
- Drama Special What is the Ghost Doing? (KBS2, 2015)
- Heard It Through the Grapevine (SBS, 2015)
- Pinocchio (SBS, 2015) cameo
- Mr. Back (MBC, 2014)
- Gap Dong (tvN, 2014)
- The Dramatic (MBC Every1, 2013)
- IRIS II (KBS2, 2013)
- Ghost (SBS, 2012) cameo
- K-POP – The Ultimate Audition (Channel A, 2012) cameo
- I Need a Fairy (KBS2, 2012)
- History of the Salaryman (SBS, 2012) cameo
- Jungle Fish 2 (KBS1, 2010)
- Housewife Kim Kwang Ja’s Third Activities (MBC, 2010)
- Fugitive: Plan B (KBS2, 2010)
TV Show Theme Songs
- Feeling Sad (Farewell Ver.) with Hong Jong Hyun, Kim Bo Ra, Shin So Yool, & Han Ji Woo – Jungle Fish: Season 2 OST (2010)
- Feeling Sad with Hong Jong Hyun – Jungle Fish: Season 2 OST (2010)
- Seoul Station (2016)
- Guest (2015)
- Rough Play (2013)
- Iris 2: The Movie (2013)
- Gnomeo & Juliet (2011)
- Ninja Assassin (2009)
- Excellent Actor (serial drama) (“Heard It Through the Grapevine”) – 2015 (4th) APAN Star Awards – November 28, 2015
- Excellent Actor (“Heard It Through the Grapevine”) – 2015 (8th) Korea Drama Awards – October 9, 2015
Lee Joon and Jung So-min
It appears that actors Jung So-min and Lee Joon may have been hinting at their relationship status even before it was revealed to the public! The “Father Is Strange” co-stars were officially confirmed to be dating on January 1, when it was reported that they had been spotted out on a date during Lee Joon’s leave from the army.
However, the couple may have been dropping clues about their romance all along.
On October 24 of last year, during an interview on SBS’s “One Night of TV Entertainment,” Lee Joon was asked who he hoped would visit him during his military service. The former MBLAQ member replied, “First of all, Jung So-min. She promised me that she would come visit no matter what.”
Jung So-min also mentioned Lee Joon in an interview last year about her drama “Because This Is My First Life.” Although she was discussing her onscreen romance with co-star Lee Min Ki, the actress repeatedly brought up Lee Joon during the conversation, saying that she had initially worried about being able to live up to the chemistry that she had shared with Lee Joon in “Father Is Strange.” Additionally, when asked whether she expected to win any awards that year, she responded, “If I could receive one, I’d like the Best Couple Award [with Lee Joon].”
Lee Joon’s Military Service
On March 30, Lee Joon’s label Prain TPC announced in an official statement that the singer/actor will be transferring from his post as an active duty soldier to reservist status.
The label said, “We notify that Actor Lee Joon has been transfered to resevisit status as of March 23. From here on, Lee Joon will be carrying out his mandatory military service as a public service worker, per the military manpower administration’s order. Lee Joon, who enlisted back in October of last year in the rock army received continued treatment for his panicdisorder, which he suffered from since before his enlistment. However, his condition did not improve, which led to a revision of his status by military regulations, and he was determined unfit to serve as an active duty soldier. Lee Joon is currently awaiting his summon letter from the MMA. He feels apologetic for not being able to show his healthy side, and he will do his best to fulfill teh rest of his mandatory military service he receives his summons.”
Lee Joon revealed that he was diagnosed with panic disorder on February of 2017.