Everything You Need To Know About the Rapper With a Deep Voice From the Girl Group Mamamoo – Moonbyul
Moon Byul-yi was born on December 22nd, 1992, in Bucheon, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea. She is better known by the mononym Moonbyul. She was accepted into Paekche Institute of the Arts for media music and vocals in 2011. She is a South Korean rapper, singer, songwriter, and actress. She is the main rapper of the South Korean girl group Mamamoo. In May 2018, Moonbyul made her debut as a solo artist by releasing the digital single, “Selfish.”
In this article, Channel-Korea will provide you with a rundown of everything you need to know about Mamamoo’s Girl Crush Rapper Moonbyul, so stay tuned and continue reading.
Moonbyul’s Full Profile and Facts
Moonbyul’s Full Profile
|Birth Name||Moon Byul-yi (문별이)|
|Stage Name||Moonbyul (문별)|
|Date and Place of Birth||December 22nd, 1992, in Bucheon, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea|
|Position In Group||Main Rapper, Main Dancer, Vocalist, Visual|
|Height||165 cm (5’5″) (Official)/163 cm (5’4″) (Approx. real height)|
|Weight||45 kg (99 lbs)|
|Social Media||Instagram: @m_v.film|
Facts About Moonbyul
- She was born in Bucheon, South Korea.
- She has two younger sisters (Seulgi – 1996 & Yesol – 2004).
- She originally auditioned to be a vocalist but changed to become a rapper instead.
- She received a lot of attention for her resemblance to BTOB’s Minhyuk and EXO’s Xiumin.
- She wrote her rap for “Piano Man” and helped write her rap for “Mr. Ambiguous” along with Hanhae of Phantom.
- She created the choreography for “Mr. Ambiguous.”
- Her nickname is “Black Hole” because she tends to sweat a lot.
- She wants to collaborate with Verbal Jint.
- When MAMAMOO participated in Immortal Songs, she wrote the rap parts by herself as they were not originally there.
- She owns a dog named Daebakie.
- She, along with Solar, aren’t good with roller coasters/high rides. (Battle Trip)
- She, along with EXID‘s Hani, BTS‘ Jin, VIXX‘s Ken and B1A4‘s Sandeul, have a group chat for 92-liners.
- She used to share a room with Whee In. (After the “Um Oh Ah Yeh” era all of them moved out and now have their own places.)
- She is close to Red Velvet‘s Seulgi and collaborated with her for a song called “Selfish.”
- She was, alongside other 6 female idols, in the Idol Drama Operation Team TV program. They created a 7-member girl group, called Girls Next Door, which debuted on July 14th, 2017.
- Moonbyul’s ideal type: “I really like Gong Yoo sunbaenim (as addressing a senior). I sort of like dinosaur-faced types and guys with broad shoulders, guys who can just grab and hug me in one go.”
Moonbyul’s Debut Story
Moonbyul is the Main Rapper of Mamamoo. Previously, during the audition, Moonbyul wanted to become a singer. But her ability in rapping and her unique voice made her appointed as the main rapper in her group.
Mamamoo’s Moonbyul’s Strict Diet with Being Antisocial
There are many ways in which women can maintain their ideal weight, and some of those are being exploited by artists and beautiful idols of South Korea as well. Some of them only eat bananas for every meal of the day, some like to exercise. However, the method that Mamamoo members have chosen is quite unique.
Reported by Soompi, Moonbyul and Solar, two members of Mamamoo shared ways to diet with their fans. Moonbyul admitted, she did not go out with her friends during the diet.
“I have dropped 10 kilograms. There is a way, which is not to leave the house. You cannot meet with friends because they will definitely invite to eat or drink, ‘Want to go to a cafe? Do you want to watch or not?’ I will stay at home for a strict diet,” said Moonbyul.
Not only that, but Moonbyul’s diet also includes maintaining her food intake. She revealed that she only ate sweet potatoes throughout the day. “In the morning, I eat two sweet potatoes with one glass of milk. For lunch, I only eat dietary cereal, one sweet potato, and one egg. For dinner, I will eat two sweet potatoes again,” she added.
To compensate for her fitness, Moonbyul does dance training. Even though it’s summer, she wears clothes that are tight and make her hot so that she can sweat more and lose the excess liquids and fat.
Moonbyul’s Tattoo Meaning
Her tattoo reads N’oublie pas de t’aimer. Translated, it has the meaning “Don’t forget to love yourself.” Moonbyul has voiced her struggles with her lack of confidence and insecurities as fitting in a group known for being a vocal powerhouse. She has since gained more confidence, especially with the help of her members. This tattoo symbolizes a more positive frame of mind.
벼리ㅣ 타투타투!!!!!!!!~#!!!!~~/ pic.twitter.com/wg8E4qIBba
— [솔감뱃지구해용맥놀도..]맘매~♡ (@DREAM_MMM_M) March 16, 2018
- Selfish (2018)
- “Love and Hate” (구차해) – 2017
- “Selfish” (feat. Red Velvet’ Seulgi) – 2018
- “Dab Dab” (with Hwasa) – 2016
- “Nothing” Yoo Sung-eun (feat. Moonbyul) – 2015
- “Like Yesterday” (어제처럼) (with Solar) – 2015
- “Deep Blue Eyes” as a member of Girl Next Door – 2017