Everything You Need To Know About LOVELYZ’s Baby Soul’s Full Profile and More!
Lovelyz is a girl group from South Korea that is quite famous in the Hallyu wave and has won several awards on music programs as a result of their hard work. Lovelyz are known as a girl group with a lot of potential, with members that have many excellent talents, and are also famous for some of their songs, such as “Candy Jelly Love”, “Ah-Choo”, “Destiny”, “That Day”, and even their last comeback in 2020 with the single titled “Obliviate”.
Besides that, Lovelyz is famous for having several members who have started promoting solo by releasing albums and also other members who have appeared on several variety shows. Lovelyz members managed to attract a lot of attention from the public and, of course, their fans with their entertainment talents and also their humorous characters and appearance. Not only that, but the concepts of Lovelyz’s comebacks are always different and it is believed that there is a certain magnet to steal attention from the public.
In this article, we are going to discuss the profile of one of the Lovelyz members, Baby Soul. Well, do you guys already know Lovelyz’s Baby Soul? If not, let’s check out the scoop below to find out more information about Lovelyz’s Baby Soul and also the idol’s career from debut until now!
Baby Soul’s Full Profile
Real Name: Lee Soo-jung (Hangul: 이수정)
Stage Name: Baby Soul (Hangul: 베이비소울)
Place and Date of Birth: Gwangju, South Korea, July 6th, 1992
Star Sign: Cancer
Height: 158 cm
Blood Type: O
Position: Leader, Main Vocalist, Rapper
Baby Soul’s Facts
- Lovelyz’s Baby Soul dropped out from school after finishing 10th grade and moved to Seoul to focus on training
- Lovelyz’s Baby Soul had been training for around 6–7 years
- Lovelyz’s Baby Soul is the first member of The Three Musketeers with the longest trainee period with Lovelyz’s Jin and Jiae
- Lovelyz’s Baby Soul debuted as a solo artist in 2011
- Lovelyz’s Baby Soul’s hobbies are cooking, reading, and writing lyrics
- Lovelyz’s Baby Soul can play the piano
- Lovelyz’s Baby Soul talks really slow
- Lovelyz’s Baby Soul’s favorite color is pastel purple
- Lovelyz’s Baby Soul thinks that her dimples and eyes are the most attractive part of her body
- Lovelyz’s Baby Soul has released two singles: “No Better Than Strangers” (2011) and “She’s a Flirt” (2012)
- Lovelyz’s Baby Soul collaborated with INFINITE H for the songs “Crying” and “Fly High”
- Lovelyz’s Baby Soul performed in Immortal Songs 2 with INFINITE’s Sunggyu and Dongwoo with “Woman on The Beach”
- Lovelyz’s Baby Soul is the girl who dances with INFINITE’s Dongwoo for Gayo Daejun’s Performance while performing “Man In Love”
- Lovelyz’s Baby Soul and Sujeong sang for SBS’s Second to Last Love soundtrack song titled “Clean”
- Lovelyz’s Baby Soul can speak with an old man’s voice
- Lovelyz’s Baby Soul can drink about 5 bottles of soju or more and doesn’t easily get drunk
- Lovelyz’s Baby Soul likes to eat sashimi while drinking
- One of Lovelyz’s Baby Soul’s goals is buying a building for her parents if she earns a lot of money
- Lovelyz’s Baby Soul’s career wish is to be a detective
- Lovelyz’s Baby Soul really likes Oh My Girl’s Seunghee according to Lovelyz’s Jin, because she always takes Oh My Girls’ Seunghee’s pictures every time she appears and the group is pre-recording
- Lovelyz’s Baby Soul’s role model is Yoo Jaesuk
- Lovelyz’s Baby Soul chose Crush as her favorite idol
- Lovelyz’s Baby Soul’s ideal type is a tall and manly person, potentially cutesy and someone that she get to respect naturally, a person whom she can learn a lot from. A witty person who is outstanding in their career
Baby Soul’s Debut as a Solo Artist
In 2011, Lovelyz’s Baby Soul made her debut as a solo artist. Baby Soul is a talented female vocalist proudly presented by Woollim Entertainment, which produced popular idol group Infinite and band Nell, and released “No Better Than Stranges” on November 23rd, 2011, announcing her debut in the music industry.
“No Better Than Strangers” is the work of Sweetune (Sweettune), a composer who led the albums of Infinite and Kara. Combi G-high and Lee Ju-hyung co-composed the song. Song Soo-yoon’s lyrics, which represent the heart, are harmoniously mingled with sadness and intensity. In particular, as Wheesung splits the time before enlisting in the army and finally participating in the Baby Soul song featuring, even though she is a rookie, music fans and the industry are drawing attention to Baby Soul.
Netizens who have encountered the music commented, “I’m looking forward to being a rookie featuring Wheesung,” “The two voices match so well,” “It seems like they are a very talented female vocalist,” “I’m so excited to hear it only at the teaser,” “This voice from someone that was born in 1992. I can’t believe that I was born in a year.”
On December 4th, 2011, Baby Soul, who released her first digital single album No Better Than Strangers on November 23rd, 2011, was judged impossible by KBS because the lyrics contained words that demean men. The part pointed out by the KBS was: “You can’t at least do that, you jerk? Are my expectations too big? You can’t at least do that, you bad person?”
In particular, Wheesung, the representative of R&B vocals, participates in the featuring before enlistment to replace the hearts of men, and makes the listeners feel empathy with the feeling of exchanging conversations with Baby Soul. Baby Soul’s agency, Woollim Entertainment, said, “It is a realistic lyric that contains the heart of a woman who resents a man through the lyrics, but there is no intention to demean men.”
On April 23rd, 2019, Baby Soul, a member of girl group Lovelyz, delivers her comfort with her own song. Baby Soul released the digital single titled “A Piece Of The Moon”. Lovelyz’s agency, Woollim Entertainment, officially announced the news by releasing a teaser for “A Piece Of The Moon” through social media on April 18th, 2019, at 0:00.
Baby Soul, who made her first step into the music industry with her debut single “No Better Than Strangers” in 2011, has been active since her official debut as a leader and main vocal of girl group Lovelyz in 2014.
This digital single, A Piece Of The Moon is more special because it is the first solo album released after Baby Soul made her debut with Lovelyz, 7 years after her duet album No Better Than Strangers in 2012.
“A Piece Of The Moon” is a self-composed song that Baby Soul first performed in front of fans at Lovelyz’s concert in February 2019. At the time, Baby Soul impressed the fans by introducing, “It was made to comfort me in the most difficult times. I hope that fans will listen to it and comfort me.” The management company Woollim Entertainment pointed out, “We decided to release the sound source in order to repay the support, thanks to the continuous release requests from fans immediately after the release. We ask for your interest and support.”
Baby Soul Becoming a Member of Lovelyz
Woollim Entertainment’s first girl group Lovelyz made their debut on November 10th, 2014, at midnight KST. Lovelyz’s debut was marked by the release of a song titled “Goodnight Like Yesterday”. Not only were the tracks from their debut album released, but also the music video starring INFINITE’s Sunggyu. Nuanced with ballads and slightly mellow, the eight members of Lovelyz looked beautiful in white outfits.
The debut song “Goodnight Like Yesterday” is the work of the famous songwriter Yoon Sang. This song is mentioned by the composer as an emotional song that describes the first breakup.
Lovelyz’s debut is quite different from most other female K-Pop groups who have entered the music industry. They do not appear with dance songs and appear dancing in front of the camera. Woollim called Lovelyz a ‘singing girl group’. Management seems to want Baby Soul and other members to be known as a group with strong vocals at the start of their debut, rather than performance and energetic performances.
Unfortunately, the debut song didn’t have anything special and didn’t impress listeners with the members’ vocals. Hopefully, in the next song, which would be released in the same week, Lovelyz could come up with something that would make listeners more amazed.
Baby Soul, JIN, Kei, Ryu Sujeong, Jeong Yein, Lee Mijoo, Yoo Jiae, and Seo Jisoo also held their debut showcase on November 12th, 2014. Lovelyz’s new debut album titled Girls’ Invasion was released on November 17th, 2014.