Learn More About Love Alarm
Love Alarm is a school love theme drama series from South Korea. The drama series is based on the Daum webtoon with the same title and it was created by Chon Kye-young. A school love story drama stars Kim So-hyun, Jung Ga-ram, and Song Kang. The first episode of the series was aired on Netflix on August 22, 2019.
This series is very popular and successfully attracted the attention of South Korean drama fans. The drama was ranked as one of Netflix’s top releases in 2019. After the successful release of the first season, the series continued its second season and it was aired on October 29, 2019.
In this article, Channel-Korea will provide you with K-Drama review: Kim So-Hyun must choose between two handsome guys in ‘Love Alarm Season 1’. Let’s find out more about the drama. Stay tuned and keep scrolling down this article.
Love Alarm Season 1: Review
Love Alarm is telling a story about a disruptive technology that allows users to find love through an application that tells whether someone around a 10-meter radius from them has romantic feelings towards them.
In the drama, there is a mobile application named Joalarm. If there is someone who likes you and they are within 10 meters away from you, the alarm for the application will ring. The application also will show how many people like you, but the application does not reveal specific details about the person who likes you. it really interested to watch the drama.
It focuses on middle school student Kim Jo-jo who has many things in her life, especially matters of love. She is the object of affection for two best friends: Hye-young and Sun-oh. Kim Jo-Jo is a high school student. She is pretty and smart. She seems like a cheerful person, but her parents died when she was young. Since the death of her parents, Kim Jo-Jo has lived with her aunt’s family. Living there is not easy for Kim Jo-Jo. She doesn’t download the app Joalarm.
Meanwhile, Hwang Sun-oh is a popular male student at the same high school where Kim Jo-Jo attends. He is the son of a wealthy family, but he is not loved by his parents. His best friend Lee Hye-young also attends the same high school. Hwang Sun-oh notices that his best friend Lee Hye-young likes Kim Jo-Jo. Hwang Sun-oh wants to know if his friend really likes her, so he kisses her.
Love Alarm Season 1: The Casts
- Kim So-hyun as Kim Jo-jo
Kim Jo-jo is a beautiful and hardworking girl who is bright and cheerful despite her family’s painful history.
- Song Kang as Hwang Sun-oh
Hwang Sun-oh is a handsome model who grew up in a rich family and he is falling in love with Jo-jo.
- Jung Ga-ram as Lee Hye-yeong
Lee Hye-yeong is Sun-oh’s best friend who likes Kim Jo-jo.
- Z.Hera as Kim Jung-go. Kim Jung-go is Jo-Jo’s best friend. She secretly likes Il-sik.
- Shin Seung-ho as Il-sik. Il-sik is a vibrant judo student and Jo-jo’s ex-boyfriend.
- Go Min-si as Park Gul-mi. Park Gul-mi is Jo-jo’s cousin. She is a popular girl at school who likes Sun-oh but is asked out by Cheong Duk-gu, developing hatred for him.
- Lee Jae-eung as Cheong Duk-gu. Cheong Duk-gu is a developer of the Love Alarm application.
- Choi Joo-won as Sun-oh’s playful and energetic high school classmate.
Parents and relatives:
- Song Sun-mi as Jeong Mi-mi who is a popular actress who has a distant relationship with her son Sun-oh.
- Shim Yi-young, she is a very loving and caring mother to Hye-Young.
- Park Sung-yun as Jojo’s aunt and Gul-mi’s mother.
- Yeom Ji-young as Jo-jo’s mother.
- Kim Young-ok as Jo-jo’s grandmother.
- Song Geon-hee as Marx who is a popular idol star.
- Kim Si-eun as Lee Yuk-jo who is Sun-Oh’s new girlfriend.
- Jo Yoo-jung as Mon-sun who is Jo-jo’s wedding hall co-worker.