Get To Know Haseul, aka LOONA’s Leader
Haseul is a South Korean singer under Blockberry Creative. She debuted with LOONA on August 19, 2018, and become the leader of the group. Haseul also the leader and member of LOONA’s first sub-unit called LOONA 1/3. Before her debut, she participated in a survival show and released a solo album. Wanna know more about Haseul, leader of LOONA? Check this article out!
Loona’s HaSeul Full Profile
- Stage Name: Haseul (하슬)
- Full Name: Jo Haseul (조하슬)
- Nickname: Jo Leader, Haseul Leader, Harvard, Hassuri
- English Name: Jane
- Date of Birth: August 18, 1997
- Place of Birth: Suncheon-si, Jeollanam-do, South Korea
- Nationality: Korean
- Star Sign: Leo
- Blood Type: O
- Height: 159 cm
- Weight: 44 kg
- Debut Date: August 19, 2018 (with LOONA)
- Associated Acts: LOONA
- Agency: Blockberry Creative
- Education: Bucheon Sangil Elementary School, Bucheon Sangil Middle School, Bucheon Sangwon High School
- MBTI: ESFP
Fun Facts of Loona’s HaSeul
- Haseul is in charge of vocalist and rapper of LOONA. She also the leader of the main group and sub-unit (1/3).
- Haseul’s representative color is green.
- Haseul’s representative animal is a white bird.
- Even though her representative animal is a bird, she is afraid of birds, but instead, she likes dogs, and it is raising a dog.
- She can speak English well. She has been studied abroad in Sydney, Australia, for a month.
- After a year of language training in Denver, Colorado, after graduating from middle school, she returned to Korea and started his first year of high school and graduated a year later from high school in 2017.
- She planned to continue with her studies and go to college to study opera.
- Haseul sang a song by IU’s “Friday” on her audition. IU is one of her role models.
- Haseul participated in her school choir when in elementary school. She was a member of the Korean Academy Boys and Girls Choir and was also a choir member at the 2008 Infinite Challenge Song Festival.
- She is the only member who has a driver’s license.
- She owns a dog named Latte.
- Haseul can play piano and guitar. She is self-taught on guitar.
- Her hobby is watching movies.
- She was featured on ViVi’s “Everyday I Love You”.
- She can imitate other members.
- Her favorite colors are burgundy and mustard.
- Haseul’s ideal type is men like fathers, and open minds are said to be necessary.
Loona’s Pre-Debut Story
Before her debut, she learned vocal music and actually dreamed of becoming a vocalist. Before her debut, Haseul released a song called “Let Me In’ under LOONA on December 15, 2016. It’s a part of the “Girl of the Month” project.
Haseul’s trainee period is about one year. She became a trainee at the same time as YeoJin and Choerry. Before the agency decided if Haseul will debut or not, she had to take a group dance test. Even though Haseul practiced a lot, she made some mistakes during her choreography performance on selection day.
However, she was still selected as the third LOONA member, which Haseul could not believe to be true because she thought she couldn’t make it and there are many talented trainees.
Check out pre-debut video of LOONA’s Haseul here:
Appearances in MIXNINE
In 2017, Haseul participated in YG’s survival show called MIXNINE. She participated in the show along with her fellow member, Heejin and Hyunjin. During the preliminary audition, LOONA performing a song by Apink’s “Mr. Chu” and danced to Luna’s “Free Somebody”. Unfortunately, Haseul didn’t pass the audition, and only Heejin and Hyunjin passed the audition.
Check out LOONA’s member participated in MIXNINE:
Loona’s HaSeul Debut as the Leader
Haseul became the official member of LOONA on August 19, 2018. She is revealed as the third member of LOONA. Haseul teaser was released on December 8, 2016. The group debuted with the release of an extended play. LOONA consist of twelve members. Haseul debuted as a vocalist and rapper of the group. She has a pretty good voice and a wide range of notes, making high notes stable.
— 이달의 소녀(LOOΠΔ) (@loonatheworld) December 1, 2016
Haseul debuted as the leader of the group. She takes good care of the members well and usually appears on other members’ music videos. She helps the members with language to the foreign members and helps them understand the words as much as possible by mixing English with Korea.
Other members also refer to Haseul as a leader and see that she leads the group activities, concerts, monthly exploration, and more. Haseul once stated that if she didn’t become a singer, she would have studied vocal music or majored in music education at a music college.
Check out Haseul’s singing and playing guitar here:
Loona’s HaSeul Focus Fancam
Let’s check out Haseul’s focus fan-cam here~
It seems like there isn’t much fan-cam video of Haseul on the music show, so fans are excited to watch it when there is a Haseul focus fan cam. Check out some of fans comments on Haseul’s Butterfly focus fan cam:
- So proud of our leader for going through tough times and still shining!
- Mom Haseul, I’ve been waiting for your fancam since I was born.
- When she smiled near the end… the way I love her with all my heart!!!!
OMGGG, FINALLY, WE GOT AN OFFICIAL HASEUL FANCAM 😭 Idk how to put this into words accurately, but Haseul is literally glowing this comeback. Not that she wasn’t before, but lately, she is shining so bright that I can’t take my eyes off her at all. Apart from the haircut, I believe it’s because she found her confidence again. Be it off stage or on stage, like shown in this fan cam. Such a courageous young lady, I’m so proud of her. I hope Haseul continues to soar to the sky and fly like a butterfly! 💚
Haseul stage presence is really fabulous. Just look at how she dances and singing to “Hi High” and “Butterfly”~~ She has a pretty voice.
Haseul as Loona 1/3 Unit Member and Leader
On February 14, 2017, Haseul was revealed as one of LOONA’s first sub-unit members, LOONA 1/3. She also became the leader of the unit. LOONA 1/3 consists of four members: Heejin, Hyunjin, Haseul, and Vivi. The group debuted with their song “Love & Live” on March 12, 2017, on SBS’s Inkigayo. LOONA 1/3’s concept is about a combination of girls who present authentic and realistic scenery that can easily be seen on the streets or in school. The MV takes place in France, Japan, Iceland, and Hong Kong.
Check out LOONA 1/3’s Music Video here:
Loona’s HaSeul Hiatus Story
On January 8, 2020, Blockberry Creative announced the hiatus of Haseul. She was recently diagnosed with repeated anxiety symptoms and had to receive treatment from the hospital. She should have some rest and need to absent from the album activities.
— 💫 Orrery/nim 🔀 (@orrery_nim) January 7, 2020
When LOONA win their first music show on March 12, 2020, Haseul posted a photo on LOONA’s official Twitter saying, “Hello, I’m Haseul of LOONA! We won first place for the first time. I’m sorry that I couldn’t be there, but my heart is always with Orbit and our members. I think this award is all thanks to Orbit, our staff, and the Blockberry family. Our members! Congratulations on winning first place today. I love you so much.”
— 이달의 소녀(LOOΠΔ) (@loonatheworld) March 12, 2020
During the hiatus, she sometimes left comments when LOONA did VLive.
That’s all about Haseul profile, facts, and her recent activities. We wish Haseul to recovery fast and come back on stage again with LOONA. What do you think of LOONA’s Haseul? Please give a watch to Haseul’s fan cam and their group songs~ Don’t forget to share and give your comment below!