Kim Hyunjin, LOONA’s Biggest Bread Lover
Recognized as one of the visual members of her group, LOONA’s Hyunjin has enticed the public and fans with dual attractions. Contrary to her composed exterior, Hyunjin is actually quite hilarious and has entertaining skills that we can see even in LOONA’s pre-debut project, in 2016. Her chemistry with the other LOONA members synergizes harmoniously as they tease one another sisterly. On the other hand, Hyunjin still has the presentable charisma even when she is alone by herself, which has made her unquestionably a solid idol from the start.
In this article, Channel-Korea will provide you with all the information about LOONA’s Hyunjin, starting from her personal profile and fun facts, through the list of her discography and filmography, her appearance on MIXNINE, to her plastic surgery and dating rumor, her Instagram feed, and latest news. So, stay tuned!
LOONA’s Hyunjin Full Profile
Stage Name: Hyunjin
Birth Name: Kim Hyun-jin
Nickname: BreadJin, Meow Jin, and Kim Jini
Place and Date of Birth: Jeonju, North Jeolla Province, South Korea, November 15th, 2000
Age: 19 (Korean age)/18 (International age)
Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Chinese Astrology: Dragon
Blood Type: AB
Hobbies: Exercising and creating choreographies
Charming Point: Diversity (4-Dimensional), good vocal tone
Favorite Color: White
Siblings: Two older brothers
Talent Agency: BlockBerry Creative
Fun Facts About LOONA’s Hyunjin You Have to Know
- Hyunjin was a trainee for 3 years.
- Contrary to her calm appearance, Hyunjin is an outgoing person.
- Hyunjin has two older brothers. One of them is a main vocalist and composer for the band Bi-o-ne, while the other one is in acting school preparing for a debut.
- Hyunjin has big arms and hands. She is very athletic and good at sports, such as football, basketball, table tennis, and badminton.
- Hyunjin’s special talent is making dog noises and many dog expressions, such as happy dog, alert dog, hurt dog and many more. She is also able to break an apple with her bare hands.
- According to YouTuber Classical Musicians React, Hyunjin is an alto.
- In the 386th episode of LOONA TV, Hyunjin said that she wants to have blonde hair.
- Hyunjin is able to play the piano and guitar. LOONA’s Instagram account once posted a video of her and Haseul making a cover of Hyukoh’s “Wing Wing.”
- Hyunjin really loves bread and calls herself as breadholic. Once she rejected the expensive sushi set from the CEO for bread. Her favorite bread is rye bread. The dream that she wants to achieve in 10 years is to own 300 bakeries.
- Hyunjin is the shikshin (big eater) of the group because she eats a lot and is able to eat up to 3 bowls of rice. She also likes the side dish squid pickled with salt.
- Hyunjin’s favorite facial feature is her lips.
- Hyunjin prefers girl crush concept over the lovely concept.
- Hyunjin experienced a one-sided love in elementary school so it helped her act in the LOONA web drama.
- Hyunjin is ambidextrous and can write with both of her hands.
- Hyunjin likes Russian blue cats, pillows, and games.
- Hyunjin hates when people touch her bed, eggplants, and the sound of motorbikes.
- Out of the four seasons, Hyunjin loves summer the most. Three things she likes about it are the air conditioning, easier to wear clothes, and the outdoors on a summer night.
- Many netizens think that Hyunjin is a combination of Apink’s Naeun, AOA’s Seolhyun, and Twice’s Tzuyu. Others think that she resembles IZ*ONE’s Minjoo as well.
- Hyunjin is friends with DIA’s Jooeun and ITZY’s Ryujin.
- Along with Haseul and Heejin, Hyunjin participated in YG’s survival show MIXNINE. Her final rank was dropped from 3rd to 11th in the finale after the show’s malicious editing made her look like she hated Heejin.
- Hyunjin’s idol is Bread & King Donkatsu.
- Hyunjin’s hair gets frizzy after it rains.
- Hyunjin does not really like coffee as she prefers other drinks.
- Hyunjin also prefers wearing sneakers over heels.
- Hyunjin wants to film a commercial for sports shoes, earrings, and hamburger.
- Along with Choerry, Hyunjin worked on the choreography of “Rosy” by Olivia Hye, Go Won, and Heejin.
List of LOONA’s Hyunjin’s Discography
Hyunjin released her single album on November 18th, 2016, as the second girl of LOONA’s pre-debut project. Her single album contains two tracks, namely “Around You” and “I’ll Be There,” a duet with previous member Heejin. Notably, the music video of “Around You” has three versions, namely the normal version, story version, and special version, which summed some scenes of LOONA’s web drama The First Time We Met. Accordingly, Hyunjin’s single album has sold over 3,271 copies and peaked at #28 on Gaon Weekly Album Chart and #65 on Gaon Monthly Album Chart.
Hyunjin also sang “The Carol” with Heejin and Haseul, which is included in Haseul’s single album, and “My Sunday” with Heejin, which is included in Yeojin’s single album. Composed by G-High, Choi Young-kyung (MonoTree), and Park Asher, “The Carol” is a Christmas song that suits the merry celebration. On the other hand, “My Sunday” is a cheerful song with a string of guitar that suits your afternoon.
After the revelation of LOONA’s first quarter members, Hyunjin debuted in a sub-unit with Heejin, Haseul, and Vivi as LOONA 1/3. The sub-unit released one mini-album and one repackaged with the leading tracks “Love&Live” and “Sonatine.” Accordingly, LOONA 1/3 sold over 4,000 copies of their albums.
List of LOONA’s Hyunjin’s Filmography
Prior to her days as the trainee of BlockBerry Creative and member of LOONA, the young Hyunjin once appeared on tvN’s Three Idiots in 2013. She was dubbed as the pretty girl in the neighborhood due to her innocent vibe that could captivate the public despite being a regular citizen.
Hyunjin greeted the public for the first time ever as a LOONA member in the 19th episode of LOONA TV, which is updated regularly on LOONA’s official YouTube channel. She enjoyed eating bread as her breakfast despite having the flu during her MV filming in Japan.
After she was revealed in LOONA’s pre-debut project, Hyunjin acted for the first time in a web-drama The First Time We Met. Hyunjin is one of the main female characters along with Heejin and Haseul. In this drama, Hyunjin has a crush on Lee Han-sol, Heejin’s boyfriend and Haseul’s best friend. Later on, Hyunjin also befriends Vivi, a cafe part-timer whom she meets by accident.
In August 2017, Hyunjin got several CF deals. The first one was with the cosmetic brand Innisfree. Hyunjin was chosen to be the model of their product Crush Red, emphasizing her charisma as a girl crush. On the other hand, Hyunjin’s advertisement for the gameplay ‘The Law of Creation’ shows Hyunjin’s narration in nature.
After LOONA debuted as a full team, Hyunjin participated in the team’s first endorsement for Lotte Department Store in 2018.
LOONA’s Hyunjin’s Participation in MIXNINE
Back in 2017, Hyunjin participated in the jTBC survival show MIXNINE. She auditioned with fellow LOONA members Heejin and Haseul, putting two different performances namely Apink’s “Mr. Chu” and Luna’s “Free Somebody.”
— 믹스나인 MIXNINE (@jtbc_mixnine) November 6, 2017
Hyunjin passed on the audition round with Heejin, while Haseul, unfortunately, could not go further. Each contestant individually has to perform the show’s song “Just Dance,” which is produced by YG Entertainment’s producer Teddy Park. Many viewers praised Hyunjin’s stability in singing and dancing while others think that her voice is too low to be heard.
In MIXNINE, Hyunjin showcased her skills and charm in several performances, such as Nicki Minaj’s “Starships,” S.E.S’s “I’m Your Girl,” and “Like a Star,” which is produced by MC Mong and Minjae.
In addition, Hyunjin’s rank was consistently high as she was in the top 3 in the overall placement. She was recognized as the most energetic participant due to her antics and the way she runs weirdly which is somehow funny.
In the final round, Hyunjin’s ranking dropped drastically to the 11th after her scene with Heejin was maliciously edited. In episode 13, Heejin was very eager to perform “OMG” because the song suits her really nice. However, she got kicked out by Hyunjin, which led her to be in the Come To Play team.
The MIXNINE audiences considered Hyunjin to be the evil witch and betrayer of the show, saying that she is very savage to kick her own groupmate in order to achieve her goal. However, the fans defended Hyunjin as the female idol even said that she did it for the sake of Heejin who thinks that the fresh and cute concept of Come To Play matches Heejin’s youthful charm.
On September 1st, 2018, a LOONA fan asked Heejin on the group’s fan signing event for their first mini-album [+ +] whether she was hurt about the MIXNINE miscommunication with Hyunjin. Heejin said that she did not have ill feelings toward Hyunjin as they solved the problem immediately. She also saw the MIXNINE-related memes which she found fun to see.
Heejin’s affirmation seemed true as both LOONA girls were seen hanging together in the final episode of MIXNINE. They held hand banners of their names and exchanged them, smiling to one another. We are indeed glad to see Hyunjin and Heejin’s strong friendship that cannot be bothered by the mere television program!