Learn More About LOONA’s Hee-jin
Jeon Hee-jin is the first revealed member of LOOΠΔ and a member of its first subunit, LOOΠΔ 1/3. She debuted on September 26th, 2016, as a member of the group and subsequently released her solo single album HeeJin on October 5th, 2016.
LOOΠΔ is a South Korean girl group formed by Blockberry Creative. The twelve members of the group were revealed periodically, according to their Korean name Idarui Sonyeo, which translates to “Girl of the Month.” Loona commenced their pre-debut project in August 2016, with each member releasing a promotional single over the next eighteen months. The group has formed three subunits: Loona 1/3, Loona Odd Eye Circle, and Loona yyxy. In 2018, LOOΠΔ released their debut EP as a full ensemble, [+ +] with the title tracks “Favorite” and “Hi High.” In 2019, they released the repacked album [X X] with “Butterfly” as the lead single.
In this article, Channel-Korea will provide you with updates on the leader of the girl group LOONA, Hee-jin. So, stay tuned!
Full Profile and Facts of Heejin
Stage Name: Hee-jin
Birth Name: Jeon Hee-jin
Birthplace: Daejeon, South Korea
Date of Birth: October 19th, 2000
Age: 19 Years Old
Height: 1.60 m
Blood Type: A
Weight: 45 kg
Zodiac Sign: Libra
Color: bright pink
Nicknames: Heekki, Pumpkin Jeon, Carrot Girl, Jeonnie Jin, Heettongie, Founder
Family: Jeon Yi-kyung (older sister), Jeon Yoon-kyung (older sister)
Education: St. Paul Girls’ Middle School (graduated), Hansung Girls’ High School (graduated)
Languages: Korean (fluent), Japanese (learning)
Position: Leader, Main Dancer, Lead Vocalist, Visual, Center
Instruments: Guitar, piano
Hobbies: Visiting bakeries, playing sudoku, calligraphy
Likes: Animals, bread, scented things, eating alone
Dislikes: Pigeons’ Messiness, cigarettes
Personality: Hard-working, confident, friendly, energetic, optimistic
Current residence: LOOΠΔ Dormitory, Seoul, South Korea
Roommates: Hyun-jin, HaSeul, Yeo-jin, ViVi, Kim Lip, Jin-soul, Choerry
SubUnit: LООПΔ ⅓
- She was born in Bundang-gu, Seongnam, Gyeonggi Province, South Korea.
- She has two older sisters.
- She is the October Girl (she was presented in October 2016).
- In the audition, she sang Lin’s “A-live” and got accepted.
- She is represented by a rabbit.
- Her designated color is bright pink.
- Heejin’s English name is Zoe.
- Her nicknames are Heekkie (“Bunny”), Founder (She founded the Loonaverse), and Ambitious Bunny.
- In middle school, she started attending a dance academy.
- Hee-jin graduated from Hansung Girls’ High School alongside Hyun-jin on January 7th, 2019.
- She was a trainee for a year.
- Heejin can play the guitar.
- Heejin’s eyebrows are sort and gray-colored.
- Heejin can twist her tongue from side to side.
- She can speak Japanese.
- Heejin is afraid of pigeons.
- Heejin is allergic to fur.
- Heejin’s role model is Lucia.
- Heejin lived in the countryside, so it took her four hours to get to the practice room in Seoul.
- Heejin has a doll that she really likes and brings everywhere.
- Heejin was a contestant in YG’s survival show MIXNINE.
- Heejin was voted as the most beautiful female Mixnine contestant by Korean netizens.
- Heejin made it to #4 in the MIXNINE finale, but her team didn’t get to debut because the male trainees won.
- Heejin was a guest in a panel of celebrities in King of Masked Singer Episode 171.
- She released her single “ViViD.”
- In 2018, she performed “Egoist (ft. Jin-soul)” as Olivia Hye.
Hee-jin was born as Jeon Hee Jin on October 19th, 2000, in Bundang District, Seongnam, Gyeonggi Province, South Korea. She is the youngest of three daughters in her family. Hee-jin realized that she wants to become a singer when she was in middle school. At one time, she shared similar dreams with both of her sisters, but they remained unfulfilled. She has stated that one of the reasons she became a singer was to make her sisters’ unfulfilled dreams come true and has cited her sisters as being her biggest supporters. For this, she traveled four hours of distance in order to attend a dance academy. Her father began discouraging her dreams of becoming a singer after she was rejected at 20 different auditions.
However, in 2015, she was cast through social media by BlockBerry Creative and became a trainee. Hee-jin trained for one year before she was selected to be the first member of the agency’s upcoming girl group, LOOΠΔ.
On September 25th, 2016, a video teaser titled “LOONA’s 1st Member ‘HeeJin’ SeoulTeaser” was released on YouTube featuring promotional posters of Hee-jin in the streets of Seoul. Hee-jin is the only member to not have a “Who’s Next Girl?” teaser image because she is the first member and hence it was not necessary.
On October 2nd, 2016, BlockBerry Creative released a video teaser titled “Paris” to tease the acoustic mix of ViViD featuring Hee-jin while filming in Paris.
She debuted on September 26th, 2016, as a member of the girl group LOOΠΔ and subsequently released her solo single album Hee-jin on October 5th, 2016.
She was later revealed to be a member of its first subunit, LOOΠΔ 1/3.
Hee-jin was featured in a special version of Jin-soul’s “Singing in the Rain” where she covered the rap part of the song.
Hee-jin was also featured in Olivia Hye and Go Won‘s duet, “Rosy,” where she also covered the rap part of the song.
Debut as LOONA’s Leader
LOOΠΔ is a South Korean girl group formed by Blockberry Creative. The group consists of twelve members: Hee-jin, Hyun-jin, Ha-seul, Yeojin, ViVi, Kim Lip, Jin-soul, Choerry, Yves, Chuu, Go Won, and Olivia Hye. LOONA finally made their official debut on August 7th, 2018, with the release of their first mini-album titled + + with the main single “Favorite,” followed by the second single titled “Hi High” on August 20th, 2018. Hee-jin became the leader of the group.
On February 19th, 2019, LOOΠΔ released the repackaged album [+ +] with six additional tracks, including a new single, “Butterfly.”
In October 2017, Hee-jin, along with other LOOΠΔ members Hyun-jin and Ha-seul, auditioned for the survival reality show MIXNINE.
Hee-jin and Hyun-jin passed the audition stage making it onto the show. Having passed the audition, she and Hyun-jin became contestants as representatives of their agency and idol group.
However, Hyun-jin only placed in Top 18 and was eliminated while Hee-jin made it until the final episode but was eliminated when the boys’ team won against the girls’, and hence ultimately did not get to debut.