Learn More About K-Pop Concerts Held In 2019
As a result of the increasing expansion of the Korean Wave (Hallyu), K-Pop artists started to hold their concerts in other countries outside of South Korea. With the increase of exposure, K-Pop idols gained a huge success in other Asian countries, then they also started to expand to western music markets in the United States, America, and Europe.
Over the past few years, the number of Korean pop and hip-hop concerts in Asia and America has increased. In 2019, there were so many K-Pop acts, boy bands, girl groups, and solo singers that held their world tour and concert in other countries outside South Korea. K-Pop acts such as BTS, Monsta X, Pentagon, NU’EST, Twice, GOT7, and other K-Pop artists, have taken on venues and arenas for their own tours, some of them even making major history in the process.
In this article, Channel-Korea will provide you with a list of K-Pop performers who held concerts in 2019. Let’s find out more about K-Pop artists’ concerts, such as Pentagon, NU’EST, Twice, IU, and more. So, stay tuned and keep scrolling down this article.
2019 PENTAGON World Tour “PRISM”
In April 2019, the boy group Pentagon of Cube Entertainment held a solo concert in many countries, not only in Southeast Asia but also in some countries on other continents, such as the United States and other countries in America. Pentagon’s tour was named 2019 PENTAGON CONCERT-PRISM. The tour first began at Blue Square Eye Market Hall in Yongsan, Seoul on April 27th and 28th, 2019, to meet their fans.
2019 PENTAGON CONCERT-PRISM was a concert that was held for about a year after the group’s fifth solo concert TENTASTIC Vol.5 ~ MIRACLE ~ that was held in April the year before last. The title PRISM means that the boy group Pentagon, which is sparkling in the fan club UNIVERSE, will show various spectrums prepared only for their fans, UNIVERSE.
After holding two shows in Seoul, PENTAGON continued its 2019 world tour PRISM starting in late August in Jakarta, Indonesia. The group also went to different cities in the United States and also in different countries of Asia. Previously, they had released their latest track “Sha La La” and wowed their fans once again with their synchronized dance and powerful performance.
PENTAGON held a concert in Chicago for its fourth stop on its Prism World Tour. Their first time was at the Windy City, and they were greeted with enthusiastic cheers and love. PENTAGON’s fans, Universes, have been waiting since debut to see their boys on a full-length tour. Chicago was the only general admission venue and it had fans lining up around the House of Blues from as early as 5 a.m. to make sure they get a good spot to see their favorite group.
— hellokpop (@hellokpop) November 2, 2019
During the 2019 PENTAGON CONCERT-PRISM, Pentagon performed a special stage by singing Camila Cabello’s song “Havana” and Mark Ronson featuring Bruno Mars’ song “Uptown Funk.” During the group’s concert at The Star Theater, Singapore, Universe had the most exciting day of their lives as their favorite boy group performed live in front of them. The Pentagon members, Jinho, Hui, Hongseok, Shinwon, Yeo One, Yuto, Kino, and Wooseok delivered amazing performances through their incredible dance choreography, powerful vocals and delightful interactions with their members and fans.
Pentagon’s member Hongseok has lived in Singapore to study English. Although he tried not to recall his life in Singapore, Hongseok recommended the popular pink-colored drink, Bandung, to his members. Hongseok made a cute gush as he recalled how he used to do silly stuff when he was young. Being an alumnus of Hwa Chong Institution, he invited his former classmates which made him a little embarrassed that night.
Here is the list of Pentagon’s Concert PRISM 2019 schedules, dates, countries, and venues:
- September 6th, 2019, Friday – Chicago (House of Blues)
- September 8th, 2019, Sunday – Dallas (House of Blues)
- September 10th, 2019, Tuesday – Seattle (Moore Theater)
- September 12th, 2019, Thursday – Los Angeles (The Wiltern)
- September 13th, 2019, Friday – San Jose (City National Civic)
- September 15th, 2019, Sunday – Sao Paulo (Tropical Butanta)
- September 20th, 2019, Friday – Monterrey (Auditorio Pabellon M)
- September 22nd, 2019, Sunday – Mexico City (Auditorio Blackberry)
- October 6th, 2019, Sunday – Taipei (TICC)
- October 12th, 2019, Saturday – Hong Kong (Kitec, Star Hall)
- November 2nd, 2019, Saturday – Singapore (The Star Theater)
2019 NU’EST Tour “Segno”
On May 5th, 2019, NU’EST revealed that the group would hold a tour, 2019 NU’EST TOUR <Segno>. The poster indicates the locations for a tour overseas. The boy group would stop at Bangkok, Hong Kong, Jakarta, Manila, Kuala Lumpur, and Taipei. The long-awaited NU’EST tour finally happened and it looked like fans were extremely excited after hearing the announcement of the tour dates and locations.
After the return of Min-hyun from Wanna One activities, fans were able to see the group as a whole. It was the group’s very first concert as a five-member group after two years. The NU’EST member, Baekho explained that the name of the concert, Segno, referred to the musical term dal segno. It means going back and starting from the beginning. While the group was preparing for the concert, they wanted to present their old songs in a new way.
The 2019 NU’EST Concert <Segno> at the Olympic Gymnastics Arena (KSPO Dome) in Seoul that was held on April 12th and 13th, 2019, was NU’EST’s very first Korean concert as a five-member group. At the concert, the members burst into tears as they communicated with their fans. The leader JR said that the concert is a really special concert for both NU’EST members and for L.O.Λ.Es. It took seven years for the five members to be able to hold a concert in a large venue. They felt so grateful that they were able to be together with their fans, L.O.Λ.Es, which has always been their dream.
During the 2019 NU’EST Concert <Segno> in Manila, JR, Aron, Min Hyun, Baekho, and Ren showed an eventful show as beautiful as their love for their fans, L.O.ㅅ.Es. NU’EST members entered the stage gracefully with their visual-blinding looks. The idol group kicked off the show with the beautiful song “HELLO.” Upon hearing Min-hyun’s angelic voice singing the song’s intro Yeoboseyo, the Filipino L.O.ㅅ.Es, really went wild and gave their enthusiastic cheers. The five members of the boy group quickly followed it up with enthralling stages of “Love Paint,” a song from their fifth mini-album Canvas.
2019 NU’EST TOUR <Segno>
- On April 12th, 13th, and 14th, 2019, NU’EST held the first three nights of their solo concert Segno at the Olympic Gymnastics Arena (KSPO Dome) in Seoul. A total of approximately 36,000 concertgoers attended the three nights of the sold-out concert.
- The concert in Bangkok was held on July 20th and 21st, 2019, at the Thunder Dome in Muang Thong Thani.
- July 27th, 2019, Saturday- Hong Kong (AsiaWorld Expo, Hall 10)
- The Jakarta concert took place on August 3rd, 2019, at Istora Senayan, Jakarta, Indonesia.
- August 24th, 2019, Saturday – Singapore (Singapore Indoor Stadium)
- The Manila concert was held on August 31st, 2019, at Araneta Coliseum.
- September 7th, 2019, Saturday – Kuala Lumpur (Malawati Indoor Stadium, Shah Alam)
- September 14th, 2019, Saturday – Taipei (Xinzhuang Gymnasium)
TWICE World Tour ‘TWICELIGHTS’ 2019
On April 22nd, 2019, the JYP Entertainment girl group TWICE released their 7th mini-album FANCY YOU. During their comeback, the girls also announced their 2019 world tour, TWICE World Tour TWICELIGHTS 2019. The concert meant a continuous celebration of self-expression. Fans have been waiting for the news for a really long time as there were previous reports of them heading to the United States for a potential tour.
During the group’s concert in Singapore, the members of Twice shed tears as one of the members of the group, Mina was absent from the concert. Down from nine members to eight, the absence of Japanese member Mina was clearly felt at the K-Pop group Twice’s Singapore concert, which was filled with highs and lows.
A statement from their agency, JYP Entertainment on June 11th, 2019, said that TWICE’s Mina would be pulling out from all Twice activities and promotions and concerts of Twice’s world tour due to her struggle with “sudden extreme anxiety and insecurity towards performing on stage.” All of the Twice fans, Once, really hope that Mina can get well soon and get back together with the other members to continue their activities and promotions as usual.
TWICE World Tour TWICELIGHTS 2019-2020
- May 25th and 26th, 2019 Saturday & Sunday – Seoul (KSPO DOME)
- June 15th, 2019, Saturday – Bangkok (Impact Arena, Muang Thong Thani)
- June 29th, 2019, Saturday – Manila (Mall of Asia Arena)
- July 13th, 2019, Saturday – Singapore (Singapore Indoor Stadium)
- July 17th, 2019, Wednesday – Los Angeles (The Forum)
- July 19th, 2019, Friday – Mexico City (Palacio De Los Deportes)
- July 21st, 2019, Sunday – Newark (Prudential Center)
- July 23rd, 2019, Tuesday – Chicago (Wintrust Arena)
- August 17th, 2019, Saturday – Kuala Lumpur (Axiata Arena)
- February 11th and 12th, 2020, Tuesday & Wednesday – Fukuoka (Marine Messe Fukuoka)
- February 22nd and 23rd, 2020, Saturday & Sunday – Shizuoka (Ecopa Arena)
- March 3rd and 4th, 2020, Tuesday & Wednesday – Tokyo (Tokyo Dome)
- March 7th and 8th, 2020, Saturday & Sunday – Seoul (KSPO Dome)