Check Out the Full Profile of Former Child Actress and Leader of Lightsum, Juhyeon
At only 17 years old, Lightsum’s Juhyeon has appeared and competed in idol talent programs The Unit and Dancing High. Being an idol has always been her dream. She started dancing in the second grade of elementary school. Juhyeon debuted as a child actress before choosing to be an idol and joining Cube Entertainment. After 7 years of training, she finally got her dream and debuted with Cube’s Lightsum.
Find out the profile of Lightsum’s Juhyeon in this article!
Lightsum’s Juhyeon’s Profile
Birth name: Lee Ju-hyeon
Birthday: April 8, 2004
Birthplace: Youngsan, Seoul
Height: 171 cm
Weight: 48 kg
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Blood type: AB
Position: Lead Vocals, Main Dancer, Leader
Lightsum’s Juhyeon’s Facts
- Juhyeon and Nayoung are responsible for the dancer and vocalist positions
- Juhyeon was the second member to be revealed
- She has an older brother
- Her nicknames are Jju, Squid Jju, Robot Jju
- Her role models are HyunA and BoA
- Juhyeon’s hobbies are reading, listening to music, walking, and watching dramas
- Her motto is “Don’t forget about me”
- Juhyeon participated in Dancing High and The Unit but failed to win both
- She started dancing in the second grade of elementary school
- Juhyeon’s training period was 7 years and 4 months long, the longest amongst Lightsum members
- For Lightsum members, Juhyeon is their “mother”
- She is afraid of seeing a ghost
- She regularly eats vitamins and drinks pumpkin, ginseng, and cabbage juice
- She is the tallest member
- Juhyeon was a former child actress, and she was active in dancing before joining Cube Entertainment
- Her mother owns and operates a Korean snack shop
- During her trainee period, Juhyeon appeared in Dok2xPentagon’s MV
Lightsum’s Juhyeon’s Appearance in The Unit and Dancing High
Juhyeon represented Cube Entertainment when she participated in an idol rebooting project called The Unit. In the program, she competed with idols that had already debuted while Juhyeon herself was only a trainee. In the first evaluation period, she was placed at rank 38. Juhyeon steadily improved her rank in almost every evaluation period. Before the final evaluation, she gained the 21st rank. Throughout the competition, Juhyeon never got picked for first place or gained enough attention from the mentors. Sadly, she failed to be a final candidate.
When she was 15 years old, Juhyeon participated in the teenage dance battle audition program Dancing High. The program was aired on September 7, 2018, on KBS 2TV. Viewers noticed her as a trainee with more talent in performance such as dancing rather than vocals.
Unfortunately, Juhyeon didn’t make it to the Top 10 position in the second week. She scored fewer points because at that time she didn’t have a strong mentality to show her true talent in front of the judges. No judges selected her to advance to the next round.
Juhyeon has a lot of chances to prove that she has the talent to be successful, either with Lightsum or with solo projects. As the leader of Lightsum, Juhyeon can lead the other members by example because she has a lot of experience.
Check out the profiles of other Lightsum members on Channel-Korea. Don’t forget to share this article on your Twitter account!