Lee Joon-gi and Jeon Hye-bin’s relationship
Many celebrities don’t publicly acknowledge their relationships easily because they are bound to harm someone. This causes them to keep their relationships a secret, but most of them always get caught by reporters. Take actor Lee Joon-gi and actress Jeon Hye-bin for example, the two met through Gunman in Joseon and developed feelings for each other.
But before they confirmed their relationship, Lee Joon-gi and Jeon Hye-bin denied the rumors several times and at last confessed that they had been dating secretly for over a year.
However, not long after the confirmed dating news broke out, a few months later, Lee Joon-gi and Jeon Hye-bin announced their break-up through official statements of the Namoo Actors agency. Let’s dive into the details of their relationship below!
Information about Lee Joon-gi and Jeon Hye-bin’s relationship
Given that Lee Joon-gi and Jeon Hye-bin know they’re in the public eye and will likely be followed by paparazzi when they least expect it, you’d think that most celebrities would keep any love relationship as secretive as possible. Well, that’s not exactly the case – after being embroiled in dating rumors, not once, not twice, but thrice, Korean actor Lee Joon-gi and Korean actress Jeon Hye-bin were photographed out on a late-night date by Korean media outlet Dispatch. The two have been caught on a supposed date and made the headlines.
On April 4th, 2017, Lee Joon-gi and Jeon Hye-bin finally confirmed their relationship. It was reported that the two began dating in early 2016 and became aware of each other’s feelings through the drama Lee Joon-gi and Jeon Hye-bin had played before Gunman in Joseon, back in 2014. But after two years of devotion, on August 25th, 2017, their agency, Namoo Actors, confirmed reports saying the two ended their relationship after four months of going public.
Might be you like to check: ACTOR LEE JOON-KI IS A SINGER TOO? LET’S FIND OUT MORE ABOUT HIS ALBUMS!
An inside source said the reason for their break-up was their busy schedules, which led them to become distant and eventually break up. Regardless of that, the source has said the actors would continue to support one another as colleagues.
20+ facts about Lee Joon-gi and Jeon Hye-bin’s relationships
- Lee Joon-gi and Jeon Hye-bin only have a one-year age gap. Lee Joon-gi was born in 1982, while Jeon Hye-bin was born in 1983.
- The two have been in the same agency, Namoo Actors, since 2014.
- Lee Joon-gi is Jeon Hye-bin’s sunbae (senior) in the acting world, which is why at first, she felt quite a gap between them.
- Their agency denied their dating rumors three times in June, August, and September of 2015.
- According to Lee Joon-gi’s longtime fans, the couple has been showing signs of dating on social media. An example of this occurred on Jeon Hye-bin’s birthday. On September 27th, 2016, Lee Joon-gi posted on Instagram a post with a lovable caption that read, “Hello? My person ♥.“
- Dispatch followed the two for a while and gathered a lot of evidence of the two being suspiciously close. For example, Lee Joon-gi was seen walking what appeared to be Jeon Hye-bin’s Pomeranian dog named Happy.
- There was also a witness who saw them in a car, a Black Porsche, on the road near Apgujeong-dong, Seoul, “Lee Joon-gi was stroking the face of Jeon Hye-bin, they looked like lovers.”
- Again, Lee Joon-gi and Jeon Hye-bin were seen together at a bar near Yakushu Station as they were greeting their acquaintances there.
- The eagle-eyed fans spotted that Lee Joon-gi and Jeon Hye-bin were wearing the same necklace and phone case long before they confirmed their relationship (photos below). When asked, their agency denied their relationship, saying that Jeon Hye-bin is simply wearing a necklace she bought on a Hawaii holiday two years before. In contrast, the one worn by Lee Joon-gi was given by fans and appeared to be a popular and common type of necklace in Korea.
- In December 2014, before the couple revealed their relationship to the public, entertainer Hong Seok-cheon posted a photo on his Instagram with a caption, “My Sweet”/”마이스윗” (the name of his restaurant which is well known for the many star couples visiting the place).
- In the photo, he looks friendly with Gunman in Joseon actors: Yoo Sung, Lee Joon-gi, Jeon Hye-bin. Since the photo was posted, the rumors about the two of them dating circulated among the netizens. But at the time, Lee Joon-gi and Jeon Hye-bin denied the rumors and said it was just a business relationship and they were only close friends (photo below).
Might be you like to check: Check out Hong Seok-cheon’s restaurant here!
- Lee Joon-gi once shared a photo of his Gunman in Joseon friends Jeon Hye-bin and Lee Dong-hwi. The three sit side by side and smile, gazing at the camera and making eye contact with the camera (photo below).
- Jeon Hye-bin once shared that she became aware of his feelings because Lee Joon-gi repeatedly commented on her SNS.
- After the relationship went public, Lee Joon-gi left a letter expressing his affection for Jeon Hye-bin and his apologetic heart towards his fans on his official internet fan café.
- Their relationship caused controversy because Joon-gi was a cast member of My Ear’s Candy, a show in which celebrities are paired with each other to build chemistry, hopefully turning into romance. Fans questioned his sincerity toward his partner (Park Min-young) in the show, leading him to apologize. “I feel a tremendous amount of responsibility in terms of my appearance in the variety program. I would like to sincerely apologize to all the fans and viewers who showed much love and support,” he said in a statement.
- Finally, the show My Ear’s Candy got canceled to refrain from any complications or probable rating drops as Lee Joon-gi confirmed that Jeon Hye-bin is his girlfriend.
- According to the actress, Lee Joon-gi and Jeon Hye-bin were friends for a long time before dating. “We had been a hyung and a dongsaeng for a long time because I’m a tomboy. And we thought we weren’t compatible at all. We didn’t see this coming because we were friends for a long time,” Jeon Hye-bin had said on a talk show.
- Jeon Hye-bin gushed about Lee Joon-gi when they were still dating on Happy Together 3. She shared, “I thought he was polite at first, but the more I got to know him, the more I came to realize that he was a good person. At some point, he started leaving a lot of comments on my social media as well. We naturally developed into a dating relationship.”
- A Korean media commented on Lee Joon-gi and Jeon Hye-bin’s enthusiasm that they mainly enjoyed dates at Jeon Hye-bin’s villa located in Gangwon-do. It was also mentioned that Lee Joon-gi and Jeon Hye-bin spent the 2017 New Year together as well.
- Also, according to an insider, the lovebirds often met at each other’s houses. Before, when Jeon Hye-bin returned to South Korea from South America, Lee Joon-gi went to her house to welcome her home. The couple was also spotted meeting up together with close friends, with Joon-gi wearing a mask to hide his identity.
- Lee Joon-gi and Jeon Hye-bin’s agency reported that they have ended their relationship on August 25, 2017. The agency released a statement that both Lee Joon-gi and Jeon Hye-bin had busy schedules and will continue to support each other as a senior and junior.
- Lee Joon-gi and Jeon Hye-bin ended the relationship the same year they announced it. Netizens speculated that apart from their busy schedules, the other reason might be the hate comments left by Lee Joon-gi’s fans.
- Apparently, the hate comments on Jeon Hye-bin’s Instagram were pretty intense; cursing, bullying her, calling her names, and abusing her verbally. The comments were mainly from international fans in English and Chinese.
Might be you like to check: ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT JEON HYE-BIN’S LOVE LIFE
Is Lee Joon-gi already married?
Lee Joon-gi is now around 38 years old. It’s natural for someone his age to be already married but not in the Korean entertainment industry. There are a lot of male and female celebrities who are already his age but are still single.
It’s the same with Lee Joon-gi. He dated a few women in the past. One of them was confirmed in public, and it’s Jeon Hye-bin. But since Lee Joon-gi and Jeon Hye-bin ended their relationship, there’s no more dating news about Lee Joon-gi nor about his marriage.
Lee Joon-gi often mentioned planning a marriage when he can shortly. When he was filming The Flower of Evil with actress Moon Chae-won, Joon-gi again mentioned his interest in marriage. He will if he can meet someone who he is meant to be with in the future. People always ship him with his co-actress, but they only become friends or colleagues in the same industry.
Might be you like to check: SUPPORTING EACH OTHER, WHAT IS THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN LEE JOON-GI AND IU?
Lee Joon-gi also has been rumored to date several actresses some of them are Shin Min-ah and Uee from After School. Check out more details about the news of Lee Joon-gi’s ideal type and dating rumors here.
Let’s hope we can get great news from him soon.
Who is Lee Joon Gi’s wife?
Lee Joon-gi has a wife, Moon Chae-won, in one of his dramas. Unfortunately, it’s not a real wife and just for acting. Lee Joon-gi is not married yet. Although he often thought and showed his interest in it in some of the interviews in the past. He is playing the role of a husband in a marriage relationship with Moon Chae-won in the drama titled The Flower of Evil.
Might be you like to check: DIET TIPS AND EXERCISE, HOW LEE JOON-GI LOST WEIGHT
Lee Joon-gi acts as a mysterious man whose wife gets suspicious about his pst. He can’t smile like other people and fakes his life. This drama had a strong presence when it was aired and got big enthusiasm from K-drama lovers. Lee Joon-gi really has great chemistry with Moon Chae-won who acts as his wife. Do you think that they will make a good couple too?
Lee Joon-gi is a rising star right after he filmed The King and the Clown back in 2005. He actively acts in Korean dramas as well as movies. He made a good appearance in the Hollywood Movie Resident Evil with Milla Jovovich. He’s an Ajusshi now, but it’s not sparked his deadly charm to his fans. Let’s hope we hear good news about his love relationship in the future.