Korean Actor Lee Joon-gi
Lee Joon-Gi is a popular actor, model, and singer from South Korea. He was born in Busan on April 17, 1982. He debuted at the end of 2000 through a drama. Lee Joon-Gi reached his peak popularity in 2005 when he starred in the film The King and the Clown. In 2016, he was chosen as a main cast member for the drama Moon Lovers – Scarlet Heart: Ryeo as Wang So.
Profile and Facts
|Name||Lee Joon-Gi (이준기)|
|Born||April 17, 1982, Busan, South Korea|
|Alma Mater||Seoul Institute of Arts|
|Occupation||Actor, Model, and Singer|
|Height||178 cm (5’10”)|
|Weight||66 kg (145 lbs)|
|Social Media||@actor_jg (Instagram)|
- Lee Joon-gi has a younger brother.
- He is currently under the agency Namoo Actors.
- He debuted as a model in 2001.
- He enlisted in the military on May 3, 2010, and was discharged on February 10, 2012.
- He was dating actress Jeon Hye-bin in early 2016, but it was confirmed their relationship ended in August 2017.
- He debuted as a model for So Basic, appearing alongside actress Hee-Seon Kim in 2001.
- In 2004, He landed his first substantive acting role in the TV drama co-produced by MBC and Fuji TV titled Stars Echo.
- He was appointed as Korean Tourism Ambassador in 2009 by The Korean Tourism Organization.
Lee Joon-Gi was interested in performing arts when he was in senior high school after he watched Hamlet. After that, Joon-Gi moved to Seoul to work in the entertainment industry even though he was continuing his education at a university. On his way to achieving his dream, Joon-gi worked part-time for several years before he was a student of Seoul Institute of Arts. Lee Joon-gi started his debut in 2001 as a brand ambassador fashion model for So Basic. Lee Joon-Gi joined Namoo Actors Agency in 2014.
- May 18 | Hwaryeohan Hyooga (2007) – Kang Jin-Woo
- Virgin Snow| (2007) – Kim Min
- Fly, Daddy, Fly |(2006) – Go Seung Suk
- The King and the Clown| (2005) – Gong Gil
- Flying Boys| (2004) – Dong Wan
- The Hotel Venus| (2004) – Boy
- Lawless Lawyer | Moobeob Byeonhosa (tvN / 2018) – Bong Sang-Pil
- Criminal Minds (tvN / 2017) – Kim Hyun-Joon
- Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo | Dalui Yeonin – Bobogyungsim Ryeo (SBS / 2016) – Wang So
- She Was Pretty | Geunyeoneun Yeppeodda (MBC / 2015) – himself (ep.9)
- Scholar Who Walks the Night | Bameul Geotneun Sunbi (MBC / 2015) – Kim Sung-Yeol
- Gunman in Joseon | Joseon Chongjabi (KBS2 / 2014) – Park Yoon-Kang
- Two Weeks | Toowickseu (MBC / 2013) – Jang Tae-San
- Arang and the Magistrate | Alangsattojeon (MBC / 2012) – Eun-Oh
- Hero (MBC / 2009)
- Il Ji-Mae: The Phantom Thief | Iljimae (SBS / 2008) – Il Ji-Mae / Yong-Yi
- Time Between Dog and Wolf | Gaewa Neukdaeui Shigan (MBC / 2007) – Lee Soo-Hyun
- The 101st Proposal (cameo) (SBS / 2006)
- My Girl (SBS / 2005-2006) – Seo Jung-Woo
- Star’s Echo (MBC / 2004)
- Nonstop 4 (MBC / 2003) – guest
- 2016 SBS Drama Awards – December 31, 2016
- Ten Star Award (Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo)
- Hanryu Star Award (Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo)
- Best Couple Award (Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo)
- 2015 MBC Drama Awards – December 30, 2015
- Ten Star Award (Scholar Who Walks the Night)
- 2014 KBS Drama Awards – December 31, 2014
- Excellent Actor (medium-length drama) (Gunman in Joseon)
- Best Couple Award (Gunman in Joseon)
- 2012 MBC Drama Awards – December 30, 2012
- Best Couple Award (Arang and the Magistrate)
Lee Joon-Gi’s Rumor with Jeon Hye-Bin
Lee Joon-Gi has a lot of dating rumors. Typically, the rumors include actresses he co-starred with in dramas. In September 2015, he was reported to be dating Jeon Hye-Bin. They met as co-actors in the drama The Jonsean Gunman in 2014. In 2016, Lee Joon-Gi and Jeon Hye-bin were confirmed to be dating by their agencies and in 2017 was reported to have ended their relationship.
Lee Joon-Gi’ s Rumor with Shin Min Ah
In 2013, Lee Joon-Gi had a dating rumor with Shin Min Ah. The speculations went on because of their drama Arang and the Magistrate. But, both of them denied the rumors through their agencies. Their agencies said that they were only close as friends.
The Rumor with Uee from After School
In 2012, the public speculated that Joon-gi was dating Uee. This was his first dating rumor after his debut. Both of them denied the rumors based on unfounded speculation.
Lee Joon-Gi’s Ideal Type of Woman
Lee Joon-gi said that he does not have a very specific type of woman he prefers. He just likes a woman who is older than him and is mature. He wants a woman who can be his good guide and be supportive while understanding his entertainment career. He also hopes for a woman with similar musical tastes. He wants a woman who can support him in all situations, whether happy or sad.
What Does He Think About Marriage?
Recently, he talked about his life, including romance and marriage. He said that at this time he is getting older and is thinking about marriage. Of course, he hopes to go on many dates before finally deciding to get married.
He also said that he often contacts his friends lately to ask to be introduced to a good woman. Now, he is concentrating on his projects and also has some interest in getting comfortable in his life. For now, he said that he has not found an ideal woman who he can fall in love with or start to undergo a serious relationship with.
His Ideal Dating Plan
Reported from several media sources, Lee Joon-Gi also talked about the right time to start dating. He said that, actually, he doesn’t have time and even doesn’t have thoughts about dating. Because he is a person who is oriented and is a perfectionist in his career, he wants to have projects continuously so he wants to date on the sidelines of his busy schedule.
He always thinks about the sharpness of his talent rather than his personal life. He wants to date without sacrificing his time for his career. Therefore, he wants a woman who understands this.
Actually, he establishes a good relationship with his fans. He always gets and listens to the opinions of his fans before getting involved in projects. He always plans to meet with his fans. His fans are not too interested in false news about his relationships with his co-stars. They think it’s like a feeling of a sport that happens to all celebrities. His fans want him to find his ideal woman and continue his personal life regardless of plans for his career. His fans want him to be involved in his personal interests from now on among the busy schedule of his jobs.
He has good support from his fans who always spoil his emotions and lead him along the journey of music, acting, and modeling.