Let’s Get Acquainted With The Main Dancer and Lead Rapper of The South Korean Girl-Group ‘Fromis_9’: Lee Chae-young
Lee Chae-young is a South Korean singer who is now under a CJ E&M Music contract. In July 2017, Chaeyoung became a contestant in the Idol School survival program and won fourth place. She then debuted as a member of the girl-group Fromis_9 on January 24, 2018, under Stone Music Entertainment.
While joining the Idol School survival program, she ended up involved in a bullying case which resulted in receiving scolding from Korean netizens, many Korean netizens even asked Mnet to remove Lee Chae-young from the survival program. However, after looking deeper, Mnet confirmed that she had never been involved in a bullying case at her school and she had the right to continue her struggle to debut as an idol. In the end, the performer managed to get 4th place and debut as a member of Fromis_9 as the main dancer and lead rapper.
In this article, Channel-Korea will introduce you to the most beautiful main dancer and lead rapper from the South Korean girl group ‘Fromis_9’: Lee Chae-young. So, don’t skip this article!
Lee Chae-young’s Full Profile
Stage Name: Chaeyoung (채영)
Birth Name: Lee Chae-young (이채영)
Position: Main Dancer, Lead Rapper, Vocalist
Birthday: May 14, 2000
Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Height: 169 cm (5’7″)
Weight: 54 kg (119 lbs)
Blood Type: B
Facts About Lee Chae-young
- She was born in Pohang, South Korea.
- Education: Hanlim Multi Art High School, Broadcasting & Entertainment Department Badge 8th (Senior)
- Her nickname is Chaeng-ramji (squirrel)
- She is a former JYP Entertainment trainee.
- She`s strong; she can split an apple with her bare hands.
- She’s afraid of heights.
- Chaeyoung is allergic to apples.
- Chaeyoung is the tallest member of fromis_9 at 169 cm tall. She 1 cm taller than Gyuri.
- Chaeyoung is Fromis_9’s “Shikshin / Big Eater”. (Fromis_room)
- She hates summer as she sweats easily.
- Her role model is HyunA.
- She likes action, hero, and thriller movies, she falls asleep when watching romance movies.
- Her hobby is listening to ballads.
- Her favorite fruits are apples, cherries, and peaches, but, she is allergic to all of them. She usually tries to endure the itch and eat them anyway.
- Her favorite colors are Sky Blue and Black.
- She likes football, running, and baseball.
- She likes cosmetics, especially lipstick.
- Chaeyoung said the best part of her is her left side profile. (Official Fromis_9 YouTube)
- She is close to Dreamnote‘s Miso, they trained together during middle school and with IZ*ONE‘s Chaeyeon.
- She ranked 4th in Idol School with 65,318 votes.
- During Idol School, Chaeyoung was often credited as the “Meme Queen”. (Idol School)
- Her motto: “Those who can do it, could do it.”
- Chaeyoung, Hayoung, Jiwon are sharing a room – “Bbiyoongz Room”, because it is the noisiest room in the dorm.
- Chaeyoung’s ideal type: Someone who is tall attracts her the most.
Chaeyoung in Idol School
In July, 2017, Chaeyoung became a contestant on Idol School, and finished the competition in fourth place, thus debuting as a member of fromis_9.
Mnet’s newest program again caused controversy even before it was officially aired. Mnet plans to broadcast the Idol School program in the near future, a survival program to debut idols with school friends. But shortly after Mnet revealed the faces of the 41 female trainees who joined Idol School, there was a netizen posting that referred to one of the participants, Lee Chae-young, as a bully in the past.
Responding to these rumors, representatives of the program said, “We are checking the truth of the rumors. The future of one person is very dependent on this. We must be careful. We will immediately give an official statement.”
Cases of bullying in schools have become a very sensitive issue in South Korea. Previously, there were many survival program participants who stumbled over the problem and finally they had to be expelled or resigned from their survival programs.
Mnet’s Statement Regarding Lee Chae-young’s Bullying Rumors
One trainee named Lee Chae-young was in the spotlight because of having been involved in a bullying case in elementary school. In fact, it was reported that she was transferred to another school because of the case and got sanctioned. Lee Chae-young denied she had been involved in the bullying case by submitting a number of evidence.
Meanwhile, Mnet said that they would investigate before making a decision. Considering that many netizens demanded that Lee Chae-young be expelled from “Idol School”. Finally Mnet released a statement related to these rumors.
“We have confirmed with the source of the participant’s elementary school (Lee Chae-young) that it is not true that she was transferred because she bullied her classmates. She lived in a rural area and she was transferred (to another school) when she moved. The secondary school where she studied too has no record of suspension from school,” Mnet said.
“We are not considering kicking her out based on false rumors and we will be grateful if you refrain from spreading baseless rumors such as unconfirmed claims.”
Idol School is still in the stage of introducing female trainees who are ready to compete. But one trainee, named Lee Chae-young, was in the spotlight because of having been involved in a bullying case in elementary school. She even reportedly was transferred to another school because of the case and was penalized.
Lee Chae-young denied that she had ever been involved in an assault case by submitting some evidence. Meanwhile, Mnet said that they would investigate before making a decision. Considering that many netizens demanded that Lee Chae-young be expelled from “the show, finally Mnet released a statement related to these rumors.
“We have verified with a source at the contestant’s elementary school that it is not true that she was forced to transfer because she was bullying her classmates. She was living in a rural area, and she transfered when she moved residences. The middle school that she attended also does not have any records of her suspension from school.
“We are not considering her withdrawal based on these false matters, and we would be grateful if you refrained from spreading groundless rumors such as claims that have not been confirmed.”
Mnet’s decision was of course responded to negatively by netizens, given cases like this almost always exist in all survival programs. Coupled with the fact that the recapitulation of Lee Chae-young’s bullying case was of course deleted by the school.
“Of course there is no record considering the forced transfer was always deleted by the school two years after graduation,” commented the netters. “Mnet is an idiot. Such records will definitely be deleted after a few years,” added another netizen. “TV programs may indeed have been made for permission to rehabilitate them,” concluded another.