- In SHINee’s 2010 concert tour, he briefly filled in as Jonghyun’s dance replacement.
- He wants to be a producer in the future.
- According to other EXO-M members, he has the greatest difference between his off-stage and on-stage image.
- He said in Star Show 360 that he recently got close with Leo from VIXX.
- He released his autobiography titled Standing Firm at 24 which broke several online book records in September 2015.
- He released his first mini-album titled Lose Control on October 28, 2016.
- He wrote and composed all of the songs on his first mini-album.
- His first mini-album is a huge success. His album peaked at number 1 on the Gaon Album Chart and ranked number 4 on Billboard’s US World Albums chart.
- He is the first Chinese artist to enter the iTunes Top 60.
- He released his first album titled LAY 02 SHEEP on October 7, 2017.
- He also wrote and composed all of the songs on his first album.
- He was appointed by the Communist Youth League of China (CYLC) as a publicity ambassador of Changsa in July 2016. He is the first celebrity to hold this title.
- He was the main contestant on Star Chef in 2014.
- He is regularly cast on the Chinese variety show Go! Fighting from 2015 until now (Season 1-4).
- He is the MC of Idol Producer (Chinese Produce 101).
- He acted in the Chinese drama We the People in 1998 before his debut and before he had even gone to South Korea.
- He acted in several dramas including EXO Next Door in 2014, To Be a Better Man and Mystic Nine in 2016, Operation Love in 2017, and The Golden Eyes in 2018.
- He acted in the movie Kung Fu Yoga in 2017 along with the famous actor Jackie Chan.
- He also acted in several movies including SMTOWN: The Stage, Ex-Files 2: The Backup Strikes Back, and Oh My God in 2015, Go Fighting! The Movie: Royal Treasure and The Mystic Nine Side Story: Flowers Bloom in February in 2016, The Founding of an Army in 2017 and Unexpected Love in 2018.
- He was the Chinese dubber of Jackson Strom in Cars 3.
- He also played in the public welfare movie titled I’m Beside You.
- Madame Tussauds Wax Museum in Beijing made a wax figure of him in modern clothes.
- Madame Tussauds Wax Museum in Shanghai also made a wax figure of him but styled him after the character Er Yue Hong that he played in the drama The Mystic Nine.
- He was ranked fifth on Baidu’s 2014 Top 10 Most Popular Celebrities list in January 2015.
- He ranked 23rd on the CelebrityZ Top 100 Most Valuable Celebrities by Kantar Millward Brown and China’s business magazine CBN Weekly.
- He came in at the 20th place on the 2017 Forbes China Celebrity 100 List with earnings of 120 million yuan.
- He has won a lot of awards such as Best Album of the Year, Best OST, Best Lead Actor, Best Supporting Actor, Best New Actor, Album of the Year, Most Popular Male Artist, Best Producer of the Year, Best All-Rounded Artist, and many more.
- He has a total of 25 awards from music, movies, dramas, and others.
- He won the Terrific Author of the Year from Asia Book Award.
- He won the Outstanding Youth Award and the Esteemed Comradely Youth Award in CCTV Flowers in the May Gala.
- He said he would date himself if he was a girl.
- His ideal type is someone who is cute and filial.
Here is some proof that he has a fit body and abs.
EXO-L’s have been wondering where Chinese member Lay has been lately. Lay hasn’t been actively promoting with EXO since their July 2017 comeback – perhaps even before as SM Entertainment made a statement in June 2017 that he wouldn’t be a part of that comeback. And fans were surprised once again when he was not a part of EXO’s December comeback.
EXO’s Producer Paul Thompson, a.k.a. Marz, mentioned in a recent Instagram livestream that due to political issues between China and Korea it might not be the best time for Lay to be with EXO.
Lay is being kept busy. He is currently a mentor on television show Idol Producer and has appeared numerous times on Go Fighting! Lay is also promoting his solo work including his most recent release, Sheep.
We wish for Lay’s continued good luck!