Let’s Find Out More About Lai Kuan Lin!
Wanna One was a South Korean boy band formed by CJ E&M through the 2017 survival competition show Produce 101 (season 2). The group was composed of eleven members: Kang Daniel, Park Ji-hoon, Lee Dae-hwi, Kim Jae-hwan, Ong Seong-wu, Park Woo-jin, Lai Kuan-lin, Yoon Ji-sung, Hwang Min-hyun, Bae Jin-young, and Ha Sung-woon. The group debuted on August 7th, 2017, under Swing Entertainment and CJ E&M.
Lai Kuan Lin ended PD101 placed on the 7th rank with a total of 905,875 votes, he was the seventh member who was chosen to debut as a member of Wanna One. Wanna One’s contract ended on December 31st, 2018, but their final activity as a group was their last concert held from January 24th through January 27th, 2019. After finishing his activities with Wanna One, Cube Entertainment announced that Lai Kuan Lin will focus on his solo activities in China and that he will debut in a new boy group later in the year. In this article, we are going to talk some more about Lai Kuan Lin’s career after Wanna One’s disbandment, so here we go.
Lai Kuan Lin’s Full Profile and Facts
Stage Name: Kuanlin (관린)
Birth Name: Lai Guan Lin (賴冠霖)
Korean Name: Lai Kuanlin/Lai Kuanlin (라이관린)
English Name: Edward Lai
Position: Lead Rapper, Maknae (in Wanna One)
Date of Birth: September 23rd, 2001
Zodiac Sign: Libra
Height: 183 cm (6’0″)
Weight: 63 kg (139 lbs)
Blood Type: O
Subunit: No. 1
- He was born in Taipei, Taiwan.
- Kuanlin has an older sister (ep.11).
- He lived in America (Los Angeles) for 5 years.
- Kuanlin comes from a wealthy family. His father is a chief technology officer of a well-known technology company in Taiwan.
- He can speak Taiwanese, Standardized Mandarin, Korean and English.
- His name means “rainy season.”
- Kuanlin is close to Pentagon’s Wooseok.
- He moved to Korea before he even graduated from middle school, to pursue his dream.
- Lai was recruited by Cube Entertainment during the Cube Star World Audition in Taiwan in 2016. In 2017, Lai participated in the second season of Produce 101.
- Kuanlin was voted by netizens as the 2nd most beautiful/handsome in Produce 101.
- Kuanlin’s favorite food is hot pot.
- He is also known as the fashionista in WannaOne.
- His legs are 116 cm (45.6 inches) long. (Idol Room)
- His favorite color is pink.
- Kuanlin appeared in King of Masked Singer as a panelist, together with Minhyun in episodes 155 – 156.
- He is close with EXO’s Sehun, he said Sehun never lets him pay when they eat together. (Knowing Brothers)
- Kuanlin appeared in Jeon Soyeon’s “Jelly” music video.
- He said his role model is Pentagon’s Wooseok.
- Kuanlin’s ideal type: someone cute, older than him, with long straight hair.
|2019||A Little Thing Called First Love||Liang Younian||Leading Role|
On January 28th, Cube Entertainment announced, “Lai Kuanlin has been confirmed to appear in the drama and will begin filming. He has been cast as the male lead.”
A Little Thing Called Love will be a remake of the 2010 Thai film First Love, following a story of a romance between youths. The drama will be aired in the third quarter of this year on Hunan TV, Mango TV, and Tencent Video.
|2017||Produce 101 Season 2||Mnet||Contestant|
Becoming Wanna One’s Maknae
Lai Kuan Lin was born on September 23rd, 2001, and he is Wanna One’s Maknae, but that doesn’t mean his behavior is always like the youngest member in Wanna One, although Wanna One members are always baby-ing him. He was mature enough to be the maknae and he got the nickname “Giant Maknae” because of his huge body; he is taller than his hyungs (older brothers).
Lai Kuan Lin’s Duo Project With Woseok from Pentagon
Kuan Lin reached his ultimate fanboy goal! He is a fan of Pentagon’s Woo Seok and finally, on March 11th, 2019, he had the opportunity to debut with him in the same unit, Wooseok x Kuanlin. Lai Kuan Lin and Pentagon’s Wooseok teamed up for their 1st mini-album 9801. The numbers each refer to their birth years; Wooseok was born in ’98, while Lai Kuan Lin was born in ’01.
The tracklist presents five songs in total: “All Sorts of Things” (translated literally), “Hypey” (feat. Jackson Wang), “Always Difficult Always Beautiful,” “Good Feeling,” and “Domino.” The first track is the title song, followed by a song featuring GOT7’s Jackson, as noted. And they released the official music video for their single “I’m A Star” on Monday, March 11th, 2019.
Lai Kuan Lin’s Solo Activity
As we mentioned earlier, after Wanna One disbanded, Cube Entertainment announced that Lai Kuan Lin will focus on establishing his solo career.
Debut in Taiwan
Lai Kuan Lin is to make his acting debut in the Chinese remake of the Thai romantic comedy titled A Little Thing Called First Love and he will be playing the role of Younian Liang. The drama, which is produced by a Chinese distributor, is currently still in the process of filming.
Solo Fan Meeting
Other than focusing on his acting debut in China, Lai Kuan Lin also announced his solo fan meeting (Good Feeling) in Asia. The ‘Good Feeling’ fan meeting was scheduled to take place on April 6th at Seoul’s Olympic Park. Starting from Seoul, Lai Kuan Lin is set to head to Bangkok on April 20th, Singapore on April 30th, Taipei on May 4th, and Hong Kong on May 11th for a 5-city tour.
Lai Kuan Lin was the fifth member of Wanna One to make an Instagram account. He doesn’t post too often on his account but he doesn’t forget to share some moments with his fans, like the one he posted a few days ago. He posted photos of his fan meeting in Singapore.
As mentioned earlier, he just finished his fan meeting in Singapore, a few days ago, so he is now again focused on filming for A Little Thing Called Love. Who’s getting anxious to see his acting? Let’s eagerly wait for it!