Strolling Down Memory Lane of LADIES CODE’s EunB
On the track of Ladies’ Code’s early career, the group sadly had to experience a serious car accident while returning to Seoul after attending the recording of the KBS Open Concert on DGIST for their “Kiss Kiss” promotions on September 3rd, 2014, at around 1:30 am (KST). EunB, unfortunately, had to be one of the two members who passed away. She was pronounced dead when paramedics reached Sungbin Medical Center.
Now, six years have passed, but we haven’t managed to forget her yet. To honor the memory of her death and her life, we have compiled her profile and career journey in this article below. Scroll down to find out all about it!
Stage Name: EunB (은비)
Birth Name: Go Eun-bi (고은비)
Position: Lead Rapper, Vocalist
Birth–Death: November 23rd, 1992–September 3rd, 2014
Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Height: 164 cm (5’5″)
Weight: 44 kg (97 lbs)
Blood Type: AB
- Seoul, South Korea, was her birthplace
- She attended Nuri Preschool, Gadong Elementary School, Munjeong Middle School, and Hanlim Multi Art School
- She had a younger sister who is Zuny’s age (born 1994)
- Lovely Code and Eun Vitamin were nicknames that she often used
- She had an optimistic and bright personality and the ability to give others strength
- She was the mood maker of the group
- She used to share a dorm room with Rise and Ashley
- She used to be an FNC Entertainment trainee with AOA members
- Prior to being a Polaris trainee, she almost debuted with AOA but she thought she wasn’t ready and left FNC
- She had a younger brother-in-law of SBS 8 News’ anchor Kim Sung-joon
- She appeared on SBS Network’s 1000 Song Challenge in episodes 255, 263, and 264
- She, along with the other Ladies Code members, was involved in a severe car accident on September 3rd, 2014, at around 1:30 am (KST) while returning to Seoul after attending the recording of the KBS Open Concert on DGIST for “Kiss Kiss” promotions
- She was pronounced dead when paramedics reached Sungbin Medical Center on the same day of her car accident
- She recorded a duet with Hyun Min-a titled “Remember Me” and was supposed to film a music video for it but was never able to (later Hyun Min-a released a short snippet of the song on Instagram and stated on Twitter that he has been trying to release the full song but can’t)
- It was assumed that the WINNER song titled “Have A Good Day,” written by Mino who attended high school together with EunB, was a tribute to her passing (It was said that the lyrics “I’ll remember our two kisses and the black and rainy day” reflected “KISS KISS” and the fact that it was raining on the night of the accident stated, later Mino said: “It’s a memorial song. I made it a long time ago when a friend of mine left for heaven due to a sudden accident.”)
Prior to debuting in Ladies Code, each of the members had been doing many works. Rise was known to be one of the contestants for Miss Korea 2009, representing Japan. In this beauty event, she won the Korean Abroad Award and she joined KeyEast Entertainment as one of their actresses. Sojung also first appeared on The Voice of Korea, an audition by Mnet. Ashley was previously one of the dancers who often uploaded videos to YouTube, and Zuny was a BigHit Entertainment trainee.
Meanwhile, EunB used to be an FNC Entertainment trainee and trained along with AOA members. She even almost debuted with AOA but she thought she wasn’t ready and left FNC. It seemed like they still connected and maintained their relationship even though she left FNC. Chanmi and Mina, two of AOA’s members celebrated EunB’s anniversary in 2015 and said that she was originally part of AOA’s line-up.
She then joined Polaris Entertainment and was first introduced to the public when Ladies Code debuted.
“EunB was an original member of AOA and was with the members nearly till debut. However, she decided that she was lacking for debut and left the team. She was a trainee in a different company for a while and debuted as a member of Ladies Code. They stayed close even after they debuted in different teams. EunB-ya, Happy birthday ♡,” wrote Mina in the caption.
“This picture is of LADIES’ CODE’s EunB unnie, not me. Today is her birthday and she is in heaven. I miss her..” wrote Chanmi.
Debut With Ladies Code
Ladies Code began recording their debut album in 2012. The group’s original line-up consisted of leader Ashley and members RiSe, EunB, and Zuny. But, on February 20th, 2013, Sojung confirmed that she would be joining a new girl group formed by Polaris Entertainment and that they would debut the following month.
Their debut promotion started on February 25th, 2013, with the release of the teaser video for RiSe, followed by Sojung on the 26th, EunB on the 27th, Zuny on the 28th, and Asley on the 1st of March. On March 4th, 2013, they released the group teaser for their music video.
The group debuted on March 7th, 2013, with a song mini-album, Code #01 Bad Girl, and the lead track titled “Bad Girl” with the music video. The day after their debut, their song charted well on real-time music charts including Bugs, Soribada, Mnet, Daum, and eventually peaked at number 34 on the Gaon Digital Chart. This debut was considered quite a success coming from a small company girl group, as it made 34th place in the position on the Digital Gaon chart.
The song was praised for its strong music and vocal. The group performed their debut song on Mnet’s M! Countdown on the same day as the release.
During the same year, their first digital single “Hate You” was released on August 6th, 2013, serving as a pre-release for their upcoming second mini-album. The group’s comeback was originally set for July 25th, 2013, but Zuny suffered an unexpected leg injury that pushed them back to August.
The song also got a satisfying result as it debuted high on real-time charts, leading to the group reaching their first number one on Bugs Music and entering the top 10 on four other music charts. They had quite a busy debut year as not long after, Ladies Code announced their comeback on August 21st, 2013, with their second mini-album Code #02 Pretty Pretty, which was released on September 5th, 2013.