Learn More About Kim So-eun’s Romance With Her Virtual Husband
Kim So-eun and Song Jae-rim were the on-screen couple most notable from their appearance on the variety show We Got Married from 2014 to 2015. They have garnered attention through the show due to their sweet chemistry and intimated skinship. Fans named the couple as “LTE couple” since they were pretty fast with their physical intimacy even during the earlier episodes of their “married” life. Fans could not forget their sweet kisses and hugs on the show and really hoped that they would become a couple in real life as well. Because of their relationship and their physical intimacy, it looked like they were something more than just friends.
Due to the couple’s immense popularity, it is no surprise that people were dying to see them together again. In 2016, after more than a year, the sweet couple reunited in an SBS drama, Our Gap-soon. The drama Our Gap-soon started airing in the summer of 2016 and marked the reunion of the LTE Couple. And due to the couple’s immense popularity, the drama got extended by 11 episodes at the end. The drama also marked the We Got Married couple’s first time to play a role together in the drama after completing their run in the variety show.
In this article, Channel-Korea will provide you with a detailed rundown of a K-Drama throwback: Kim So-eun and her romance with her virtual husband continue on Our Gap-soon. So, stay tuned!
Our Gap-soon is a South Korean television series aired on SBS every Saturday and Sunday at 20:45 (KST) from August 27th to October 30th, 2016, and then 2 episodes every Saturday from November 5th, 2016, to April 8th, 2017. The drama was played by the phenomenal We Got Married couple, Kim So-eun and Song Jae-rim. The drama was originally planned to air for 50 episodes, but due to the couple’s immense popularity, the drama was extended by 11 episodes.
Our Gap-soon is a drama depicting a comic relationship that both honors and parodies couples across the marital spectrum. It positively portrays various kinds of marriage forms between the characters: a normal marriage, divorced couples, remarried couples, common-law marriage, and cohabitation couples.
The drama tells the story of Heo Gap-dol who has graduated from college but he finds it difficult to get a job. He has been trying to pass the civil service exam for three years, but without much success. Meanwhile, Shin Gap-soon is his long-time girlfriend who has been supporting Heo Gap-dol for years through part-time jobs. She hopes that he will pass the civil service exams and he will finally propose to her. Despite their desire to eventually tie the knot, the lovebirds’ feelings start getting confused when they see all kinds of other couples around them: a couple that remained in touch after divorce, one that gets remarried, one that lives together, and one that is married only in the eyes of the law.
Being in several situations where people have varied opinions of the institution, including family members Shin Se-gye, Gap-soon’s elder brother and Heo Da-hae, Gap-dol’s elder sister, the young couple really does not know what they really want. With all these relationships and their diverse opinions regarding this age-old institution, Heo Gap-dol and Shin Gap-soon are trying to be eager to walk down the aisle and try to end their journey with a happily ever after.
- Kim So-eun as Shin Gap-soon (29-year-old)
Shin Gap-soon is a 29-year-old woman who continues to fail the civil servant examination despite her best efforts. She has a longtime boyfriend, Heo Gap-dol who also has been trying to pass the civil service exam for years. She always supports him by doing several part-time jobs in the hope of him finally passing the exam and proposing to her. In the meantime, her character is barely able to make a living by working as a temp.
- Song Jae-rim as Heo Gap-dol (29-year-old)
Heo Gap-dol is an unemployed college graduate who has been trying to pass the civil service exam for years. His longtime girlfriend Shin Gap-soon, who he has been together with for 10 years and he are both jobless at the moment. In the midst of a job shortage, Heo Gap-dol gives up not only love, marriage, childbirth, but also houses, relationships, and dreams and hopes.
Shin Gap-soon’s family
- Jang Yong as Shin Joong-nyeon (63-year-old, Gap-soon’s father)
- Go Doo-shim as In Nae-shim (63-year-old, Gap-soon’s mother)
- Lee Mi-young as Shin Mal-nyeon (Joong-nyeon’s younger sister)
Heo Gap-dol’s family
- Lee Bo-hee as Nam Gi-ja (58-year-old, Gap-dol’s mother)
- Kim Gyu-ri as Heo Da-hae (36-year-old, Gap-dol’s elder sister)
Shin Jae-soon’s family
- Yoo Sun as Shin Jae-soon (39-year-old, Gap-soon’s elder sister)
- Choi Dae-chul as Jo Geum-sik (42-year-old, Jae-soon’s husband)
- Yang Jeong-won as Jo Ah-young (36-year-old, Geum-sik’s younger sister)
- Park Seo-yeon as Jo Cho-rong (Geum-sik and Da-hae’s elder daughter)
- Seo Ga-eun as child Cho-rong (Cameo, episode 7)
- Uhm Seo-hyun as Jo Da-rong (Geum-sik and Da-hae’s younger daughter)
- Lee Seung-woo as Jeon Ddol (Jae-soon and Se-bang’s son)
Shin Se-gye’s family
- Lee Wan as Shin Se-gye (32-year-old, Gap-soon’s elder brother)
- Jang Da-yoon as Yeo Gong-joo (24-year-old, Se-gye’s wife)
- Kim Hye-sun as Yeo Shi-nae (49-year-old, Gong-joo’s mother)
- Jeon Gook-hwan as Yeo Bong (70-year-old, Shi-nae’s father)
Geum Do-geum’s family
- Lee Byung-joon as Geum Do-geum (58-year-old)
- Ji Chan as young Do-geum
- Seo Kang-seok as Geum Soo-jo (27-year-old)
- Yoo Se-rye as Jung Man-joo (Se-gye’s colleague and former schoolmate)
- Cha Gwang-soo as Bong Sam-sik (Do-geum’s best friend)
- Han Do-woo as Choi Ha-soo
- Jung Chan as Jeon Se-bang (Jae-soon’s former husband and Ddol’s biological father)
- Lee Ye-young as Shalala
- Go Young-min as Bae Dal-tong (Gap-dol’s best friend)
- Won Jong-rye as Nae-shim’s friend
- Kim Ik-tae as a real estate agent
- Ah Young as Kim Young-ran (Gap-dol’s colleague)
- Kim Jeong-hwan as Go Dal-pa
- Seo Yoo-jeong as Ban Ji-ah
- Lee Seung-joon as the snooper
- Kim Jong-ho as the convenience store owner
As the leads Gab-soon and Gap-dol, Kim So-eun and Song Jae-rim, brought their chemistry directly from We Got Married to the drama Our Gap-soon, they gave the viewers a sweet romance to shrill over. The chemistry of both actors in the drama is indeed at a very extraordinary level, and it made the viewers think that their relationship was real.
Becoming lovers in the drama, Gab-dol and Gap-soon express their unchanging affection toward each other. Although from episodes one to four, the viewers were feeling sorry toward Gab-soon and Gap-dol, where they look miserable and pessimistic and argue all the time, in subsequent episodes, they show so many romantic scenes and their chemistry is simply undeniable.
In episode 18 of Our Gap-soon, Heo Gap-dol and Shin Gap-soon share a super hot kiss and confirm their love for each other after having a sweet date.
In episode 20, the couple shows another sweet kiss scene. Heo Gap-dol suddenly kisses Shin Gap-soon passionately and he suggests to go on a trip together.