The Cool South Korean Rapper After Being Dismissed In Produce 101
Sang-gyun is a rapper with a unique style and voice. He tried to grab some opportunities to make his dream come true in the South Korean entertainment industry. His difficult journey paid off as he got to debut in a boy group and then joined a duo called JBJ95.
Sang-gyun has a hardworking vibe and good looking appearance. He participated in Produce 101 Season 2 yet became famous after failing to reach the final line.
Let’s check out Sanggyun’s career journey in this Channel-Korea article below. Stay tuned and keep reading!
Full Profile of Sanggyun
Stage Name: Sanggyun (상균)
Birth Name: Kim Sanggyun (김상균)
Position: Main Rapper, Vocalist, Maknae
Birthday: May 23rd, 1995
Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Blood Type: O
Height: 178 cm (5’10”)
Weight: 65 kg (143 lbs)
Facts about Sanggyun
– Sanggyun has a younger brother.
– He studied at Gwangdeok High School and graduated in 2014.
– Sanggyun was a former trainee of Big Hit Entertainment and was supposed to debut in a group with RM from BTS but it was canceled.
– Sanggyun debuted with Xeno-T (Topp Dogg) in 2013 with the stage name A-Tom.
– He was a backup dancer for EvoL before debuting.
– He likes to listen to music and play soccer.
– Sanggyun writes his owns rap.
– If he wasn’t a singer he would have a fashion career.
– His charming point is his smile.
– He is afraid of cats.
– Sanggyun appeared on SMTM5 (Show Me The Money 5).
– He joined Produce 101 but was eliminated in Episode 10 and got ranked 26th.
– He joined the fan project group JBJ because it was requested by fans after Produce 101.
– He doesn’t like organizing based on Keep Your Eyes On Us JBJ.
– Sanggyun is allergic to cats, which was readily displayed when he met Yongguk’s cats.
– He has the best body in JBJ according to the members.
– When he finished promotions with JBJ, he left Xeno-T (Topp Dogg) and joined JBJ95.
– Sanggyun and Kenta act in the web drama titled Barefoot Diva.
– He prefers to play games when Kenta is doing the chores.
– Kenta said that he feels like Sanggyun is his son since he is the one who takes care of everything.
– He appeared in Elris‘s “Farewell”.
Sanggyun Debut Story
Kim Sanggyun debuted as a member of ToppDog, a boy group that was launched in 2013. He used the stage name A-Tom. Later on, Kim Sanggyun went on a hiatus from ToppDog in 2017 and joined Produce 101 Season 2. Even though he only managed to rank 26th, many fans persuaded him to debut again and join the project group JBJ.
In February 2018, ToppDog changed their name to Xeno-T having five other members. In fact, Kim Sang-gyun was not included in them, some fans assumed that he didn’t continue to be part of the Xeno-T group.
Later, Kim Sang-gyun and Takeda Kenta collaborated as former trainees of Produce 101 Season 2. They were supposed to debut as Wanna One members if they had won the survival show. They couldn’t make it to the final line but they obtained a huge fanbase after their appearance. They joined JBJ and then transformed themselves into JBJ95 since they were both born in 1995.
Kim Sang-gyun and Takeda Kenta debuted on October 30th, 2018, as JBJ95 with their mini-album Home.
That’s all about Kim Sang-gyun who was first active as a member of group ToppDogg, then after undergoing various changes, joined JBJ95. Keep supporting them all the way and the future ahead. Don’t forget to drop your comment and share your thoughts in the section below!