Who is Kim Jung-eun?
Kim Jung-eun is a South Korean actress and born in 1976. She started her career in the entertainment industry in 1995. She is best known for her roles in the film Marrying the Mafia (2002) and the television series Lovers in Paris (2004), I Am Legend (2010), and Make a Woman Cry (2015). From Make a Woman Cry, she won Serial Drama category for Actress and Top Excellence at the 2015 MBC Drama Awards. In 2008, Kim also hosted her own music talk show, Kim Jung-eun’s Chocolate, on SBS.
Kim is also known for her talents, not only acting but also playing a couple of musical instruments such as the flute and the piano. The All About Eve actress got married to a non-celebrity in 2016, and held the wedding in United States and Seoul, South Korea.
Profile of Kim Jung-eun
- Name: 김정은 / Kim Jung Eun (Kim Jeong Eun)
- Profession: Actress, MC
- Birthdate: 1976-Mar-04 (age 41)
- Birthplace: Seoul, South Korea
- Height: 170cm
- Weight: 48kg
- Star sign: Pisces
- Blood type: O
- Education: Gungook University (Industrial Art)
- Religion: Christian
- Family: One younger sister
- Talent agency: Huayi Brothers Entertainment
Kim Jung-eun’s Filmography
Kim has played in various dramas and movies throughout her career. She debuted in a supporting role in the movie My Old Sweetheart in 1995. Kim has also achieved many awards and nominations because of her acting roles. If you want to know more about what dramas and movies Kim Jung-eun has stared in, don’t go anywhere! We will give you the full list of Kim Jung-eun’s best dramas and movies!
- Mr. Go (2013, cameo)
- Le Grand Chef 2: Kimchi Battle (2010)
- Forever the Moment (2008)
- Mission Sex Control (2006)
- Blossom Again (2005)
- How to Keep My Love (2004)
- Mr. Butterfly (2003)
- Spring Breeze (2003)
- Desire (2002)
- Fun Movie (2002)
- Marrying the Mafia (2002)
- My Old Sweetheart (1995)
- Duel (OCN, 2017)
- Make a Woman Cry (MBC, 2015)
- Ohlala Couple (KBS2, 2012)
- Korean Peninsula (TV Chosun, 2012)
- I Am Legend (SBS, 2010)
- General Hospital 2 (MBC, 2008)
- On Air (SBS, 2008, cameo)
- Lovers (SBS, 2006)
- Princess Lulu (SBS, 2005)
- Three Leaf Clover (SBS, 2005)
- Lovers in Paris (SBS, 2004)
- Father and Son (SBS, 2001)
- Wolf Hunting (MBC, 2001)
- Ladies of the Palace (SBS, 2001)
- 여인천하 (SBS, 2001)
- Rookie (SBS, 2000)
- Air Force (MBC, 2000)
- Medical Center (SBS, 2000, cameo)
- All About Eve (MBC, 2000)
- Because of You (MBC, 2000)
- Days of Delight (MBC, 1999)
- Should My Tears Show (MBC, 1999)
- March (SBS, 1999)
- Sunflower (MBC, 1998)
- MBC Best Theater “그와 함께 타이타닉을 보다” (MBC, 1998)
- 6.25 Drama “이방인” (MBC, 1998)
- MBC Best Theater “오월의 사랑” (MBC, 1998)
- 사랑을 위하여 (MBC, 1998)
- Revenge and Passion (MBC, 1997)
- Yesterday (MBC, 1997)
- Star in My Heart (MBC, 1997)
- 2015 MBC Drama Awards: Top Excellence, Serial Drama – Actress (Make a Woman Cry)
- 2010 SBS Drama Awards: Top Excellence Award, Special Planning Drama – Actress (I Am Legend)
- 2006 SBS Drama Awards: Top Ten Stars Award (Lovers)
- 2006 SBS Drama Awards: PD Award (Lovers)
- 2005 Asian Television Awards: Best Drama Performance by an Actress (Lovers in Paris)
- 2005 32nd Korea Broadcasting Prizes: Actress of the Year (Lovers in Paris)
- 2005 41st Baeksang Arts Awards: Best TV Actress Award (Lovers in Paris)
- 2004 SBS Drama Awards: Grand Prize/Daesang (Lovers in Paris)
- 2004 Grimae Awards: Best Actress (Lovers in Paris)
- 2002 23rd Blue Dragon Film Awards: Popularity Award
- 2001 2nd Ae-Gyun Cultural Arts Awards
- 1997 18th Blue Dragon Film Awards: Popularity Award
Kim Jung-eun’s Wedding
In 2016, Kim Jung Eun married her fiancee after almost three years together. At first, it was announced that the wedding would be held in United States in March 2016, but it turns out the newlyweds said their vows this past weekend in the heart of Seoul.
On April 29, the couple had a small, private ceremony in a restaurant among their family and closest friends. Although it wasn’t a grand affair, the traditional setting and elegant decor made for a gorgeous venue. However, the beauty of the scenery was no match to that of the lovely bride, which can be seen in the pictures of the wedding below.
Kim Jung-eun intends to continue her acting career and has stated the following to her fans regarding their support: “Today we were married under the April sun with the sky and weather giving us their blessing. Thank you to everyone who extended their congratulations, and I will strive to live as a wise and gracious wife and actress”. It proves that she is dedicated to her acting career.
Prior to her wedding, on the SBS Plus show “Stargram”, she appeared on the segment called “Star Pouch,” in which stars reveal the contents of their pouch and share their beauty tips with the audience.
She talked about how her husband proposed to her in a very sweet way.
She revealed, “We met about three, four years ago. He was so passionate that he asked to get married within a month of us meeting. But at the time, I wasn’t ready, so we didn’t get married. Then time passed and when it came around to getting married, my husband hadn’t proposed.”
She continues, “His father had passed away the previous year and one day, he said that he needed to tell his father that he’s getting married, and so he asked me to go to his father’s grave with him. There, he said, ‘Father, we’re getting married,’ and proposed to me. Since it was a grave, I wasn’t wearing a dress or anything and I was just wearing exercise clothes with no make up on. He told me that he wanted to propose in front of his dad and had even prepared a ring. I cried immediately,” sharing her emotional reaction to a sweet surprise from her husband.
We, along with all of Kim Jung Eun’s fans, wish her and her husband a lifetime of happiness together, and hope to see more amazing work from her in the future.
She looks really beautiful in her gown, don’t you agree? Share your thoughts and congratulate the newlywed couple!