Girls’ Generation’s Dancing Machine, Kim Hyoyeon
Girls’ Generation or SNSD is a well known K-pop girl group. Every single K-pop fan knows them from all their hits. SNSD is not only popular as a group but also individually since all of them are very unique and talented. Hyoyeon is SNSD’s main dancer. She has been guesting in various dance programs such as MBC’s Dancing with the Stars 2, Mnet’s Dancing 9 and Hit the Stage. Now, we want to give you other fascinating facts about Hyoyeon and go over her profile so you can get to know her more. Let’s check it out!
- Full Profile of Miss A Members (Names, Age, Height, Weight and Etc)
- BTS Members’ Profile (Names, Birthdays, Religion, Height etc) and Facts
- TWICE Tzuyu Profile (Height, Weight, Birthday and Nationality) and Fun Facts
SNSD’s Hyoyeon’s Profile
Real Name: Kim Hyoyeon (김효연)
Stage Name: Hyoyeon
Birthday: September 22nd, 1989
Birth Place: Incheon
Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Height / Weight: 158 cm / 46 kg
Blood Type: AB
Shoe Size: 225 – 230 cm
Family: parents and one younger brother
Position: main dancer, sub vocal, rapper
Specialty: dance, Chinese
SNS: Instagram watasiwahyo , homepage http://hyoyeon.smtown.com/Intro
Interesting Facts About SNSD’s Hyoyeon
- Hyoyeon attended Winners Dance School in 1999. The school is famous for its specialization in popping, locking, and other hip-hop dances.
- Hyoyeon auditioned for SM Entertainment through the SM 2000 Casting System at the age of 11.
- Hyoyeon debuted as BoA’s silhouette dancer during the 2005 Mnet Km Music Festival Awards.
- Hyoyeon’s Chinese name is 孝渊 (Xiàoyuān).
- In 2004, Hyoyeon and Siwon went to China to learn Chinese and more about Chinese culture.
- According to the other members, Hyoyeon is the mood maker and the funniest member of the group.
- Hyoyeon actively uses both her left and right hands.
- Hyoyeon is one of the best runners in SNSD besides Sunny and Tiffany.
- Hyoyeon is athletic- she was a recurring guest on KBS2’s Let’s Go! Dream Team in 2010.
- Hyoyeon is close to Miss A’s Min, 2PM’s Junsu, and KARA’s Nicole and Gyuri.
- Hyoyeon often hits people and tells secrets when she is drunk.
- She collects colorful and cute stickers and stationery.
- Hyoyeon is a good cook, and she wakes up early so she used to cook breakfast for other SNSD member.
- Hyoyeon loves cleanliness and hygiene. She also finds laundry comforting.
- Hyoyeon has a total of 14 piercings on her ears and navel.
- She received dance instructions from Electric Boogaloos and other top choreographers such as Beat Burger’s Shim Jae Won, Kim Hye Rang, and Poppin DS.
SNSD’s Hyoyeon’s Hairstyles
1. Hyoyeon and Bangs
Hyoyeon used to have various bangs. Her most notable bangs are during the “Oh!”, “Genie”, and “Visual Dreams” era. But, most people like her bangs during the “Genie” era.
2. Hyoyeon’s Colorful Hairstyle
During the “I Got a Boy” era, Hyoyeon came out with a unicorn (colorful) hairstyle. It’s so stunning and suits her pretty face very well.
3. Hyoyeon’s Short Hair
Hyoyeon cut her hair really short for the first time for SNSD’s comeback in 2015. It’s amazing she suits short hair, too.
4. Hyoyeon’s Long and Wavy Hair
After looking at all of Hyoyeon’s hairstyles, we think that Hyoyeon’s best hairstyle is her long, wavy hair. Don’t you think so? Here, we present you with another picture of Hyoyeon’s long, wavy hair.
So, which of Hyoyeon’s hairstyles do you like the most?
SNSD’s Hyoyeon’s Tongue Piercing
Some celebrities like to have many piercings on their bodies, whether on their ears, navel, or even their tongue. Hyoyeon is one of those celebrities. She has a total of 14 piercings on her ears and navel. From the picture above, we can see her wearing various beautiful and unique earrings that compliment her ears well. At some events, we can also see her piercing on her belly button. But, the rumor of her having a piercing on her tongue is a false rumor. Until now, there is no proof of it.
SNSD’s Hyoyeon’s Boyfriend
Since 2013, there was a rumor regarding Hyoyeon’s boyfriend. Hyoyeon was spotted by the Hong Kong media outlet Apple Daily while walking on the street with Tyler Kwon (he was Gillian Chung’s boyfriend, but now he is Jessica’s boyfriend) and Jay Joonhyung Kim. After that, people started gossiping about Hyoyeon potentially dating Jay Joonhyung Kim, an author, brand marketing CEO, and a mentor for high schools and teens going through a rebellious stage. Hyoyeon went to Thailand and, coincidentally, Jay Joonhyung Kim also went to Thailand at the same time. He even posted a photo of him and his friends which included Hyoyeon.
There were many clues about their relationship, but it was not confirmed until April 2014 when there was a rumor about a girl group member that had been reported to police by a man for violence, and that man turned out to be her ex-boyfriend. On April 10th, 2014, Jay Joonhyung Kim clarified the incident through Star Today. He defended Hyoyeon by saying that it was just an April Fools’ prank, and he was scared Hyoyeon might fall down from the balcony if she lost her footing, and she accidentally hit him when he tried to stop her. So, he called the police to prevent her from falling down. Sadly, it was misreported that he reported Hyoyeon for violence.
Jay Joonhyung Kim also stated that both of them decided to remain as an older brother and younger sister even before that accident happened. He even complimented her by saying Hyoyeon is the nicest, most honest, and most positive person he had ever met. But, a few months after that, people could still see that some of their posts were related to each other, and thus the debate of them still being in relationship emerged. As for now, no one knows whether they are still in a relationship or not, but we always hope for the best, right?
Hyoyeon is a truly nice, humorous, and attractive girl. It is no wonder she is always loved by her fans, colleagues, and she even attracted an ideal man others can only dream about. Now, you can see her other cool side too, right? ^^