Handsome Actor Kim Bum’s Love Life
On March 06, 2013, when Kim Bum appeared on SBS’s One Night of TV Entertainment, he was asked about his ideal type, and he answered, “I like cute girls who express a lot of aegyo. I think it’s also important for her to understand me,” as reported by Soompi.
Kim Bum’s Recent Girlfriend
On March 2018, Kim Bum surprised fans by revealing he is dating Oh Yeon Seo. There is a report that Kim Bum and Oh Yeon Seo became close quickly after meeting at a gathering of close mutual friends. They became friends and naturally progressed to a romantic relationship soon after they met. It was love at first sight. They have feelings for each other and are getting to know each other more. It did not take long for the dating rumor to be quickly confirmed by both Kim Bum and Oh Yeon Seo’s agency representatives.
A source from Oh Yeon Seo’s entertainment agency, Celltrion Entertainment, clarified after tvN’s A Korean Odyssey ended at the beginning of March that they met earlier and started dating shortly after. And, a source from Kim Bum’s entertainment agency, Starship Entertainment, stated in its rather succinct response that they are in the beginning stages of their relationship.
An associate of Kim Bum said, “I only found out recently that the two were in a relationship. I heard that they became close very quickly because they had many things in common and really understood each other.” And, an associate of Oh Yeon Seo said, “Oh Yeon Seo is well known among the people around her for being lovely, but I think she became twice as lovely since meeting Kim Bum,” as reported by Koreaboo.
Now, we are going to look at interesting facts of Kim Bum’s recent girlfriend Oh Yeon Seo.
1. They are two years apart in age, and Oh Yeon Seo is his noona, a Korean term used by males to address females older than them. Oh Yeon Seo was born on June 22, 1987, and Kim Bum was born on July 7, 1989.
2. Both have stage names. Kim Bum was born with the name Kim Sang Bum (김상범), and Oh Yeon Seo was born with the name Oh Haet Nim (오햇님), meaning “One by one like the flow of water.” Oh Yeon Seo said that after changing her name, she became more feminine, “I used to be quick-tempered, but now I feel more composed,” she explained.
3. Oh Yeon Seo is called Little Kim Hee Sun because she is said to resemble actress Kim Hee Sun.
4. They are such an attractive couple. Kim Bum is 181 cm tall, and Oh Yeon Seo is 170 cm tall.
5. Oh Yeon Seo apparently tried to become an idol by auditioning for SM Entertainment in Daegu, but unfortunately, she failed. Then, she finally made her debut at the age of 15 as a member of trio female group LUV in 2002. But, LUV did not last long although the group was popular and had a large fanbase. The group LUV quickly split in 2003 after one year of mild success to pursue personal goals.
Kim Bum’s Ex-Girlfriends
- The First Kiss Girlfriend
On January 14, 2013, he revealed at the event for his film Psychometry that he had a girlfriend at the age of 19. And, he had his first kiss when he was 19 in front of his girlfriend’s house.
2. Moon Geun Young
It is known that Kim Bum and Moon Geun Young were falling in love on set. On November 1, 2013, both representatives of Moon Geun Young and Kim Bum’s agencies talked to the media and stated that they were dating. They started to develop feelings while filming MBC’s Goddess of Fire, Jung-Yi. They started dating at the beginning of October 2013 when Kim Bum was 24 years old and Moon Geun Young was 26 years old.
Kim Bum and Moon Geun Young were spotted vacationing in Europe together after the end of their drama. They arrived in Prague on October 31, 2013, and they enjoyed the city together. A certain passerby stated, “I saw them feeding each other food at a street vendor. They looked very good together,” as reported by Soompi. They were seen holding hands as they walked through Wenceslas Square on November 3, 2013.
According to Dispatch, they planned a month-long trip in Europe that started in Prague followed by traveling to other countries in Eastern and Western Europe. Their last destination was England. The lovebirds enjoyed their downtime and romantic sightseeing adventures together and returned from their trip on November 25, 2013.
Sadly, after a seven-month relationship, they split up according to an entertainment official on May 15, 2014. Kim Bum’s past agency, King Kong Entertainment, confirmed that they ended their seven-month relationship on good terms and agreed to stay friends as they focus on their respective careers, as reported by Chosun.
There was a fake rumor after they broke up about Moon Geun Young having gotten pregnant with her former boyfriend Kim Bum. This rumor went viral and scared netizens. It was later revealed to have been started by a fan who was addicted to the couple and was deluded with them not being separated forever. Because of this, the representative of Moon Geun Young’s agency intervened. They reiterated that this wrong information had aroused serious complaints and confusion among her fans. The rumor greatly affected the actress, fans, and others involved, as reported by Localpulse. The rumor made her uncomfortable. When she heard the rumor, the first person in her mind was her mother. She didn’t want her mother to be disappointed, as reported by Sindonews through One Channel.