SPICA Disbandment and Future Activity
After a 5-year career, SPICA was declared disbanded by CJ E&M Entertainment in 2017, after their debut in 2012. Of course, this news had surprised the public, including SPICA’s fans. Previously, SPICA was on hiatus for 2 years then they made a comeback in 2016, after that in 2017, CJ E&M Entertainment issued a statement that said SPICA was declared disbanded. SPICA doesn’t feel successful at CJ E&M Entertainment. One SPICA member, Kim Bohyoung, wrote a message on paper and shared it on her personal Instagram account. It started off by apologizing for how shocked everyone must have been when they suddenly found out about SPICA’s reported disbandment over the news and explained that they wanted to clarify how this decision was made.
Reporting from Soompi, “After much consideration about the direction we wanted to go from now on, we decided to focus on our individual activities for now and were discussing with our current agency about canceling our contracts. As for the current situation, we can’t tell you exactly when SPICA will be together as five again, but we want to tell you that this is absolutely going to happen! This is not the end for us.”
The girl group asked that everyone supports all the members in their respective activities, and reiterated that the memories they made with their fans made them extremely happy and inexplicably thankful. Promising fans that the group will always be there for them, whether they’re together or apart, the group signed off one more time as SPICA. Well, we hope SPICA will be back soon, good luck to all the SPICA members!
Kim Boa’s Discography
Since their debut in 2012, SPICA has produced a lot of songs that bring them to be a girl group that is quite famous for its vocals. For some of the songs on their albums, Kim Boa even wrote her own songs.
1. For the mini-album, Russian Roulette which was released on February 8th, 2012, and placed 46th on the Korean Chart.
2. For the album, Lonely which was released on November 21st, 2012, and placed 8th on the Korean Chart.
3. For the single “Doggedly” that was released in 2012 and placed 50th on the Korean Chart and 57th on the K-Pop Billboard with a digital download of 204,391 copies.
4. For the single “Painkiller’ that was released in 2012 and placed 60th on the Korean Chart and 65th on the K-Pop Billboard with 120,494 digital downloads.
5. For the single “I’ll Be There” that was released in 2012 and ranked 42nd on the Korean Chart and 45th on the K-Pop Billboard with a digital download of 344,634 copies.
6. For the single “Tonight” that was released in 2013 and placed 10th on the Korean Chart and 9th place on the K-Pop Billboard with a digital download of 355,134 copies.
7. For the single “You Don’t Love Me” that was released in 2014 and placed 16th on the Korean Chart and 19th on the K-Pop Billboard with a digital download of 381,912 copies.
8. For the single “Ghost” that was released in 2014 and placed 59th on the Korean Chart with 33,391 digital downloads.
9. For the single “Secret Time” which was released in 2016 and placed 117th on the Korean Chart with 15,349 digital downloads.
10. For a soundtrack, SPICA sang “Your Dance” which was released in 2013 for the OST of Dancin 9.
11. For a soundtrack, SPICA sang “A Witch’s Diary” which was released in 2014 for A Witch’s Love OST.
12. For a soundtrack, SPICA sang “Because of You” released in 2014 for the OST of Super Daddy Yeol.
Kim Boa’s Filmography
Kim Boa has starred in a TV show titled King of Mask Singer. Kim Boa felt very happy and proud to be able to perform to show her vocal abilities at the event. During her appearance in King of Mask Singer, Kim Boa was nicknamed Female K.Will. Check this out!
Kim Boa’s Instagram
If you want to know more about Kim Boa’s activity, you can follow her Instagram Account @tomboaaa.
Kim Boa’s Latest News
Kim Boa is currently focusing on her individual activities and enjoys her time together with her family and friends. Nevertheless, Kim Boa still practices her vocal skills very well. In 2016, Kim Boa sang a song titled “Comeback Home” and her performance immediately won praise from many people.