Get to Know KARD’s BM
Everyone surely knows the popular group formed by DPS Media, namely KARD. Since their debut, this group can be said to be a successful group. However, in this article, Channel-Korea will not talk about the group as a whole, but one of the members, namely BM.
If you feel curious, keep on reading everyone!
KARD BM’s Full Profile
Name: Kim Jin-seok (김진석)/Kim Woo Jin (김우진)
English Name: Matthew Kim
Stage Name: BM (비엠)
Other Name: Big Matthew
Birthday: October 2nd, 1992
Birthplace: Los Angeles, California, United States
Height: 186 cm (6ft 1in)
Weight: 84 kg (185 lb)
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Blood Type: A
Years Active: 2011–Present
Agency: DSP Media
Group: KARD (2016–Present)
Occupation: Singer, Composer, Songwriter, Rapper, Producer
SoundCloud: Big Matthew
Facts about KARD BM
- BM lives with his parents and his two younger brothers.
- He has lived with his father in Brazil for some period of time.
- He is fluent in English and Korean. But he also can speak Spanish, Brazilian, and Portuguese.
- BM stands for Big Matthew.
- In 2011, he went to Korea.
- He was a trainee for four and a half years.
- BM was a participant in K-Pop Star.
- His mother is a clothes designer, so no wonder he looks so fashionable.
- BM has two tattoos with the lettering “LA 92” which means Los Angeles, his hometown, and his birth year. And the other one reads a quote from Frederick Douglas, saying, “For without struggle, there’s no progress.”
- BM likes to listen to Monsta X‘s songs.
- Besides Monsta X, BM has some other favorite singers as well, they are Day6, Jessi, Super Junior, J.Cole, and CL.
- He likes taking pictures and exercising.
- The thing that he always brings everywhere is lip balm.
- BM has appeared in some music videos, such as in “Sunshine” by Rainbow, “Mamma Mia” by KARA, “Choco Chip Cookies” by Goo Hara, and “I’m On My Way” by ZSUN.
- He and J.Sep were supposed to debut as a hip-hop duo.
Pre-debut Story: Family Support And Safeguard From BoA
Before he debuted with KARD, that is when he was in college, he performed in a dance competition that took place in California, namely “World of Dance”, and it was the day that his mother saw him dance for the first time. Then, his mother signed him up to audition for K-Pop Star in LA, and he did it and passed the audition.
Then, he went to Korea in 2011, and after that, he had to go through three auditions for the K-Pop Star television audition. Luckily, BM was saved by BoA 3 times, so he could appear on television. Although he only appeared on TV just once, he is very grateful to BoA and his mother who have saved and supported him to enter the music industry.
Debut With KARD
After trying to start his career through some competition, then in 2016, BM debuted with his group KARD. The group was formed by DSP Media and consists of 2 boys and 2 girls. At first, BM was supposed to debut together with J.Sep in a duo, but then they debuted together with KARD.
Before debuting, KARD released their pre-debuted single titled “Oh NaNa” featuring the hidden member, Heo Young Ji, on December 13th, 2016. Then, BM and KARD officially debuted on July 19th, 2017, with the release of an EP titled Hola Hola. On the same day as the EP’s release, they also made their stage debut on the television station Mnet in the music program M! Countdown. So, here is the video performance of BM and his group of their stage debut in M! Countdown!
Even though they had just debuted, this group was able to make their first world tour under the name Wild Kard Tour which was held in various cities in Europe and America, such as London, Lisbon, Milan, Madrid, Rotterdam, Minneapolis, Washington D.C, Miami, and San Francisco. His group’s debut with the release of Hola Hola received rave reviews from fans all over the world, on the world music charts they got 3rd place, and in Korea, they got 2nd place!
That’s the story of KARD’s BM who got a lot of support to make his career in the music industry. After reading this article, please don’t forget to kindly share your thoughts in the comment section below.