K-Drama Review: Run On
Run On is a drama that has different genres and storylines. The drama is directed by Lee Jae-hoon and brings out some young and famous celebrities. Who are they? And, how is the drama? In this article, Channel-Korea will give you a Run On drama review, go over the cast, and also give 7 reasons why you should watch the drama. So, keep on reading!
Let’s Get to Know about the K-drama Run On
On December 16, 2020, JTBC released a drama with the title Run On. The drama stars actors Im Si-wan, Shin Se-kyung, Kang Tae-oh, and Girls Generation’ Choi Soo-young. The drama has 16 episodes in the romantic genre, and the drama aired on JTBC and Netflix for international streaming.
From October to November 2020, the posters of this drama were released. In October, the posters that were released were of the first two main characters, namely Im Si-wan and Shin Se-kyung.
On Im Si-wan’s poster has him standing under a bright blue sky, and on the poster is written a sentence in Korean Hangul stating “저마다 다른 사랑의 속도로” which mean “Respectively with a different speed of love.” Meanwhile, Shin Se-kyung’s poster shows the sentence “저마다 다른 사랑의 언어로” which means “Different languages of love.” You can see their posters below!
Then, in the next month, the poster for the second set of main characters was released that showed Girls Generation’s Sooyoung and Kang Tae-oh. Here is the poster!
On the poster above, Sooyoung and Tae-oh are smiling in a car under a sunny day and we can see “선 넘으니까 대표님이 달령왔잖아요” which means “Since that line was crossed, the CEO has come.”
Run On‘s Main Cast
Generally, the main characters in a drama are usually only 2, but Run On brings up 4 main characters who are Im Si-wan as Ki Seon-gyeom, Shin Se-kyung as Oh Mi-joo, Choi Soo-young as Seo Dan-ah, and Kang Tae-oh as Lee Young-hwa.
- Im Si-wan (as Ki Seon-gyeom) is an athlete who is about to retire. He has an introverted personality, but he is good at talking with other people. The character is unique, really kind, and has his own charm.
- In this drama, actress Shin Se-kyung plays the role of a translator for foreign movies. Oh Mi-joo lives alone with her friend, and her personality is tough, persistent, and full of confidence.
- Choi Soo-young plays the role of a CEO named Seo Dan-ah who works at the sports agency that is Ki Seon-gyeom’s agency. She is very responsible and can solve any problems. She is also in charge of Ki Seon-gyeom.
- Meanwhile, Kang Tae-oh is an art college student who has an interest in painting. Lee Young-hwa (the character that Tae-oh plays) is really popular in his college. He is also personable and kind-hearted.
Run On Drama Review
After knowing the synopsis and the main cast, here is a review for this drama. This drama can be said to be a romance drama with an emphasis on athlete life and all the people who work in the sports agency. Based on the cast above, we already know that Ki Seon-gyeom is an athlete, and one day he meets Oh Mi-joo who works as his translator. As time goes by, they have the same feelings of love toward each other.
At first, much of the audience was curious about Sooyoung’s role because she got a role that is quite unique and challenging. The character that she plays looks arrogant, assertive, and scathing when she talks. But, after she meets Lee Young-hwa, she changes a little, and this couple attracts the audience’s attention.
Overall, this drama has unique dialogue for each character. It also has perfect chemistry, and there is a strong bond between the characters. This drama got a 3.77% rating and a 7.6/10 score, so this drama is worth watching! Here is the drama trailer!
Behind the Scenes of Run On
The cast was very close to each other even outside of the drama. We can see this in the photo below. Im Si-wan and Shin Se-kyung built their bond by taking advantage during shooting breaks to tease each other and help take pictures.
Meanwhile, when Sooyoung and Kang Tae-oh have to do a kissing scene, Sooyoung always makes Tae-oh laugh. She always talks a lot while rehearsing those scenes, and they laugh with each other.
7 Reasons Why You Should Watch Run On
If you are still hesitating about watching this drama, we will help you by giving 7 reasons why you should watch this drama.
- The dialogue is unique and natural like in real life. Many dramas use complex dialogue that the audience can’t get the meaning or understand. But, this drama has a simple, natural, and relatable dialogue.
- The cinematography of this drama is perfect with a warm and bright color palette selection. Not only that, all of the actors and actresses have their own amazing visuals.
- The characters and professional backgrounds of the cast are unique.
- There is not a love triangle or unrequited love. This drama is unusual. All the main characters have their own love stories without love triangles so their romantic conflicts are not complicated.
- The characters are acted by great actors and actresses. As we all know, the actors all have their own charms and popularity. Im Si-wan, Kang Tae-oh, and Sooyoung are members of K-pop groups, namely ZE:A, 5urprise, and Girls Generation. Meanwhile, Shin Se-kyung is quite a famous actress.
- The script was written by Kim Eun-sook. Who is he? Kim Eun-sook is a former assistant writer and is famous because of some dramas, namely Goblin, Descendants of the Sun, and The King: Eternal Monarch that stars actor Lee Min-ho.
- The soundtrack has a song by Mamamoo’s Solar. Solar and her group have fabulous vocals, but in this drama, only Solar participated by singing a song entitled “Blue Bird.” Here is the song!
So, that’s all about our Run On drama review along with the reasons that you should watch this drama. Don’t forget to put your thoughts in the comment section, and see you in another article!