From Legit Acting To Dating a Girls’ Generation Member
Never doubt his acting skills, he is Jung Kyung-ho, a South Korean actor under Allum Management. Jung Kyung-ho started his career by appearing in the drama I’m Sorry, I Love You in 2004 playing a small role but this made him more popular then.
Jung Kyung-ho built his path from a supporting role and finally grabbed a position as the main character in the dramas Smile, You in 2009 and Heartless City in 2013. So, check out Jung Kyung-ho in this Channel-Korea article! Stay tuned!
Jung Kyung-ho’s Profile
20 Fun Facts About Jung Kyung-ho
1. Jung Kyung-ho was born in Gwangmyeong-si, South Korea.
2. In the beginning, his father didn’t approve of his choice to pursue acting, and he moved from his house.
3. Jung Kyung-ho has experienced food poisoning from beef and pork.
4. Jung Kyung-ho studied theater at Chung-Ang University.
5. Jung Kyung-ho’s father is a veteran TV director, Jung Eu-young.
6. Jung Kyung-ho did an audition for KBS actors in 2003 and signed a contract with SidusHQ.
7. Jung Kyung-ho decided to pursue acting after being inspired by Ha Jung-woo, his senior in theater major.
8. Jung Kyung-ho enlisted in the army on November 20th, 2010.
9. Jung Kyung-ho finished his military duty on September 4th, 2012, after a recommendation from the Army Chief of Staff.
10. Jung Kyung-ho also even debuted in 5 Stars made by SidusHQ.
11. Jung Kyung-ho changed his diet restriction following his girlfriend Choi Sooyoung.
12. Jung Kyung-ho launched the e-commerce Double Bill with his fellow actor Yoo Ha-jun in 2008.
13. In January 2014, Jung Kyung-ho admitted that his relationship with Choi Sooyoung from Girls’ Generation started in 2013.
14. His first-ever popular acting gig was in the drama series I’m Sorry, I Love You, as a supporting role.
15. His best friends are Yoon Hyun-min, Ha Jung-woo from the drama Hospital Playlist.
Jung Kyung-ho’s Early Career
Jung Kyung-ho had to deal with rejection on the path towards his dream from his father. He moved out of his home because of what his father said to him. He didn’t contact his father for over three years and finally, make matters up. What a hard journey!
Jung Kyung-ho didn’t give up and applied for the theater department at Chung-Ang University. He decided to become an actor after his senior in the university, Ha Jung-woo, inspired him. Jung Kyung-ho saw him on the stage and he advised him to try the 2013 KBS actor audition.
And long story short, Jung Kyung-ho passed the audition and signed a contract with SidusHQ. This is how it started, Jung Kyung-ho bloomed and began his acting journey. He appeared in 5 Stars and also an advertisement on SK Telecom. Hard work will not betray you, indeed!
Highlights of Jung Kyung-ho’s Acting
To find out more about Jung Kyung-ho, let’s dig deeper into his acting highlights!
Jung Kyung-ho as a Doctor in the Drama Hospital Playlist
Jung Kyung-ho becomes one of the main characters, namely Kim Jun-wan, in the drama Hospital Playlist. This drama gained success in 2020, where the story is about colleagues of doctors who face various cases in the hospital.
In this drama, Jung Kyung-ho gained more popularity and spotlight with his acting skills. Do you like this drama?
Jung Kyung-ho as a Handsome Cameo in Crash Landing on You
Crash Landing on You become an instant hit drama in early 2020 with Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin as the main cast. Presenting the story of the North Korean army falling in love with South Korea sounds epic, right?
Jung Kyung-ho appeared in the first episode, as a cameo. He played a Korean star who is dating Son Ye-jin although dating is just camouflage for her in society. Yes, he was the female lead’s ex-boyfriend named Cha Sang Woo. You should check it out! He played naturally and comically!
Jung Kyung-ho Became a Melodrama Composer in the Drama When the Devil Calls Your Name
Jung Kyung-ho played the main character in the drama When the Devil Calls Your Name. He got the role of Ha Rip or Seo Dong-chun who is a composer. Since he was struggling, he bartered his soul to the Devil to achieve success. Sounds creepy, right?
Jung Kyung-ho succeeds in portraying a variety of emotional characters in this drama, like the radiant situation, sad scene, even failure scene. He nails it! This drama pumps up his ability and skills in acting completely, aside from the life lesson of this drama. Definitely should check this out!
Jung Kyung-ho as the Prison Guard in the Drama Prison Playbook
Jung Kyung-ho joined the drama Prison Playbook and boomed this real extravaganza. The drama itself reached many people and was quite successful. Jung Kyung-ho played an elite prison guard, Lee Joon-ho.
In this drama, he was a friend of a famous baseball player named Kim Je-hyuk who got into unintentional trouble and was put into prison. He is the friend that would do anything to support his friend.
Many people love his acting in this drama, he still looks comical yet is beautiful at heart. We really recommend the phenomenal Prison Playbook.
Jung Kyung-ho’s Relationship
In January 2014, Jung Kyung-ho revealed that he was in a relationship with Choi Soo-young of Girls’ Generation since 2013. They already knew each other since teenagers when they went to the same church and went to the same university.
They were together for almost eight years and Jung Kyung-ho admitted that Soo Young has imbued him with positive influence day by day. This is a journey from friends to lovers. Jung Kyung-ho and Sooyoung were also spotted doing what regular couples do, which is watching a movie on their holiday. Such a cute couple!
Cool Jung Kyung-ho on Instagram
Jung Kyung-ho has a special visual, through his Instagram, he shares some of his daily activities and product endorsements.
Shining Again in Hospital Playlist 2 in 2021
Jung Kyung-ho will join the sequel drama Hospital Playlist 2 that will be released in June, 2021. The drama Hospital Playlist was a big hit in 2020 with its relatable story and significant life lesson. This sequel drama definitely will rock on!
That’s all about Jung Kyung-ho’s profile, fun facts, acting career, and his upcoming activity. Keep supporting him and send a positive message always! So, what drama do you like from Jung Kyung-ho’s work? Kindly leave a comment and share it on Twitter!