Ju Ji-hoon: An Actor With Prince-Like Vibes!
Best known as a royal prince in the drama series “Goong” (2006), he is now an actor managed by Key East Entertainment, along with other famous actors such as Kim Soo Hyun, Woo Do Hwan, Bae Yong Joon, and many others. During the beginning of his career, he appeared as a model in the year 2003, and won many awards for that. He advertised for clothing brands such as Calvin Klein, Levi’s, and Reebok, before officially becoming an actor in 2005 on “Old Love” (a drama with a 5 minutes duration).
However, as a public figure, he has been involved in many scandals and rumors. One of them was his ‘drug scandal’ in 2009, which got him sentenced to six months of jail time, suspended for one year, 120 hours of community service, and a fine of ₩360,000. After he completed his legal punishments, he immediately enlisted in the Republic of Korea Army to serve his mandatory military service for five weeks of basic training, followed by active duty with the reserve forces until 2011. How has he been after his military service? Did he manage to recover his image after that? Learn much more about Ju Ji-hoon by reading his profile, facts, and then some in the article below!
Full Profile of Ju Ji-hoon
Name: Ju Ji-hoon / Joo Ji Hoon (주지훈)
Real name : Joo Young Hoon (주영훈)
Chinese Name : Chu Chihun (朱智勳)
Nicknames : Prince ; Dark Wizard -given to him by fan Mkay Doan.
Profession : Model, Actor and Singer
Nationality : South Korean
Date of Birth : May 16, 1982
Place of Birth : Seoul, South Korea
Western Zodiac Sign : Taurus
Chinese Zodiac Sign : Dog
Height : 187 cm (6.1/5 ft)
Weight : 68 kg (149 lb)
Blood Type : A
Religion : Roman Catholicism
Siblings : One sister
Education : Shinam Middle School (신암중학교), Jamsil High School (잠실고등학교), Kyonggi University – Multimedia & Acting Department (경기대학교 다중매체학부 연기과)
Agency : KEYEAST Entertainment
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/_jujihoon
Agency Site : http://www.keyeast.co.kr/index/artist/profile.asp?art_idx=5
Official Site : http://www.ju-jihoon.com/ (inactive)
Fancafe : http://cafe.daum.net/dojin20
Trivia & Facts About Ju Ji-hoon
- Hobbies : Games, swimming, and basketball.
- Skills : Speed reading, singing, dancing, playing guitar and piano, Hapkido.
- Ju Ji-hoon is a book reader, and this has been well known among fans for a long time.
- He can’t take selfies well.
- Among the actors, he is known to have a good-shaped nose.
- Before entering the entertainment industry, he studied at Tongwon College, majoring in e-Business.
- He lent his voice to the OST for Goong, on a song entitled “내 맘속의 너”.
- His left eye is wider than his right eye.
- He likes to travel, and has also travelled to various places across the world, and was willing to explore it more.
- According to the sources, he is also good at cooking and making noodles.
- He likes to play computer games.
- He is close to Eunjung, a former member of T-ARA.
- Lee Ji Hwan and Kim Jae Wook are his close friends; they even traveled together and came to visit Ji Hoon’s house.
- He is also very close to director Min Kyu Dong. It is said that he has been to the house of Director Min Kyu Dong.
- He raised a dog named Bhutan (부탄). There was butane gas near the place where it was sold, so he called it Bhutan.
- In 2006, he was famous for the Princess Hours “Goong” drama series in which he played the lead role. This production was based on Manhwa Goong, and had a rating of 28.3%. Thanks to this project, Ju Ji-hoon is one of the stars who represent the Hallyu Valley.
- While recovering his image after the drug scandal, his net worth in 2015 increased drastically as compared with the previous years.
- Ju Ji-hoon’s net worth is estimated to be in the range of $30,000 in 2018, according to the users of vipfaq. The estimated net worth includes stocks, properties, and luxury goods such as yachts and private airplanes.
- The actor debuted in China with “Love Suspicion”.
- He renewed his contract with Key East Entertainment in late 2016.
- Two weeks before releasing the musical “Dr. Zhivago”, he had to withdraw from it, as his vocal cords were affected and his doctors advised him to retire.
- He can speak a little french, as was revealed on a episode of “Running Man”.
- He will be the lead on his next project with actress Ha Ji Won, “Prometheus”.
- “Along With the Gods: The Two Worlds”, which starred in, became the 2nd highest grossing Korean film of all-time.
- He was cast along with Bae Doo Na, Ryu Seung Ryong, and Joo Ji Hoon in the Netflix drama “Kingdom”.
- He went to the 71st Cannes Film Festival.
- In his past interviews, he said that he grew up poor.
- Although he describes his parents as very conservative, they did not comment when he decided to major in acting at Kyonggi University. “Nobody said anything about it,” he said, “Indeed, my parents liked it when I got into university with an acting major. And although they never said anything, I knew they loved that I was on a TV drama, as one day my mother brought a stack of papers for me to autograph.“
- He wants a girl who’s independent, as he likes to spend quiet time alone reading and listening to music. He grew up spending a considerable amount of time by himself, as both of his parents worked. “I want a girl who has her own interests, and doesn’t bother me,” he said, “I believe that everyone needs to have their own space so they can enjoy time on their own.“
- He won’t settle when it comes to romance, as he does not believe in the idea of marrying for convenience. “I don’t like a marriage for any reason other than true love“.
- In high school, he was teased about his height, and he kept on growing. “Handyman was my nickname in high school,” he said. “Because of my height, I stood out. Every teacher and student knew who I was“.
- He’s serious about preparing for his roles. He learned to play the piano for his role as Yoo Ji Ho, a genius pianist in “Five Fingers”. He took classical piano lessons so he could act convincingly in the performance scenes. After listening to the music, he learned the movements needed to look as is he was really playing that particular piece. For his role in “The Devil,” he lost 11 pounds by eating only chicken and exercising three hours a day.
About Ju Ji-hoon’s Ex-Girlfriend & Love Life
After 3 years in a public relationship since May of 2014, the couple admitted the rumors are true and that they officially broke up in July 2017. There was no clear explanation as to why the two decided to end their relationship, even Ju Ji-hoon’s label told news outlets on July 7, “It’s true that he has broken up with Ga In, and it is difficult to confirm the time frame, or their reasons, since it is a personal matter. We apologize for the late confirmation.” Ga In’s label Mystic Entertainment also stated likewise, asked fans to understand that further details on the couple’s breakup cannot be revealed.
But fans assumed that the break up was due to Gain, who exposed the man who tried to sell her marijuana on her social media account, and referred to her boyfriend, Ju Ji-hoon, as a former druggy in the post. Gain went to Instagram to call out the man, and even revealed that his name is Park Jung Wook. After the fuss, she got summoned by Seoul Police as a witness to the case, where the the acquaintance was later declared innocent of all charges.
Back in their lovey-dovey days, they didn’t seem to be afraid to show the public their affection, as they sometimes got spotted on a date. They even talked about each other on shows such as “Running Man” and “Radio Star”. Nonetheless, it was unfortunate that they have ended their relationship. Let’s wish the best to each of them, even though they have decided to walk separate paths!
As of now, Ju Ji-hoon is not married and doesn’t have a wife. But, let’s wish that he will bring us good news in the future!