Joo Won During His Military Service
Prior to his mandatory military service, he wrapped up his final project “My Sassy Girl” and then quietly enlisted as he waved to his fans at a military camp in Cheolwon, Kangwon province, on May 16th, 2017. Joo Won had auditioned and gotten accepted to the police band but decided to join the army instead, which proves his determination to serve the country like any average Korean man would. After receiving basic army training, Joo Won was scheduled to serve in active duty for 21 months.
According to OSEN, on June 2017, Joo Won attended a ceremony where he received a certificate for completing his 6-week basic military training. It was revealed that he became an army assistant instructor for The 3rd Infantry Division, which meant that he was instructing new soldiers who enlist for basic training. Prior to this, the actor had ranked number one for his strong physique and mentality.
On April 2018, he shared greetings with his fans through a live broadcast and talked about his experience in the army. He mentioned G-Dragon as one of his most memorable trainees, for being hardworking and getting along well with the others. It was reported that he is scheduled to be discharged from the military on February 15, 2019.
Joo Won’s Family Background
When asked about what could make Joo Won happy, he once replied that he can only think of home. He revealed that his stay with his parents and ‘home’ is a space that gives him strength. “If my parents are happy, I will be more motivated at work. Since I was young, the environment at home was especially important to me. Of course, there is no bad relationship between my parents nor was there misfortune in the family. I am happiest when I am with my family and people who are close like friends. I can bear with fatigue from overworking.”
Here some facts about Joo Won’s family!
- His parents manage his income, and he receives a monthly allowance for his living expenses.
- “I don’t know if I am being conservative but it would be better if my wife is more considerate to my parents than me. My parents are like that. My mom is very considerate to my grandma and my dad looks after my mom’s mom. I am not a person like my parents, therefore I hope my ideal type is like that. A clever person who listens well to elderlies“.
- He used to play basketball with his elder brother but then he got married.
- He is the youngest son in the family. He has an elder brother, 5 years older.
- He resembles his father in terms of personality, while his physical appearance reflected that of his mother. When he was eight years old, his parents and his brother sent him abroad to study in the USA. However, they returned to Korea after only six months. Joo Won revealed: “If I had known, I would have stayed a little longer“.
Joo Won’s Rumored Plastic Surgery
Korean Celebrities sometimes are accused by netizens of having undergone plastic surgery because of its popularity in Korea. A long time ago, Joo Won was speculated to have had procedures done, after the web was abuzz with an article titled “Joo Won’s Graduation Photo” with the accompanying photos:
In the photo, Joo Won looked a bit round, and had a slight smile. His gentle appearance was very different from his current appearance. The graduation photo has spurred some to speculate that he was born with single eyelids, and had cosmetic surgery. But some did wonder that it may just be the process of growing up. Usually if people get their eyelids done, they will look balanced, but Joo Won’s left and right double eyelids are not, so they are probably natural.