Who Is Jang Won-young?
Jang Won-young is well known as the maknae and center of the girl group IZ*ONE. IZ*ONE’s Jang Won-young has been captivating men’s hearts with her strong visual since her first appearance even before her official debut with the current group. Since she started as a trainee under Starship Entertainment, IZ*ONE’s Jang Won-young has gone through a lot of difficulties until now. Let’s get to know IZ*ONE’s Jang Won-young better through this article.
Stage Name: Wonyoung (원영)
Birth Name: Jang Wonyoung (장원영)
Chinese Name: Zhang Yuanying (張員瑛)
Date of Birth: August 31st, 2004
Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Position: Dancer, Vocalist, Center, Maknae
Height: 169.2 cm (5’7″)
Weight: 47 kg (104 lbs)
Blood Type: O
- Her official color in IZ*ONE is pink.
- She is the youngest and the tallest member of IZ*ONE.
- She is part-Taiwanese. Her mother is half-Taiwanese and half-Korean, while her father is Korean but grew up in Taiwan.
- Her father is a music teacher and asked his students to support Wonyoung on the show.
- She is nicknamed Giant Baby and Born to be Center.
- She usually gets called “naturally-born center” by her fellow members.
- She can speak English. She went to an international kindergarten school and continued to be tutored in English.
- She can wink 63 times in 30 seconds.
- She likes spicy food.
- Her favorite ice cream flavor is mint chocolate.
- Her English name is Vicky.
- Her birthday was the same day as the Produce 48 final day. She debuted and got the center position on her birthday.
- Her dance specialty is girls’ hip-hop.
- She used to wear braces.
- She appeared in YDPP’s “Love It Live It” MV.
- In Produce 48, other trainees commonly complimented her body ratio. She was one of the tallest trainees on the show.
- She is ranked 88th on TC Candler’s The 100 Most Beautiful Faces of 2018.
Jang Won-young appeared on Produce 48 as a trainee representative of Starship Entertainment, along with fellow IZ*ONE member Ahn Yu-jin, and Cho Ka-hyun, who was eliminated in the second elimination. Here are her ranks on Produce 48:
- Evaluation: B
- Re-evaluation: B
- Episode 1: 3rd
- Episode 2: 4th
- Episode 3: 4th
- Episode 5: 3rd (539.596 votes)
- Episode 8: 1st (1.010.555 votes)
- Episode 9: 8th
- Episode 11: 7th (277.922 votes)
- Episode 12: 1st (338.366 votes)
Here are the video introductions of Jang Won-young on Produce 48:
In the company evaluation, the trainees of Starship Entertainment performed “Wings” from Little Mix, and Jang Won-young was placed in B class.
After the company evaluation and grouping based on their ranks, the trainees were announced that they were going to perform the Produce 48 theme song “Nekkoya” (Pick Me). The trainees were given three days to practice the song and the dance routine, and their ranks were assigned based on their re-evaluation. Jang Won-young was still in the B class after the re-evaluation.
In the group battle performance, Jang Won-young became the center of her group and her group covered IOI’s “Very Very Very.” Her group won the battle, but Jang Won-young was ranked 2nd place behind Miru Shiroma, who came first in the group.
After the group battle evaluation, Produce 48 continued to the position evaluation, which consisted of vocal & rap position and dance position. Jang Won-young chose the dance position, and the song she chose was Ariana Grande’s “Side to Side.” She was ranked 2nd place in her group, again behind Miru Shiroma who came first in her group.
In the concept evaluation, the audiences voted each trainee to six songs with different genres that were suitable for them, and Jang Won-young was chosen to the tropical pop dance genre, titled “Rollin’ Rollin’.” She was chosen as the center, and her group won first place in the concept evaluation. Once again, she was ranked 2nd place behind Miru Shiroma in the group.
At the last evaluation, debut evaluation performances, Jang Won-young was placed on the sub-vocal 4 on her group to sing “We Together” composed by Han Sung-soo. There was no result which song came first, but they were evaluated individually and on the final day, Jang Won-young was ranked first and automatically she was chosen as the center of IZ*ONE.