Itaewon Class – The Second Highest Ranked Drama on JTBC
Itaewon Class (이태원 클라쓰) is a South Korean drama series produced by the film distribution company Showbox. It aired on JTBC in Korea from January 31st to March 21st, 2020, every Friday and Saturday at 11 PM. It has also been streaming worldwide on Netflix. Itaewon Class is based on the Webtoon of the same title by Jo Gwang-jin. It consists of 16 episodes in total. Itaewon Class received the highest rating during the last episodes, making it the third-highest viewership-rated drama in JTBC and the seventh highest-rated drama in Korean cable television history. In this article, Channel-Korea will provide you with a review of the Itaewon Class drama series. Stay tuned!
Itaewon Class: Review
Itaewon Class is about an ordinary boy, Park Sae Ro-yi (Park Seo-joon) who has dropped out of school because he had refused to apologize for punching his classmate Jang Geun-won (Ahn Bo-hyun), who was bullying another classmate. Jang Geun-won is the son of the CEO Jang Dae-hee (Yoo Jae-myung) who owns the restaurant business Jangga where Park Sae Ro-yi’s father works. Later on, Sae Ro-yi’s father dies in an accident. Turns out, it was caused by his ex-classmate Jang Geun-won. Park Sae Ro-yi gets really mad and beats Geun-won viciously. He gets arrested in is put in prison for the violent assault.
While in prison, Park Sae Ro-yi has a lot of time to think and decides to destroy the Jangga company and take revenge upon CEO Jang Dae-hee and his son Jang Geun-won because of what happened to his father and his death caused by these people.
After many years, Sae Ro-yi opens up a bar-restaurant in Itaewon, Seoul after he is released from prison. The restaurant is named DanBam which means Sweet Night. At the moment, Jo Yi-seo (Kim Da-mi) who is an influencer and famous on Instagram decides to work at the restaurant as a manager. DanBam’s staff consists of Jang Geun-soo (Kim Dong-hee), Choi Seung-kwon (Ryoo Kyung-soo), Ma Hyun-yi (Lee Joo-young), and Tony Kim (Chris Lyon).
Long story short, Park Sae Ro-yi already had a crush on his classmate when in high school, Oh Soo-ah (Kwon Na-ra). Oh Soo-ah is his first love. [SPOILER] But in the end, Jo Yi-seo wins Park Sae Ro-yi’s heart even though Park Sae Ro-yi had promised that he would support Oh Soo-ah and take care of her after he had accomplished his goals.
Aren’t you curious about what happened in the picture above? You better watch the full episodes because it’s really tense in that episode. Itaewon Class is really recommended to watch because the plot twists and the storyline are really interesting and marvelous.
Watch on Netflix: ITAEWON CLASS
Itaewon Class: The Cast
- Park Seo-joon as Park Sae Ro-yi: Owner of DanBam bar-restaurant. He aims to expand his bar-restaurant into a franchise and defeat CEO Jang’s food company Jangga Group. A straightforward young man who really doesn’t negotiate with inhumanity and unfairness.
- Kim Da-mi as Jo Yi-seo: A multi-talented, awesome, and intelligent girl. She is a sociopath and a famous blogger. She is the manager of DanBam bar-restaurant. She has a crush on Park Sae Ro-yi.
- Yoo Jae-myung as Jang Dae-hee: CEO of Jangga Group (his food company). He’s the one who makes Park Sae Ro-yi suffer by getting rid of his business. He is the antagonist.
- Kwon Nara as Oh Soo-ah: She is Park Sae Ro-yi’s first love. Head of the strategic planning team of Jangga Group. She grew up in an orphanage and was close with Sae Ro-yi’s father.
- Ahn Bo-hyun as Jang Geun-won
- Kim Dong-hee as Jang Geun-so
- Lee Joo-young as Ma Hyeon-yi
- Ryu Kyung-soo as Choi Seung-kwon
- Chris Lyon as Kim To-ni
- Kim Hye-eun as Kang Min-jun
- Hong Seo-joon as Mr. Kim
- Yoo Da-mi as Kim Sun-ae
- Solbin as Sae Ro-yi’s classmate (Ep. 1)
- Yoon Park as Kim Sung-hyun (Ep. 3)
- Son Hyun-joo as Park Sung-yeol (Ep. 1–2 & 15)
- Hong Seok-cheon as himself (Ep. 2, 4, 9 & 16)
- Park Bo-gum (Ep. 16)
- Im Soeun as Bok-hee’s friend (Ep. 5)
- Jeon No-min as Do Joong-myung (Ep. 11–12)
- Lee Jun-hyeok as a Park Joon-gi (Ep. 11–13)
- Seo Eun-soo as part-time job applicant (Ep. 6)