All You Need to Know About Lee Sung-yeol
Lee Sung-yeol is a member of the popular boy group from South Korea named Infinite. Besides working as an idol, he is also a great actor who’s also known for his acting skill in many K-dramas such as Hi! School-Love On which is starred along with the beautiful actress, Kim Sae-ron.
Lee Sung-yeol is an idol who has never been involved in any scandals so he received a lot of love from his fans and people around him who supported his career, including his family. Lee Sung-yeol’s family is known as a lovely family who’s always being a supportive system to one another since Lee Sung-yeol’s younger brother successfully made his debut as a member of a boy group under the same agency with Infinite.
He has also received a lot of attention and positive response from the public. If you’re one of Infinite’s fan, you must have known that Lee Sung-yeol owned a family restaurant and it’s a must-visit place if you’re ever in South Korea. Let’s check out his full profile below if you want to know more about him!
“Infinite’s Kindergarten Boy” Lee Sung-yeol’s Profile
Real Name : Lee Sung-yeol (이성열)
Nickname : Sung-yeol, Yeol-ie, Choding, Kindergarten Boy
Profession : Singer, Actor
Birth : South Korea, Yongin, Gyeonggi-do, August 27th, 1991
Zodiac : Virgo
Height : 183 cm
Blood Type : B
Education : Daekyung University major in Applied Music
Siblings : Younger Brother; Lee Dae-yeol
Talent Agency : Woollim Entertainment
Official Sites : Instagram (www.instagram.com/leeseongyeol_1991)
During his pre-debut days as an actor, Lee Sung-yeol appeared as a supporting role in the television drama such as Good Job, Good Job, Everybody Cha-cha-cha, and the popular South Korean drama, Boys Over Flower. Before debuting as an idol, Lee Sung-yeol had originally planned to debut as an actor and he was trained under SM Academy.
In the beginning of his career, Lee Sung-yeol was announced to be the last member to join Infinite and he made his debut as a member of Infinite taking the position as vocalist with their first album, titled First Invasion on June 9th, 2010. A year later, Lee Sung-yeol made his acting debut in the drama, titled While You Were Sleeping in 2011.
Besides working as a newcomer actor, Lee Sung-yeol also had been busy with his schedules with Infinite and he was cast as a lead role in the web drama, titled Love for Ten: Generation of Youth on October 21st, 2013 with 4Minute’s Nam Ji-hyun and other actress & actor, such as Jin Won and Clara Lee.
After his debut as an idol, Lee Sung-yeol had also made another big step in his acting career and he was being cast in a lead role with his fellow member, Woo-hyun. This drama had also starred a rising child actress named Kim Sae-ron in the drama Hi! School-Love On aired on KBS2 which had broadcast starting from July 11th until December 19th during 2014.
Later on, Lee Sung-yeol and one of his Infinite’s members, Sung-jong, formed a sub-group called Infinite F which was announced at the end of Infinite’s concert ‘One Great Step Returns’. This sub-group also performed their song from the Hi! School-Love On soundtrack, titled Heartthrob.
In the same year, Lee Sung-yeol had been busy with making a comeback with his sub-group and main group’s comeback as well as being busy with releasing Infinite’s second album. Then they made their official debut in Japan on November 19, 2014 with their 1st single album Koi No Sign following their release in Korea with their first single album on December 2nd, 2014, titled Azure.
For Lee Sung-yeol’s current work, he made a transition to lead roles. As reported on January 2nd, 2017, he was cast to be the lead role with the newcomer actress Lee Ye-hyun, titled Cold Case Provisional Task Force and 7 months later, in August 1st, 2017, Lee Sung-yeol was cast for the daily drama Love Returns which is aired in KBS1. Lee Sung-yeol’s career in acting does not just stop until there, he was additionally cast for the upcoming horror movie based on the webtoon series with A-Pink’s Eunji, titled 0.0MHz.
- 2017 – 2018 – Love Returns (aired on KBS1/playing as the lead role; Hong Seok-pyo)
- 2017 – Cold Case Provisional Task Force (Special Drama) (aired on KBS1/playing as the lead role; Oh Gyun Sik)
- 2015 – D-Day (aired on JTBC/playing as the supporting role; Ahn Dae-gil)
- 2014 – Hi! School: Love On (aired on KBS2/playing as the main role; Hwang Sung-yeol)
- 2013 – Adolescence Medley (Special Drama) (aired on KBS2/playing as the cameo; Student Council President), Love for Ten: Generation of Youth (Web Drama) (aired on Daum tvPot/NaverTV Cast)
- 2011 – While You Were Sleeping (aired on SBS/playing as the supporting role; Yoon So-joon), Wara Store (aired on Tooniverse/playing as the guest role of himself (voice))
- 2009 – Boys Over Flowers (aired on KBS2/playing as the cameo; Student), Good Job, Good Job (aired on MBC/playing as a Student), Everybody Cha-cha-cha (aired on KBS1/playing as a Student)
- 2018 – 0,0MHz (playing the role as Sang-yeob as his debut film)
- 2014 – Grow: Infinite’s Real Youth Life (playing the role as himself in documentary film)
- 2012 – INFINITE Concert Second Invasion Evolution The Movie 3D (playing the role as himself in concert film)