The Hard-Working Actress, Hwang Woo Seul Hye
Hwang Woo Seul Hye (황우슬혜), born Hwang Jin-hee (황진희), is a South Korean actress who was known for her capabilities for delivering clean yet wild acting back in her heyday. Along with other famous actors / actresses such as Kim Sung Oh, Lee Si Young, Joo Won, she is now managed by Huayi Brothers Entertainment (formerly Sim Entertainment).
Full Profile of Hwang Woo Seul Hye
Name : Hwang Woo Seul Hye (황우슬혜)
Birth Name : Hwang Jin Hee (황진희)
Occupation : Actress, Model
Years Active : 2008 – present
Label : Huayi Brothers Entertainment (formerly Sim Entertainment)
Nationality : South Korean
Birthdate : February 10, 1979
Birthplace : South Korea
Star Sign : Leo
Height : 168 cm
Blood Type : N/A
Education : Department of Cinema – Konkuk University
Twitter / Instagram : @wooseulhye / @hjini0810
Hwang Woo Seul Hye’s Trivia and Facts
- Her specialities are Yoga and Jazz dance.
- She is known for having a gorgeous body shape. She always appears in revealing clothes at awards show.
- She changed her official profile from 1982 to 1979, her real birthyear.
- In 2011, she became the ambassador for the 3rd Seoul International Film Festival, and in 2012 she became Hope Seoul Ambassador.
- On the tvN’s “Taxi The Talk Show”, she shed tears as she confessed that when her mother passed away, she thought her mother had had enough money to live, but when she checked her bank account there was only 6000 won.
- On KBS’s “Happy Together 3”, she revealed that she was back-stabbed by a close hoobae. The hoobae spread around a ridiculous rumor saying that she is a smoker.
- She uses baby cosmetics for skincare, because her skin is sensitive (Interview by Showbiz Korea).
- She was bullied and became an outcast in her past with no clear reason why, that’s why she feels frustrated when she plays a role where she has to hit someone.
- She confessed that she is actually quite a tsundere (Q & A by Lily Lee).
- She is a first-born. She has a brother who’s 2 years younger than her, and he doesn’t care what she does (Q & A by Lily Lee).
- Her favorite side dish is pickled beans (Q & A by Lily Lee).
- She attended the acting training center for over 10 years. When she’s not busy with filming, she goes to the training center for 7 hours a day, 5 days a week (Q & A by Lily Lee).
- She admitted that she has a pronunciation issues (Q & A by Lily Lee).
- She exercises often to stay in shape. And usually in the morning, she drinks bellflower juice and lemon juice (interview by tenasia).
- She rarely wears make up when she’s not shooting. Her daily makeup is just night moisturizer, eye cream, and oil (interview by tenasia).
- She doesn’t care about a guy’s appearance, as long as he has a wise personality (interview by tenasia).
Hwang Woo Seul Hye’s Plastic Surgery
An online community site has released a graduation photo of the actress looking somewhat chubby. This attracted the attention of netizens, and some commented how cute and good her skin was. However, some of them raised the suspicion of molding (nonsurgical method of reshaping), and came up with opinions about how different she looked then.
And as you can see on the comparison photos above, her jaw looks slimmer and more defined, even her nose looks more pointy than before. Some netizens assumed that they’re just the result of her dieting progress or advanced photographic technology, because there is no official confirmation from the actress about her procedures.
Hwang Woo Seul Hye on We Got Married
After three months of being together as a virtual couple, Hwang Woo Seul Hye and her pseudo-husband Lee Sun Ho, ended their short-lived virtual marriage on MBC’s “We Got Married” in March 2010. They were known as an underrated couple compared to Jo Kwon & Gain and Yonghwa & Seohyun, who were cast in the same season.