Hwang Seok-jeong, The Queen of Supporting Characters
Hwang Seok-jeong is a South Korean actress who mostly plays supporting character. She revealed that she has been full of passion for acting ever since her college days, which pushed her to officially debut on the screen with the movie Take Care of My Cat as village chief ajumma / female beggar. She has also appeared on various dramas playing eccentric characters, notably appearing on MBC’s “She Was Pretty” (2015), “Cheese in the Trap” (2016), “Guardian: The Lonely and Great God” (2016), and “Because This is My First Life” (2017).
Full Profile of Hwang Seok-jeong
Name : Hwang Seok Jeong / Hwang Suk Jung (황석정)
Profession : Actress
Nationality : South Korean
Date of Birth : February 2, 1971
Place of Birth : Busan, South Korea
Zodiac Sign : Sagittarius
Height : 162 cm
Weight : 50 kg
Years Active : 2001 – present
Agency : 이수이엔엠 (Isuien M. Co., Ltd)
Family : Father (passed away), Mother, Brother, Sister
Education : Busan Girls High School, Seoul National University – Korean Traditional Music College, and Korea National University of Arts Drama Theater Dept.
Random Facts About Hwang Seok-jeong
- When she was a child, she joined the Anti-Communist Children’s Federation, and received Anti-Communist education.
- Her father was a trombone player, her mother was a musical teacher, and her brother, sister, and Hwang Seok Jeong herself majored in music.
- She can play the piano.
- She participated in an auction and won a house, but unfortunately her mother had suffered a back surgery, and was living alone in Busan. To take care of her family, she decided to let the house go.
- She participated in the 76th contest as a masked singer named ‘London-style Tower Bridge’.
- She owns a restaurant that is run by her family members.
- She has been studying folk paintings for years in order to rule her mind.
- Some of her idol friends are HIGHLIGHT’s Yoon Doojoon & CN BLUE’s Minhyuk.
- For the female crime psychology talk program KBSW’s “Red Handbag”, she bought five psychology books before the broadcast. Psychopath, crime psychology, female crime, anger control disorder, and so on.