All You Need to Know About Hwang Jung-eum
Hwang Jung-eum debuted as part of the K-pop girl group Sugar in 2001 as a lead vocalist, but only remained for 3 years before attempting a solo career. She started appearing on the variety show ‘Love Letter’ from 2004 to 2006 as one of the recurring guests where she was paired with Kim Jong-min which made her very popular. She officially made her acting debut in the TV drama ‘The Person I Love’ in 2007. Hwang is also known for her 9 years relationship with a member of the boy group SG Wannabe, Kim Yong-jun.
Her numerous appearance in TV shows, movies and advertisements made her life different. During many interviews, she often talks about the fact that she was poor and only had ₩487 (US$0.45) in her bank account when she started the show, but walked away with ₩1.2 billion when it ended. She was also listed as number 18 on Forbes Korea’s Top 40 Celebrities in 2011, ranked 7th on the list of richest K-pop idols on Mnet’s Idol Chart Show, and among the Top 7 Female Commercial Stars in Korea as compiled by Ilgan Sports.
- You might like: Hwang Jung-eum’s Husband: Dating, Almost Divorced, Etc.
Hwang Jung-eum’s Profile
Born date: January 25, 1985 (age 33)
Born place: Seoul, South Korea
Education: University of Suwon – Theater and Film
Years active: 2002–present
Agent: C-Jes Entertainment
Spouse(s): Lee Young-don (m. 2016)
Weight: 48 kg
Star sign: Aquarius
Blood Type: O
- Former member of Kpop group “Sugar.” The group existed from 2002 to December, 2006. Hwang Jung-Eun dropped out of the group in December, 2004. Actress Park Soo-Jin was also a member of the group.
- She was chosen to become a brand ambassador for many events and products, such as Puchon International Fantastic Film Festival in 2010, Angel (1004) Day in 2010, The Korea Medical Assistance Foundation in 2011, 2012 International Advertisements Festival in Busan, The International Relief NGO Good Neighbors in 2013 dan Social campaign in Seoul in 2014.
- Hwang has been in relationship for 9 years with member of SG Wannabe Kim Yong-jun. They met during the shoot for the My Heart Treasure Box MV. They started dating in 2008, and broke up in 2015 after finishing the Kill Me, Heal me shooting process.
- Super Junior’s Siwon admitted that he like Hwang Jung eum because her acting is so remarkable.
- She has received around 24 awards for her career. High Kick Through The Roof and Can You Hear my Heart dan Giant are some of the movies and dramas which earned those awards.