Get To Know Kim Timoteo from HOTSHOT
Kim Timoteo, or also known as Timoteo, is a popular South Korean singer. He debuted as a member of the boy group HOTSHOT on October 31st, 2014. He is a former trainee of SM Entertainment. He is a close friend of SHINee’s Taemin, EXO’s Kai, TEEN TOP’s Niel, and VIXX’s Ravi. In 2017, Timoteo decided to join The Unit survival show. Before debuting, Timoteo had appeared in SBS’ Truth Game as one of the top five handsome elementary school students. In this article, Channel-Korea will provide you with a detailed run-through of everything about Kim Timoteo: his full profile and the latest news. Stay tuned!
Full Profile of HOTSHOT’s Timoteo
- Stage Name: Timoteo (티모테오)
- Full Name: Kim Timoteo (김 티모테오)
- Nickname: Timo, Timote
- Birth Name: Kim Moon Gyu (김문규)
- Date of Birth: January 25th, 1993
- Place of Birth: Suyeong-gu, Busan, South Korea
- Nationality: Korean
- Star Sign: Aquarius
- Religion: Catholic
- Blood Type: B
- Height: 180 cm (5 ft 11 inch)
- Weight: 63 kg (139 lbs)
- Shoe Size: 260 mm
- Occupation: Singer, Dancer, Rapper
- Associated Acts: HOTSHOT
- Debut Date: October 31st, 2014 (with HOTSHOT)
- Agency: Star Crew Entertainment
- Education: Kyungkyung Kindergarten (Graduated), Hoam Elementary School (Graduation), Beomgye Junior High School (Graduated), Anyang Arts High School (Department of Theater and Film/Graduated), Myongji University (Movie and Musical Studies/Bachelor of Science), Inha University Graduate School (Cultural Management/Master’s), Dongguk University School of Visual Arts (Performing Arts/Master’s )
- Official Twitter: inactive
- Official Instagram: ragtag_25
- Official SoundCloud: ragtag_25
Fun Facts about HOTSHOT’s Timoteo
- Before becoming an adult, he changed his name from Kim Mun-gyu to Kim Timoteo, a Catholic baptism. The family was called Timoteo, a baptismal name, since childhood because it was a Catholic family.
- He is the lead dancer, sub-vocalist, sub-rapper, and visual of the group.
- He was a trainee for nine years before debuting.
- He is a former trainee of SM Entertainment along with Junhyuk. He was the most supportive trainee in SM. He was supposed to make his debut as a member of EXO, but he quit the agency three years before EXO’s debut because he was tired of their long trainee life and waiting for EXO’s debut and he got a lot of tension as well from his parents.
- Before joining SM Entertainment, he worked as a child and appeared in SBS’ Truth Game as one of the top five handsome elementary school students. He was a kid ulzzang, a child actor, and a dancer.
- Timoteo appeared as a child of Kim Ki-beom (a male protagonist character) in The Grace’s “Everything” music video. He also appeared in Double K’s “Rap Movement” music video, and TVXQ’s “HAHAHA song” along with other EXO members.
- Taemin of SHINee, Kai of EXO, Niel of TEEN TOP, and Ravi of VIXX are considered to be Timoteo’s good/close friends. Also, he’s a friend of Jimin of BTS, Sehun of EXO, Amber of f(x), Johnny of NCT, Henry, and Bohyung of SPICA. He has been friends with Taemin, Kai, and Niel since they were children.
- He acted in the web drama SPUNK (2019).
- According to the album Thanks to, his broad shoulders seemed to have been inherited from his father.
- His hobby is shopping/buying clothes.
- Timoteo was a participant in The Unit Idol Rebooting Program in 2017 along with his fellow member, Ko Hojung. He ranked 10th. Although he didn’t place in the top nine, Timoteo says he still gained something valuable. He revealed, “The biggest feat was being able to make our name HOTSHOT more known at least one more time. I was always referred to as “Taemin’s friend” or “Ha Sung Woon’s member” more than by my own name, but I am happy I was able to make my name more well-known to the public through this opportunity.”
- Timoteo once said, “The Unit was a program where I really devoted all of my passion. Because I did everything I could, I feel relieved despite the outcome. I will remember it as the best thing I did in my 20s.”
- Timoteo and Taehyun secretly read webtoons in the practice room whenever they could. One day they got caught and made up excuses about how popular the webtoon was and advised to use it as a promotional platform, but the staff liked the idea.