Get To Know Roh Taehyun from HOTSHOT
Roh Taehyun, or also known as Taehyun, is a well known South Korean singer. He debuted as a member of the boy group HOTSHOT on October 31st, 2014. He also was known as Kid Monster before. Taehyun appeared on Mnet’s Produce 101 Season 2 along with his HOTSHOT fellow member Ha Sungwoon, but he was eliminated in Episode 10. In September 2017, he debuted with JBJ. Taehyun currently has taken a role in a musical. In this article, Channel-Korea will introduce you to all the information you need to know about Roh Taehyun: his full profile and the latest news. Stay tuned!
Full Profile of HOTSHOT’s Taehyun
- Stage Name: Roh Taehyun (노태현)
- Former Stage Name: Kid Monster (키드몬스터)
- Nickname: Sorori, Noribun Sense, Fruity Award, Oldest Mother, Charm Leader, Cheungi, Hisoka, Cicada, Small Giant, Fairy, Hyuni, KIMON, and Rat Captain
- Birth Name: Roh Taehyun (노태현)
- Date of Birth: October 15th, 1993
- Place of Birth: Guro-gu, Seoul, South Korea
- Nationality: Korean
- Star Sign: Libra
- Religion: Protestant
- Blood Type: A
- Height: 168 cm (5 ft 6 inch)
- Weight: 59 kg (129 lbs)
- Occupation: Singer, Dancer, Rapper
- Associated Acts: HOTSHOT, JBJ
- Debut Date: October 31st, 2014 (with HOTSHOT), October 18th, 2017 (with JBJ)
- Agency: Star Crew Entertainment
- Education: Yeokgok Middle School (graduated), Music from Korea Arts High School (graduated)
- Official Instagram: roh_taehyun, official.rohtaehyun
- Official Twitter: rth_officialtwt
- Official Youtube channel: Acorn Studio / Roh Taehyun
Fun Facts about HOTSHOT’s Taehyun
- According to a Vlive, which was conducted on HOTSHOT’s official Instagram account on July 16th, 2017, he will work under his real name Roh Taehyun, not under the stage name KID MONSTER, which was previously active.
- He chose to do Krump when popping or b-boying was popular.
- While performing “Jelly” on the M Countdown live stage on July 27th, 2017, a tape that was attached to the microphone nearly fell off and caused a broadcasting accident, but he was praised by the broadcasters and officials for his ability to hold the microphone with his right hand and continue performing.
- At a fan signing event that took place on November 12th, 2017, when rolling forward, his shoes fell off and the insoles were accidentally exposed.
- In March 2017, Roh Taehyun appeared on Mnet’s Produce 101 Season 2 along with his HOTSHOT fellow member Ha Sungwoon. He was eliminated in Episode 10.
- Roh Taehyun debuted with JBJ in September 2017. JBJ disbanded in April 2018.
- After the end of JBJ activities on July 11th, 2018, Roh Tae-hyun, the only member who had no official activity, reported a huge comeback through a choreography video. Along with the dance crew BB Trippin, he created choreography for Fitz and The Tantrum’s hit song “HandClap.” The video was later re-posted by the original author Fitz and The Tantrum on Instagram and they also follow Roh Tae-hyun’s Instagram account.
- He appeared in Rude Paper’s “Fight like the lion” music video.
- He’s a member of the hip-hop dance crew Monster WOO FAM.
- On August 20th, 2018, Roh Tae-hyun performed a choreography adapted to the song “So sweet,” by an American singer named Johnny Stimson in the second part of the solo fan meeting held in Tokyo. The original noticed it. Johnny Stimson also wanted to collaborate with Taehyun. Based on Johnny’s tweet, he wrote: ” ‘Flower’ is the song I wanted to collaborate on with Taehyun!! I still want to make a version with him how can we get him to see this video?? 🌺” He even mentioned the agency on Twitter and posted the agency’s email.
- According to a fan signing event, a fan said that he was accepted to Anyang Art High School, Department of Theater and Film.
- On March 1st, 2019, the director of the musical “Mefisto” came to a fan meeting and made an invitation to appear in person.
- Roh Taehyun was also called by the producer for the next musical, Iron Mask. He was decided naturally as the next musical cast after the producer called Roh Tae-hyun and answered, “Oh yes!” when he said, “I’m putting him on the casting list.”
- In October 2019, he worked as an intern MC for Idol of the Month on TBS’ program Fact-Instagram.
- He participated in the OST “Highlight” of tvN’s drama Catch the Ghosts.
- Roh Tae Hyun is good friends with Girl’s Day’s Minah. Minah was rooting for Taehyun during Produce 101 Season 2.