Get to Know The Gag Woman, Hong Yoon-hwa
Do you remember Shin Min-ah’s funny best friend in the drama Oh My Venus? Yes, she is none other than Hong Yoon-hwa! She is a famous comedian from South Korea, and is known for her humorous personality and her comical laugh. She is also known as Korea’s gag woman!
In this article, Channel-Korea will be providing you all the information you need to know about Korea’s Gag Woman, Hong Yoon-hwa. From her full profile, her love life, and marriage with comedian Kim Min-ki, and also her most recent news; we’ve got it covered! So, stay tuned!
Hong Yoon-hwa’s Full Profile
Name: Hong Yoon-hwa (홍윤화)
Birthday: July 16, 1988
Height: 155 cm (5 ft 1 in)
Star sign: Cancer
Talent agency: JDB Entertainment
Facebook: Hong Yoon-hwa’s Facebook Profile
Facts About Hong Yoon-hwa
- In the 2010 Japanese television series Mischievous Kiss, Hong Yoon-hwa made her acting debut.
- Hong Yoon-hwa also participated in the Real School TV shows, and the dramas Oh My Venus (2015) and The Wonder (2016).
- Hong Yoon-hwa was in a relationship for nine years with Korean comedian Kim Min-ki before the couple finally tied the knot in 2018.
Hong Yoon-hwa’s Filmography
Not only is she a comedian, but Hong Yoon-hwa is also an actress and has starred in many dramas! Want know her complete filmography? Check out the list below!
- Golden Garden (2019) – Mi Mi / Bambi (model) (Eps.1, 3)
- Top Star Yoo Baek (2018) – Cameo (Woman being interrogated at a police station)
- Wok of Love | Gireumjin Mello (SBS / 2018) – Gan Bo-Ra
- Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People | Yeokjuk: Baeksungeul Hoomchin Dojuk (MBC / 2017) – servant
- Oh My Venus (KBS2 / 2015-2016) – Jo Hyun-Jung
- Flower of the Queen | Yeowangui Kkot (MBC / 2015) – restaurant customer (cameo)
- Mischievous Kiss | Jangnanseureon Kiseu (MBC / 2010) – Jung Ju-Ri
- Steal My Heart | Kaechimi (2013) – Lee Sook-Ja
- Drama Special: Funny Woman | Utgineun Yeoja (KBS2 / 2015) – Oh Dal-Sook
- Playful Kiss YouTube Edition (2010) – Jung Joo-ri
- Hurry Up And Talk (2019) – (Ep. 3) Guest
- Player 7 (2019) – (Ep. 5) Guest
- Guess My Next Move V2 (2019) – [Related observer] (Ep. 6) Guest
- Wanna Play? (2019) – (Ep. 12) Guest
- Happy Together: Season 4 (2018) – (Ep. 38) Guest
- Eating Out Day 32 (2018) – Regular Member
- Big Picture: Season 2 (2018) – Guest
- Life Bar 118 (2018) – (Ep. 5) Guest
- Singing Battle 29 (2016) – Guest
- Video Star: Season 1 (2016) – (Ep. 51) Guest
- One Night Food Trip: Season 1 (2016) – (Eps. 9-12) Guest
- Law of the Jungle in Tonga (2016) – 1st Half Guest
- Knowing Bros (2015) – (Eps. 146-147, 165) Guest
- Roommate: Season 2 (2014) – (Ep. 15) Guest
- Running Man (2010) – (Eps. 273, 282 [Uncredited], 319) Guest
Hong Yoon-hwa’s Diet Tips For Weight Loss
Hong Yoon-hwa is a famous comedian with a round body and a funny face. She has a weight reaching 100 kg. With the condition of her body, she felt inferior and insecure about her appearance. Fortunately, she met a handsome prince who accepted her for who she is. The prince’s name is Kim Min-ki. The first time they met, Hong Yoon-hwa and Kim Min-ki only considered each other as senior and junior relations, but the two felt they were compatible and finally started dating in April 2010.
Hong Yoon-hwa and Kim Min-ki are known as healthy partners and they take good care of maintaining their connection. Both Kim Min-ki and Hong Yoon-hwa often capture moments of togetherness on their personal Instagram accounts. In fact, this couple is one of the most popular couples in South Korea.
When he decided it was a longstanding relationship, Kim Min-ki finally intended to propose to Hong Yoon Hwa. Kim Min-ki appeared with a bouquet of flowers in his hand. “We’ve been dating for 7 years. It’s time for us to get married,” Kim Min-ki said.
Since Kim Min-ki’s proposal, Hong Yoon-hwa became determined to reduce her weight. She wanted to look beautiful on her wedding day, so she decided to go on a healthy diet. The trick she used is simple, she played a lot of sports. Some time ago, Hong Yoon-hwa uploaded a photo showing her exercising on her Instagram account.
On social media, Hong Yoon-hwa shares her diet tips, which involve eating healthy, low-calorie foods like chicken breast, tofu, mushrooms, and green peppers. Hong Yoon-hwa appeared as a guest on Olive TV’s ‘Self-Cook School’: What Should We Eat Today?’. She told the audience that she had lost 10 kg.
While she was in the process of losing her weight, Kim Min-ki also uploaded a few fun photos of her on his Instagram. “Let me mess up your diet“. Then Hong Yoon-hwa was seen holding her cheek and displaying a panicked expression because she had eaten a lot.
Recently Hong Yoon-hwa announced that she had lost 30 kg.
“Recently I tried my clothes again. Before trying, I was very worried whether my clothes would be enough or not. It turned out that my dress was actually oversized. The oversize of a fist. So I had to shrink it again.” said Hong Yoon-hwa proudly. Hong Yoon-hwa said that her yoga mat had holes in it because she was too eager to exercise every day.
After Hong Yoon-hwa lost so much weight, Kim Min-ki was interviewed by the media. He said that, in fact, he had never questioned the weight of his future wife.
Wow, Hong Yoonhwa weight loss journey is truly inspiring!
Hong Yoon-hwa’s Marriage with Comedian Kim Min-ki
Hong Yoon-hwa and Kim Min-ki were finally married! The couple, who have been in love for nine years, was married on Saturday, November 17, 2018. At the press conference, Hong Yoon-hwa and Kim Min-ki couldn’t hide their happiness. They felt that they would really have a new life with this marriage, even though they had been together for nearly nine years.
Hong Yoon-hwa was on a diet for almost a year before her marriage. She succeeded in losing 30 kg in order to be able to wear her dream wedding dress.
Hong Yoon Hwa and Kim Min Ki’s relationship was revealed to the public in 2011, but they had been dating since April 2010. They’ve both said they feel grateful because, because they’ve gotten a lot of support from the beginning, and have received many congratulations since their marriage.
“I really thank many people who were interested in the news of our marriage after it was published. Starting from here, we will be two people who have a good and happy influence. I also get a lot of congratulations through DM from people I don’t know on social media. Thank you very much,” said Hong Yoon-hwa as reported by Soompi.
For the sake of being able to wear her dream wedding dress, Hong Yoon-hwa was determined to go on a diet. The comedian admitted that her diet was full of stress and challenges, but she finally felt grateful because after undergoing medical tests, her body condition was better than before.
“I did lose weight for the sake of my dress, but it’s really hard to refrain from what I want to eat. Dieting is really hard. I can’t eat good food, pay attention to what I eat, and exercise more than four times a week. I feel stressed, but I do a health test and (as a result) my body is healthier. When I open my eyes in the morning, I feel my body is lighter and fresher. I sleep more soundly, and I feel healthier, “explained Hong Yoon-hwa.
After the wedding, Hong Yoon-hwa and Kim Min Ki went to Hawaii for their honeymoon. The newlywed couple also planned to live in the Mangwon area of Seoul. They claimed they weren’t in a rush to have children, wanting to enjoy some time with just the two of them as new partners.
“We still haven’t decided (about children). If we have children, we will be happy. If not, then we will live alone together. For now, we don’t have plans to have children,” said Hong Yoon-hwa.
Kim Min-ki also gave a similar answer, “Actually, rather than a plan about children, we still want to enjoy time together. We live apart before, so we want to enjoy this honeymoon and will only think about the rest later.”
Congratulations again to Hong Yoon-hwa and Kim Min-ki for their marriage, good luck!