South Korean Actress Lee Yooyoung
Lee Hwa Gyeom, or also known as Lee Yooyoung, is a former member of a girl group called Hello Venus. After the contract with Hello Venus expired, she renewed her contract with Fantagio and continued to pursue an acting career under Fantagio with a different stage name. Yooyoung was the Rapper, Lead Dancer, Vocalist of Hello Venus. She made her debut with Hello Venus on May 9th, 2012. Her first actively promoted release was Hello Venus’s debut mini-album Venus on M! Countdown on May 10th, 2012. As of their debut, Hello Venus released five EPs in total. In this article, Channel-Korea will provide you with a detailed explanation of everything about Lee Yooyoung. So, stay tuned!
Full Profile of Yooyoung
- Full Name: Lee Yoo-young (이유영)
- Stage Name: Yoo-young (유영)
- Date of Birth: January 23rd, 1995
- Birthplace: Suwon, South Korea
- Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
- Height: 170 cm
- Weight: 49 kg
- Blood type: A
- Occupation: Singer, Actress
- Position: Lead Rapper, Lead Dancer, Vocalist
- Years active: 2012 – present
- Labels: Fantagio
- Associated acts: Hello Venus
Facts About Yooyoung
- Yoo-young’s nickname is Yooaengi.
- Yoo-young can speak English.
- Her hobbies are drawing and hiking.
- She is allergic to strawberries.
- She was the youngest member in the group before the two new members (Seoyoung and Yeoreum) joined.
- Yooyoung made her acting debut in 2013 with SBS’ Wonderful Mama, and later appeared in MBC’s Cunning Single Lady, MBC’s Mother’s Garden, KBS2’s Who Are You: School 2015, and the movie Slow Video.
- Besides dramas, she also acted in the film Futureless Things.
- Yooyoung’s ideal type is someone who has manly eyes and who is also sweet.
Debut with Hello Venus
Hello Venus (헬로비너스) was a South Korean girl group formed by Tricell Media (formerly a joint venture between Pledis Entertainment and Fantagio). Hello Venus firstly formed from six members: Alice, Nara, Lime, Yooara, Yoonjo, and Yooyoung. In October 2014, Fantagio introduced two new members: Seoyoung and Yeoreum. Hello Venus first became known under the name Venus. On April 17th, 2012, Hello Venus was officially announced with a teaser image, along with the opening of an official website. Hello Venus released their debut mini-album, Venus on May 9th, 2012, with a total of four tracks including the lead single “Venus.” The group is most notable for their songs: “Sticky Sticky,” “Wiggle Wiggle,” and “I’m Ill.”
Let’s Check Out Hello Venus’ Music Videos Below:
Hello Venus’ Official Disbandment and Her Future Plans
On April 26th, 2019, Fantagio Entertainment officially announced Hello Venus’ disbandment. The girls had decided not to renew their contracts as a group, and took their final bow as Hello Venus on May 8th. Their last project together as a group was a comeback with a mini-album titled Mystery of Venus. Mystery of Venus was released on January 11th, 2017, in conjunction with the music video for the title track “Mysterious.”
After parting ways with Hello Venus, Yooyoung renewed her contract with Fantagio along with two other former members of Hello Venus, Yeoreum and Lime, while the other members, Alice and Nara decided to part ways with the agency. Yooyoung decided to pursue other activities as an actress. She also changed her stage name in view of her new career pathway.
The agency, Fantagio, also stated, “The most important factor when renewing our contracts with Chae Joo Hwa (Lime) and Lee Hwa Gyeom (Yooyoung) was our trust in one another. We’re very happy to be with Lee Hwa Gyeom, Chae Joo Hwa, Lee Seo Young (Seoyoung), and Yoo Na Gyeol (Yeoreum). We’ll give our full support and continue to nurture the individual strengths of Chae Joo Hwa, Lee Hwa Gyeom, Lee Seo Young, and Yoo Na Gyeol so that they can promote in various ways.”