Find Out More About Lime, a Former Member of Hello Venus
Most of you are probably familiar with the girl group Hello Venus, right? Hello Venus is a girl group that debuted in 2012 under Tricell Media (formerly a joint venture between Pledis Entertainment and Fantagio). The name Hello Venus became increasingly famous as one of the girl groups with a sexy concept, especially after the release of the song “Wiggle Wiggle.” Unfortunately, in April 2019 the group was officially disbanded because all the members’ contracts had expired.
In this article, Channel-Korea will provide you with a run-through of everything about one of the members of Hello Venus, Lime. We will introduce you with everything about her profile, her debut as a member of Viva Girls and as a member of Hello Venus. In this article, you can also learn more about Lime’s plastic surgery. Are you ready for it? Check this out!
Lime’s Full Profile and Facts
Real Name: Kim Hye-rim
Stage Name: Lime
Date of Birth: January 19th, 1993
Age: 26 years old
Position: Main Rapper, Main Dancer, Lead Vocalist
Height: 169 cm
Weight: 50 kg
Blood Type: O
Education: Youngpa Girls’ Middle School; Youngpa Girls’ High School
Fun facts about Lime:
- Her hobbies are swimming and writing songs.
- Lime is friends with Blackpink’s Jennie and Apink’s Bomi.
- Lime almost debuted with 9muses‘ Kyungri, WJSN‘s Seola and Exy, and Dalshabet‘s Woohee in a group called Viva Girls, but they never debuted because the agency went bankrupt.
- Lime can speak English very well.
- She wrote the Rap lyrics for Scotch V.I.P.’s song “Finale.”
- She is one of Lee Chaeyeon back-up dancers.
- Lime’s ideal type is B.A.P’s Himchan.
- According to the other members, Lime is the strongest member when talking about drinking.
- Lime wants to know more about the girl group, FIESTAR.
- Lime likes short hair rather than long hair.
- Lime wants to be featured or to collaborate with other rappers.
- Lime’s style has changed a lot. At first, she had short and curly hair and possessed a look of a cute girl. Since the departure of 2 members of the group as well as the joining of 2 new members, she let her hair grow long and now she has a look of a more attractive and sexy girl.
- Lime, Yoonjo, and Yooyoung are roommates.
- Lime’s first love happened when she was 17 years old.
- Lime’s inspiration in singing is Lauryn Hill.
Lime’s Debut as a Member of Viva Girls
Before debuting as a Hello Venus member, Lime almost debuted as a member of Viva Girls. Viva Girls should have debuted in 2012, but their agency, Media Line, had financial issues and eventually had to go bankrupt. At that time, the girls who were supposed to be members of Viva Girls were 9muses’s Kyungri, Dalshabet’s Woohee, Stellar’s Hyoeun, and WJSN’s Exy and Seola. So, all these girls had left their respective groups for Soyumi, a member of the now disbanded group Kiss & Cry. However, in the end, the group did not come to fruition and all members left the company.
In fact, they have been training to prepare for their debut but unfortunately, their debut never happened and all the members left the agency. Still, many netizens regretted that; if they were in the right agency, Viva Girls could have become a pretty famous girl group at that time. Because, after all, all the girls are members of quite popular groups, and they have demonstrated great abilities. Want to find out about their dance practice as Viva Girls? Check this out!
Lime’s Debut as a Member of Hello Venus
After deciding to leave Media Line, Lime joined Tricell Media and in 2012 she debuted with other girls, Alice, Nara, Yoo Ara, Yoonjo, and Yooyoung as Hello Venus. They debuted with the lead single “Venus” from their debut extended play of the same name on May 9th, 2012. In July 2014, Fantagio and Pledis ended their Tricell Media joint venture. Yooara and Yoonjo remained under Pledis, with the other four members continuing their group activities under Fantagio. In October 2014, Fantagio introduced two new members, Seoyoung and Yeoreum.
In Hello Venus, Lime occupied the position of a rapper, playing dancer, and lead vocalist. Hello Venus was officially announced with a teaser image, along with the opening of an official website. The final group, consisted of six members, containing two members from Pledis, Yoo Ara and Yoonjo, and four members from Fantagio, Alice, Nara, Lime, and Yooyoung. Hello Venus released their debut mini-album, Venus on May 9th, 2012, with a total of four tracks including the lead single “Venus.”
On December 20th, 2014, the Entertainment agency announced the group’s comeback with the release of their fifth digital single “Wiggle Wiggle,” a song produced by Brave Brothers. With the release of the song “Wiggle Wiggle,” the name Hello Venus became increasingly known by K-Pop fans around the world. Hello Venus used a sexy concept but still showed their adorable side.
However, on April 26th, 2019, it was confirmed that the group will disband after the members’ contracts expire on May 8th, 2019.
Lime’s English-Speaking Ability
Lime is a member of Hello Venus who has the ability to speak English well. She has demonstrated the ability to speak English on various occasions, and many people have admitted that Lime does have very good English skills.
Check this out!
Lime has participated in Hello Venus songs from 2012 to 2017 and has always received a lot of praise from her fans because she has her own distinctive style when doing rap.
- Venus – Release Date: May 9th, 2012.
- What Are You Doing? – Release Date: December 12th, 2012
- Would You Stay for Tea? – Release Date: May 2nd, 2013
- I’m Ill – Release Date: July 22nd, 2015
- Mystery of Venus – Release Date: January 11th, 2017
- Venus – 2012
- What Are You Doing? – 2012
- Would You Stay for Tea? – 2012
- Sticky Sticky – 2014
- Wiggle Wiggle – 2015
- I’m Ill – 2015
- Glow -2016
- Paradise -2016
- Runway – 2016
- Mysterious – 2017
In 2018, Lime released her latest solo single, “Miss You,” which is a collaboration with JERO. The release of Lime’s solo single, “Miss You,” was announced through FM201.8-07Hz Fantagio. FM201.8-07Hz is a music project created by Fantagio for their artists who want to present music with different styles and play the genre they want to try. In this song, Lime collaborated with JERO, and together they made a relaxing summer duet.
Lime, along with other Hello Venus members, has appeared in several reality shows, such as Singderella (2017), Let’s Go! Dream Team II: The 2015 CISM World Games Special (2015), Idol Battle (2014), Weekly Idol (2013), Hello Beauty School (2013), SBS MTV Diary, with NU’EST (2013), and Birth of Venus ( 2012).