Introducing KBS2’s Hello Counselor
Hello Counselor is a popular variety show has been airing on KBS2 since in 2010, and has been hosted by four MCs. A few years after the show’s debut,, actor Choi Tae-joon joined the show as a host, replacing the previous host, Jung Chan-woo, who left the show.
Check out the article below to find out more about the talk show, Hello Counselor!
KBS2’s Hello Counselor is a talk show that invites regular people, and also idols, to join the show. Hello Counselor gives people the opportunity to share and discuss their stories, and the public and the celebrities who came on the show get a chance to express their thoughts.
The show debuted in November 22, 2010, and there have been 394 episodes, as of December 2018.
Hello Counselor (안녕하세요) is a variety and talk show presented by a popular MC, such as Shin Dong-yup, Lee Young-ja and CulTwo (Kim Tae-hyun and Jung Chan-woo), and actor Choi Tae-joon joined the show as a host on August 29, 2016. The previous MC, Jung Chan-woo, left the show after eight years after the broadcast on April 23, 2018, for health reasons.
As reported from Soompi, Jung Chan-woo left the show after being diagnosed with panic disorder. He needed to take a break from all his activities to protect his health.
The official statement from Jung Chan-woo’s agency was released on April 16, 2018, saying that he had already been suffering from diabetes and tinnitus for a long time, and when he went to the hospital, his symptoms became more severe as he was also diagnosed with panic disorder.
Meanwhile, another MC who had joined Hello Counselor since August 29, 2016, Choi Tae-joon, also announced his departure from the show on August 31, 2017, through the live show on V App. He said that the reason why he was leaving the show was because he wanted to focus on his acting career.
There are many idols and celebrities that become guests on the show. Here are the some of the idols who appeared on the episodes that reached the highest ratings:
Red Velvet’s Joy & Yeri
EXO’s Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Chen
HOMME Lee Hyun & Changmin
Girls Day Sojin & Yura
FIESTAR’s Cao Lu
APINK’s Jung Eunji
CNBLUE’s Jung Yonghwa
WJSN Bona & Cheng Xiao
Andy Lee Shinhwa
INFINITE’s Nam Woohyun
Top 5 Episodes
Here are the five episodes of Hello Counselor that reached the highest ratings!
- April 2015, EXO & Red Velvet
On episode 220, EXO’s Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Chen appeared as guests on Hello Counselor, along with two members of Red Velvet, their sister-group from SM Entertainment, Yeri and Joy. It was reported that it had the highest rating of any episode, reaching 6.3%m and gained 7.2% the viewers from Seoul.
- June 29, 2015, K.Will, Homme (Lee Hyun, Changmin), AOA (Choa & Mina), & July 6, 2015, Lee Ki-chan, Lee Ji-hye, Girls’ Day (Sojin & Yura)
Episodes 231 & 232 also had a high rating, that reached 169 votes with a story of “Husband Like Fire”
- April 11, 2016, Han Go-eun, Kim Sung-kyung, Jung Yong-hwa (CNBLUE), Kwanghee (ZE:A), April 18, 2016 , Kim Kyung-sik, Jung Kyung-mi, Fiestar (Cao Lu, Hyemi), Park Bo-ram, & April 25, 2016, Oh Young-shi, Hong Jin-kyung, Tei, Jung Eun-ji (Apink)
On episodes 270-272 had a high rating that reached 179 votes with a story of “Find My Husband”
- January 16, 2017, Jeong Ga-eun, Cosmic Girls (Cheng Xiao, Bona)
On episode 308, it had a high rating that reached 174 votes with a story of “Should I Get Divorced?”
- May 2, 2016, Jo Gap-kyung, Yang Jae-jin, Kim Sae-rom, Lee Se-jin, May 9, 2016, Hong Seok-cheon, Pyo Jin-in, Wax, DinDin, May 16, 2016, Yoon Bok-in, Hyun Young, Andy Lee (Shinhwa), Jeong Jinwoon (2AM), Wooshin (UP10TION), May 23, 2016, Lee Sang-min, Sung Dae-hyun, Park Sang-hee, Chung Dong-ha, May 30, 2016, Im Jung-eun, Defconn, Nam Woo-hyun (Infinite), Jo Jeong-min
Episodes 273, 274, 275, 276, and 277 reached 181 votes with a story of “Let’s End It”
Well, there’s all the information about KBS2’s Hello Counselor, and don’t forget to watch the new episodes in every Monday!