Meet The South Korean Idol From JYP Entertainment
Jackson Wang is the Hong Kong rapper, singer, and dancer also debuted with GOT7 under JYP Entertainment. He also becomes popular after appeared on Roommate, the Korean reality television, and active as a solo artist and television host.
Let’s get to know him on this Channel-Korea below! Stay reading!
Stage Name: Jackson (잭슨)
English Name: Jackson Wang
Birth Name: Wang Jia Er / Wang Ka Yee (王嘉爾)
Birthday: March 28, 1994
Zodiac sign: Aries
Height: 174 cm (5’9″)
Weight: 63 kg (139 lbs)
Blood Type: O
Youtube: Jackson Wang
Facebook: Jackson Wang
- – Jackson is born in Hong Kong.
- – He has a parent and one older brother.
- – He graduated from American International School and finished up to the 11th grade.
- – His characters are outgoing, playful but serious, perseverance.
- – He was a former member of the Fencing National Team in Hong Kong.
- – He started fencing at the age of ten.
- – He ever becomes the fencing team to the 2010 National Youth Olympics, but not win.
- – He won first place in the Asian Junior and Cadet Fencing Championship in 2011.
- – His parents are doing sport professionally.
- – Jackson Chinese zodiac sign is Wolf/Dog.
- – His mother, Zhou Ping is a gold medalist in the World Gymnastic Championship.
- – Jackson has ADHD when he was a child.
- – Jackson become a JYP trainee on July 3, 2011.
- – He becomes a trainee for 2.5 years.
- – He participated in Mnet Who is Next (W.I.N) on 2013
- – His nickname is Mandu or “Wild & Sexy”.
- – Jackson also has known as Wang Gae or Wang Puppy.
- – Jackson is fluent in English, Cantonese, Mandarin, and Korean.
- – Jackson loves chocolate, dim sum, spaghetti carbonara, chicken, and hamburgers.
- – He really likes cheese.
- – He has hobbies in dancing, rapping, beatboxing.
- – He likes adventure activities such as climbing, skydiving, and bungee jumping.
- – He loves volunteering to pays for meals, drinks, etc.
- – His favorite artist is Dr. Dre, G-unit, 50 cents, Lloyd Banks.
- – He loves to watch Miracle in Cell No. 7.
- – Black is his favorite color.
- – He wants to visit India.
- – His role model is member 2 PM.
- – He has a rumor that he has a tattoo on his back of his name.
- – He was part of writing and composing the “Boom x3 for the Flight log: Turbulence album.
- – Jackson took part in writing and composing “Shopping Mall” and “Out” for their Flight Log: Arrival album.
- – His motto: “Never give up on something you can’t live a day without. Never say you can’t before you try.”
- – His religion is Christianity.
- – Jackson wrote on the rapping section for “U GOT Me” on GOT7’s “Got Love” album.
- – Jackson also co-wrote the song “Boom” in the Turbulence album.
- – He shared a room with JB but now has a separate room.
- – Jackson loves to get selfies in the bathroom.
- – Jackson grew up in the same neighborhood with NCT‘s Lucas. (Running Man China)
- – He’s close with f(x)’s Amber and Super Junior-M’s Henry, KARA‘s Youngji, Lay (EXO), Jooheon (Monsta X), Lu Han, Kris Wu, Tao, RM (BTS), Casper (ex Cross Gene member), Prince MaK (former member of JJCC, etc.
- – He appeared in “Celebrity Bromance” with Jooheon of Monsta X.
- –Jackson has astigmatism.
- – On 25 August 2017 Jackson made his solo debut with an English song called “Papillon”.
- – On 30 November 2017 Jackson released his 2nd solo single called Okay.
- – Jackson is the rap mentor of Idol Producer in Chinese Produce 101.
- – Jackson become a dance mentor with Luhan on a Chinese tv show “Hot Blood Dance Crew” and his team (with Luhan) won the show against dance mentors Willam Chan and Victoria Song‘s team.
- – Jackson was featured on Madamme Tussauds Hong Kong on December 17, 2018
- – Jackson won “Choice Next Big Thing” at the 2018 Teen Choice Awards.
- – Jackson is ranked 35th on TC Candler “The 100 Most Handsome Faces of 2018”.
- – His ideal type is someone who finds themselves suitable for each other.
Jackson is born in Kowloon Tong, British Hong Kong on 28 March 1994 and living in Sha Tin District, New Territories. He becomes involved in fencing training at the age of ten while his parents also professional athletes.
Jackson got scouted by a representative of South Korean talent agency, JYP Entertainment, and invited to attend the auditions in Kowloon. He gets passed in December 2010. He actually got a scholarship to Stanford University for fencing but turn it down and moved to Seoul to do K-Pop training.
Debut With GOT7
Jackson started as a trainee in summer 2011, and after 2.5 years of training, he debuted as a member of GOT7 with the single “Girls Girls Girls” released on January 16, 2014, in the album Got It.
Jackson has various solo activities besides his activity as a GOT7 member. He appeared in the variety show Roommate in SBS and many more variety shows as Star King, Law of the Jungle, Happy Together, Radio Star, Problematic Men, Our Neighborhood Arts and Physical Education, Saturday Night Live Korea, A Look At Myself, and others.
Jackson is also ever become an MC for Inkigayo, SBS Music Show. Jackson is also debut in Chinese television as a presenter on the Chinese show “Please Take Care of My Refrigerator, MC for Fresh Sunday, and starred in the show Fighting Man.
Later on, Jackson Wang is released his solo single called “Okay, where he wrote the lyrics, composed, arranged songs together with Boytoy. He also becomes an envoy of Hong Kong Tourism on February 9, 2018.
Recently on March 20, 2020, he wrote a new self-written single “100 Ways” which is mixing western and Chinese culture. He also collaborated with the Swedish duo, Galantis to release an EDM single titled “Pretty Please”.
- The Cultural Appropriation Controversy Surrounding Jackson Wang’s Dreads
That’s all about Jackson Wang’s journey and entertainment career. Keep supporting him all the way. Don’t forget to give your comment and share your thoughts below!