The Dazzling Visual of Golden Child—Tag!
As we are all aware, Woolim’s boy group Golden Child is full of charismatic visuals. From the boyish fresh look to the noona stealer, the group has it all! One of the members who catch viewers’ attention since the beginning of W Project, the show where all Woolim trainees were introduced and showcased, is Son Young-taek, who later debuted by the name Tag. He appeared in the second episode of the W Project and later became the main rapper of Golden Child. With his striking visual, it is no wonder that he became everyone’s favorite.
Are you curious to dig deeper into his charm? Scroll down this article below to find out everything about him!
Full Profile of Golden Child’s Tag
- Stage Name: Tag (태그)
- Birth Name: Son Young-taek (손영택)
- Position: Main Rapper, Vocalist
- Birthday: April 13th, 1998
- Zodiac Sign: Aries
- Height: 178 cm (5’10″)
- Weight: 60 kg (132 lbs)
- Blood Type: O
Interesting Facts about Golden Child’s Tag
- He was born in Gyeongi-do, Hwaseong, South Korea
- Formerly, he was a trainee of KeyEast Entertainment
- Just like Jaeseok (ex-Golden Child), he is also a former member of I.D.
- He first debuted in 2013/2014 as a member of a group called I.D. which sadly had to disband shortly afterward
- He joined Woolim in 2015
- Gangster, Taegeu, and Byeongari are some of his nicknames
- He appeared in the second episode of the W Project
- Japanese is one of the languages that he is good at
- He started his first year of high school late because he was living in Japan
- Together with Jaehyun, Bomin, and Joochan, he attended the same school, which is Hanlim Multi Art High School
- He studied contemporary dance when he was young
- He shares a room with Jibeom and Jaehyun in the dorm
- He wrote his own rap lyrics
- He likes to wear hats
- He has a 4D personality
- He adores tree squirrels
- The width of his shoulders is 49.5 cm
- He has a flexible body and can do splits
- He likes all colors, especially pink
- He doesn’t like spicy food and Sundae soup
- He is a fan of One Piece
- He likes sweets such as candies, cola, and soda
- Twenty-One Pilots, Coldplay, and OASIS are some of his favorite bands
- He idolizes Big Bang, Chris Brown, Ludacris, Busta Rhymes
- He admires WINNER’s Lee Seung-hoon and EXO’s Sehun
- He is a fan of SEVENTEEN because he likes their songs and choreographies
- He is close with HOTSHOT‘s Ha Sung-woon, STRAY KIDS’ Changbin, ATEEZ‘s Wooyoung, TXT‘s Yeonjun, THE BOYZ‘ Haknyeon, BDC‘s Kim Sihun, and MOMOLAND‘s Nancy
- He is a huge fan of rapper Giriboy
- Together with Jangjun and BéE, he released a song titled “Drought” during the W Project
- He is best friends with his fellow member Seungmin
- He likes to make fun of Seungmin with Jangjun
- According to the testimony of the members, he had a lot of troubles and stubbornness when he was a trainee
- He loves mafia games very much
- In the group, his jersey number is 7
- He chose jersey number 7 because according to him, the number 7 is the lucky number and Golden Child debuted in 2017
- If he wasn’t an idol, he would want to be a vet
Tag’s Official Debut with Golden Child
Before debuting with Golden Child, Tag was a former KeyEast Entertainment trainee and he made his debut in 2013/2014 as a member of a group called I.D. which sadly had to disband shortly afterward. After I.D. disbanded, he then joined Woolim in 2015.
He was first introduced in the second episode of W Project, the show where all Woolim trainees were introduced and showcased. Together with Jangjun and BéE, he released a song titled “Drought” during the episode where he appeared.
In June 2017, Woollim Entertainment announced that they would be debuting the second boy group after Infinite, Golden Child (abbreviated as GNCD or GolCha). They have also released a number of recent photos for the members of the group and introduced each member of the 11-member line-up. The group has already had a prior fan base due to their appearance in the reality show 2017 Woollim Pick.
Tag was the 8th member to be introduced through the concept video.
On August 28th, 2017, the group released the song “Dam Da Di” which is the title track of their first mini-album Gol-Cha! which contains an intro and five songs. Golden Child’s debut title track is “Dam Da Di,” composed by Yeah Nice, Gavin, and JayJay, with Tag and Jangjun writing their own rap lyrics. The song is a youthful, energetic, medium tempo song that has successfully won many hearts from the listeners.
Upon the first year of their debut, the group’s mini-album managed to win first place in one of Japan’s largest record companies, namely the Tower Records’ Daily Chart. Not only that, but in 2018, just one year after their debut, the group even scored a performance at KCON NY 2018, KCON LA 2018, and also at KCON Thailand 2018.
Golden Child’s Tag’s Visual and Personality
Tag has a striking and dazzling visual with wide shoulders (49.5 cm) and a really small and proportional face. His body also gave clue that his physical condition was great, with the limbs that are thin and long. In terms of appearance, he received positive reviews for gorgeous styling. He likes to wear colorful accessories such as piercings so that his appearance on the stage stands out.
Looking at his appearance, he looks intelligent and cold, but in reality, he is very clumsy. He has made many mistakes of either falling or slipping. So, the contrast between his rapper persona and real-life personality is big.
According to the testimony of the members, he had a lot of troubles and stubbornness when he was a trainee. At that time, the members took care of him a lot, so now he considers the members’ importance better than anyone else.
Beneath his tough style, he is an innocent person and he trusts others easily. He also surprisingly sheds a lot of tears during emotional moments.