Did you watch Reply 1988?
If you watched the drama, you will recognize Go Kyung-pyo’s face. Go Kyung-pyo is an actor and comedian in South Korea. He was born on June 11, 1990. He started his career in 2010 under CL& Company. His debut role was in Jungle Fish season 2. Go Kyung-pyo gained popularity because of a drama called Reply 1988, where he had a role as Sung Sun-woo. He got an award “New Star Award” at the 2016 SBS Drama Awards in 2016 for his role Don’t Dare to Dream.
Let’s find out more about Go Kyung-pyo.
Go Kyung-pyo’s Profile and Facts
Name : Go Kyung-pyo (고경표)
Birth Date : June 11, 1990
Birth Place : Incheon, South Korea
Height : 184 cm
Weight : 70 kg
Profession : Actor and Comedian
Education : Konkuk University
Company : CL& Company
- Go Kyung-pyo was born in Incheon, South Korea
- His star sign is Gemini
- He graduated from Konkuk University
- He began his acting career in 2010 by playing a role in a drama called Jungle Fish season 2
- Actually before his debut, he had already appeared in a TV Show called Nicole the Entertainer’s
Introduction to Veterinary Science
- He was a cast in Saturday Night Live season 1 – 3
- He went to Africa with Park Bo-gum, Ryu Jun-yeol, and Ahn Jae-hong in a TV Show called Youth Over Flowers
- He cried in the first episode of Youth Over Flowers
- On that show, he bought and wore a women’s shirt because is cheap
- His fellow cast member, Ryu Jun-yeol said that he looks like Olaf (the snowman character in Frozen)
- He stars alongside Gong Hyo-jin and Jo Jung-suk in the 2016 SBS television series Jealousy Incarnate
- He held an event for his fans. He and his fans watched the latest episode of Jealousy Incarnate together.
- Park Bo-gum made a surprise visit to his event
- He is really close to Park Bo-gum. They Go and Park have starred together in The Admiral, Tomorrow’s Cantabile, Answer Me 1988, and Youth Over Flowers.
List of Go Kyung-pyo’s Dramas
Go Kyung-pyo has starred in 15 dramas since his debut in 2010. He made his debut in Jungle Fish – Season 2 as Bong Il-Tae. In 2012, he starred in 3 dramas God’s Quiz – Season 3, Standby, and Operation Proposal. In 2015, he got a role as Sung Sun-woo in Reply 1988. He gained popularity through that drama because it had big success and high ratings. His latest drama is Cross. He played the role of Kang In-gyu.
|2010||Jungle Fish – Season 2||Bong Il-tae||KBS2|
|2011||I Believe in Love||Kwon Pil-young|
|2012||Operation Proposal||Song Chan-wook||TV Chosun|
|God’s Quiz – Season 3||Seo In-gak||OCN||Guest, episodes 10-12|
|2013||Flower Boys Next Door||Oh Dong-hoon||tvN|
|Potato Star 2013QR3||Noh Min-hyuk|
|2014||Naeil’s Cantabile||Yoo Il-rak||KBS2|
|2015||Warm and Cozy||Jung-min||MBC||Guest, episodes 1-2|
|2015-2016||Reply 1988||Sung Sun-woo||tvN|
|2016||Don’t Dare to Dream||Go Jung-won||SBS|
|2017||Chicago Typewriter||Yoo Jin-oh||tvN|
|Strongest Deliveryman||Choi Kang-soo||KBS2|
|The Best Moment to Quit Your Job||Lee Min-woo||Web-drama||Cameo|
List of Go Kyung-pyo’s Movies
Go Kyung-pyo began his career on big screen in 2011. One year after his debut drama was airing, he had already starred in a movie. The movie is the adaptation of his debut drama Jungle Fish, where he played the role of Bong Il-Tae. He also appeared in several short films. So far, he has already shot 13 movies from his debut until early 2018.
His workmate, actor Choi Min-shik, praised him because of his acting in the movie The Admiral: Roaring Currents. He said “I still can’t forget his teary face.”
|2011||Jungle Fish 2||Bong Il-tae|
|2012||Graduation Trip||short film|
|A Millionaire on the Run||Hyung-chul|
|2013||The Story of Man & Woman||short film|
|Horror Stories 2||Go Byung-shin||segment: “The Escape”|
|2014||One Summer Night||Joon-ki||short film|
|Man on High Heels||Jin-woo|
|The Admiral: Roaring Currents||Oh Duk-yi|
|2015||Casa Amor: Exclusive for Ladies||Pyo Kyeong-soo||cameo|
|Coin Locker Girl||Chi-do|
|The Treacherous||Grand Prince Jinseong|
|2018||Seven Years of Night||Seo-won|
Go Kyung-pyo’s TV Shows
Before Kyung-pyo made his debut in a drama, he had already appeared on a TV Show called Nicole the Entertainer’s Introduction to Veterinary Science that was airing on Mnet. In 2011, Kyung-pyo was announced as one of the cast members of Saturday Night Live Korea. He stayed on that variety show from season 1 until season 3.
In 2016, after Reply 1988 hit a big success, the four cast members of that drama (including Go Kyung-pyo) got the chance to travel to Africa through a program Youth Over Flowers: Africa. Go Kyung-pyo, Park Bo-gum, Ryu Jun-yeol, and Ahn Jae-hong showed their friendship and chemistry on the show. They went to several destinations in Africa.
|2009||Nicole the Entertainer’s
Introduction to Veterinary Science
|2011-2012||Saturday Night Live Korea||tvN||Cast member (seasons 1-3)|
|2016||Youth Over Flowers: Africa||Cast member|