The Beautiful Talented Actress, Gil Eun-hye
For those of you who like to watch the Korean drama Angel’s Last Mission, you are certainly no stranger to the character Geum Ru-na. In the drama, Geum Ru-na is portrayed as a really loving sister of Ni-na (played by Kim Bo-mi) and did many cunning things that endangered Lee Yeon-soo (played by Shin Hye-sun). Geum Ru-na herself is played by the beautiful, talented actress Gil Eun-hye.
There is certainly no question for Gil Eun-hye’s acting since she has proved it with many popular dramas like School 2013 and Orange Marmalade. Not to mention, her beautiful face makes her look even more charming. Are you curious about this beauty? Take a peek at her full profile below!
Full profile of Gil Eun-hye
- First Name: Eun Hye
- Family Name: Gil
- Native name: 길은혜
- Nationality: South Korean
- Gender: Female
- Born: Busan, October 5, 1988
- Education: Konkuk University – Arts and Film Major
- Years active: 1999-present
- Agent: Jump Entertainment
- Television appearances: School 2013 (KBS2/2012-2013), Nail Shop Paris (MBC Queen, 2013), The Noblesse (JTBC, 2013–2014), Rosy Lovers (MBC / 2014-2015), Orange Marmalade (KBS2 / 2015), Temperature of Love (SBS / 2017), Coffee, Do Me a Favor (Channel A / 2018-2019), Angel’s Last Mission (KBS2 / 2019)
- Film appearances: Tell Me Something (1999), Roommates (2006), Mother (2009), Little Black Dress (2011), Horror Stories 2 (2013), There Is No Antidote (2013)
- Instagram: @euns2yong
Gil Eun-hye’s Fun Facts that You Need to Know
- Gil Eun-hye made her debut as a child actress in the movie Tell Me Something in 1999
- Gil Eun-hye has a youthful face as she was born in 1988 but still looks like a teenager
- Gil Eun-hye often played antagonist characters in dramas
- Gil Eun-hye was close to Kim Bo-mi, who portrayed her sister Geum Ni-na in Angel’s Last Mission (2019)
- Viewers hated Gil Eun-hye for her vicious iljin role in the drama School 2013
- Gil Eun-hye originally auditioned for the role of the main character for School 2013, but the role didn’t work well, and she was cast in another role
- Gil Eun-hye was struggling at first to portray the iljin role in School 2013
- Gil Eun-hye originally did not intend to jump into acting (it was her sister who enrolled in the acting academy first), but then she followed her sister and started acting after being suggested by the academy official (and her sister turned out to be an office worker because acting didn’t suit her sister)
- If Gil Eun-hye didn’t become an actress, she wanted to be a teacher
- Gil Eun-hye briefly stopped acting when going to the art school, but she then realized her dream and then resumed her passion for acting
- Gil Eun-hye studied Chinese because she wanted to challenge herself in China someday
- Gil Eun-hye felt quite lonely when acting in Orange Marmalade
- After her appearance in Orange Marmalade, Gil Eun-hye learned mixed martial arts and practiced 2-3 times a week for an hour
- Gil Eun-hye likes to exercise and kickboxing
- Gil Eun-hye said that on the outside, she looked calm and cold, but I am active when she is close to people
- Gil Eun-hye wants to play in a sitcom after seeing Hwang Jung-eum’s performance in the High Kick series
- Gil Eun-hye is often said to resembled actress Lee Eung-gyeong, Nam Sang-mi, and So Lee-hyun
- In-School 2013’s Special, Let’s Go to School, three actors, including Gil Eun-hye, wore a black mini dress instead of a school uniform and showed off their S-line body
- It is said that Gil Eun-hye was a close friend with Choi Chang-yeop because the camera accidentally caught her cheering for him in MBC’s Infinite Challenge
- At MBC We Got Married, Gil Eun-hye was invited to Park Se-young‘s wedding reception with actor Jeon Soo-jin as it has been said that all three of them are keeping a close friendship after appeared School 2013
- When describing her ideal type, Gil Eun-hye said, “An honest man is good”
- Gil Eun-hye often communicates with her fans by posting travel, food, and daily photos on Instagram
- Gil Eun-hye likes mellow and thriller movies
- Gil Eun-hye wants to play the same role as Son Ye-jin in the movie Classic
- Being a deep actress who could portray many roles is her dream
From Movies to Dramas: Gil Eun-hye’s Acting Journey
Gil Eun-hye’s career in acting began when she followed her sister to enroll in an acting academy after the academy official suggested that she joined. Then, she starred and made her debut as a child in the 1999 movie Tell Me Something, which became the first Korean film that successful abroad. Not long after that, she focused on her studies in art school and briefly stopped her acting career. She just started acting again when she realized that it has always been her passion.
When she started again, she had some burden because of ‘Shim Eun-ha’s child role’ attached to her a lot, and people got a high expectation. She then took a small role in various films such as Roommates (2006), Mother (2009), and Little Black Dress (2011) before landing her first public drama appearances in School 2013.
She was cast for the role in 2012. She didn’t know what role it was until she got the first script. It wasn’t until the first filming that she got to know it. Viewers hated her for portraying a villain character, but she showed her good acting skills and gained recognition thanks to this drama.
She then continued to play in various dramas such as Nail Shop Paris (MBC Queen, 2013), The Noblesse (JTBC, 2013–2014), and Rosy Lovers (MBC / 2014-2015) before landing her second big role in Orange Marmalade (KBS2/2015) where she made a deep impression by playing a villain again.
She then continued to play a normal role in various dramas until the 2019 KBS2 Drama Angel’s Last Mission, where she played Geum Lu-na and received attention for playing the strongest villain so far.