Meet the Beautiful Comedian Shin Bo-ra!
Shin Bo-ra is known as a South Korean comedian that is a member of KBS2’s variety show titled Gag Concert. She had worked as the third member of the South Korean gospel group Heritage Mass Choir (헤리티지) since 2007 for four years. In 2010, she made her entertainment debut on Gag Concert as she joined the group of the 25th class with 11 other members. And in 2012, she joined as the member of the gag-singers group Brave Guys till 2013.
In this article, we will provide you with a detailed rundown of everything about Shin Bo-ra; from her profile till her latest news. Let’s start with her profile first!
Shin Bo-ra’s Profile
Real name: Shin Bo-ra
Hangul name: 신보라
Date of Birth: March 17th, 1987
Birthplace: Okpo-dong, Geoje-si, Gyeongsangnam-do, South Korea
Age: 32 years old
Height: 164 cm
Star sign: Pisces
Blood type: A
Religion: Protestant (Presbyterian)
Education: Gyeryong Elementary School, Geoje Middle School, Geoje High School, Department of Journalism and Communications in Kyunghee University
Agency: YMC Entertainment
Family: Parents, 1 older brother, cousin Yoo Hee-yeol, husband (born in 1987)
Participation in groups: Heritage Mass Choir (2007-2011), Brave Guys (2012-2013), 25th class of Gag Concert (2010-2015)
Shin Bo-ra’s Fun Facts
Here is a list of Shin Bo-ra’s fun facts that we should know about her:
- She is the youngest in her family.
2. Shin Bo-ra is Yoo Hee-yeol’s younger cousin, the 6th cousin. They did not know at first, but because Yoo Hee-yeol actively performed under the stage name “Toy” for his 7th album Da Capo, Shin Bo-ra’s mother told her about Yoo Hee-yeol being her relative. Shin Bo-ra’s mother told her when she was in middle school. The first time they met was in Seoul when Shin Bo-ra entered college.
3. When she was a student at Geoje High School, she was part of the school’s presidency.
4. She is a good friend of singer Ailee who is under the same agency as her. They have even performed together a few times, including for the show Immortal Song 2.
5. She is also a close friend of the former member of Wonder Girls, Sunye.
6. She has even appeared in Teen Top’s “Miss Right” MV.
Becoming A Comedian
When Shin Bo-ra was in the first semester of her 4th year of college, she secretly tried out to audition as a comedian for KBS2’s Gag Concert and was accepted. She took a break from college, and she made her entertainment debut as a comedian in 2010 on KBS2’s Gag Concert. It is hard to pass for becoming a comedian for Gag Concert, but she revealed that she passed the comedy exam once.
Just for your information, KBS2’s Gag Concert is a South Korean sketch-comedy TV show that has been on the air since 1999 till now, and is the oldest South Korean program show that is still running, according to Wikipedia. For now, KBS2’s Gag Concert has five seasons in total. The comedians of Gag Concert each have their own agency. And Shin Bo-ra entered YMC Entertainment.
There were eight skits that Shin Bo-ra did when she was still attempting to join Gag Concert.
- Gag Concert KBS (슈퍼스타 KBS)
The skit aired from June 13th, 2010 to November 27th, 2011.
2. News Nine-ish (9시쯤 뉴스)
The skit aired from December 26th, 2010 to September 4th, 2011.
3. Discoveries in Life (생활의 발견)
The skit aired from April 17th, 2011 to June 2nd, 2013.
4. Brave Guys (용감한 녀석들)
The skit aired from February 12th, 2012 to March 10th, 2013.
5. Geojedo (거제도)
The skit aired from February 3rd, 2013 to June 16th, 2013.
6. EBS Drama (EBS 드라마)
The skit aired on Seollal (Korean New Year) Special on February 12th, 2013.
7. BBOOM Entertainment (뿜 엔터테인먼트)
The skit aired from July 7th, 2013 to May 25th, 2014.
8. Legends of Legends (전설의 레전드)
The skit aired from July 14th, 2013 to January 12th, 2014.
After 8 skits in which Shin Bo-ra appeared, she left Gag Concert. And many people asked her why she is not on the show anymore. On April 16th, 2015, she explained the reason why she left the comedy show on MBC FM4U’s Sunny’s FM Date. She said, “People are used to seeing me on Gag Concert, and they ask me why I am not on the show anymore. I was always excited about standing on the Gag Concert stage. After putting all my energy into it for five years, I felt less happy about it. I felt that I did not put any soul into it. Speaking with the producers, I told them I wanted to rest and find myself. Thankfully, the producers accepted,” as reported by Allkpop.