All About G.O.D Leader, Joon Park
Joon Park is leader of the K-pop group G.O.D, and is famous for his unique and daring style. His iconic BAAAM, is spreading in Korea and quickly started trending. The performer has an interesting life, and is known to be close with a lot of celebrities, so let’s get to know more about Joon Park.
Profile and Facts
Real Name: Park Joon-hyung
Birthday: July 20, 1969
Education: California State University
Occupation: Actor, Singer
Years Active: 1999 – Present
- He made a Hollywood debut with movie “Dragon Ball Revolution” in 2009.
- During his debut, JYP Entertainment lied about the year he was born. They said he was born in 1975.
- He thinks Kang Ho-dong is cute and like to pinch Ho-dong’s cheek.
- His manager doesn’t like to eat with him, since he only eats the same thing at the restaurant.
- When he gets tired dancing during performances, he always comes to the fans while singing his part.
- He started skateboarding when he was 7 years old.
- He’s close friends with GOT7’s Jackson.
- He get mobbed during filming a show.
- He still can’t speak or hear the Korean language correctly, for some reason.
- He can do a handstand from a pole.
- He gets sinus infections.
- He used to get bullied when he was young.
- During his school days, he pranked teacher in a class by whistling in a unique way.
- He thought “Im Dae Mun Ui” is a name for a rich person, while actually, it’s a term for building.
- He made everyone get in trouble when meeting the president.
- He’s had a dog since he was a kid.
- He was in Janet Jackson If music video.
Joon Park began pursuing a career as an actor when he was back in the United States. He became a successful actor while he was there and still works as an actor in addition to his schedule with G.O.D in Korea. He’s starred in several Korean dramas and also appeared in Korean variety shows as an entertainer.
Let’s take a look at Joon Park’s activity as an actor and entertainer until now as show cast.
|2008||Speed Racer||Yakuza Driver|
|2011||Hero: 108||Mr. No Hands|
|2014||You Are My Destiny||Himself||Cameo|
(One man salesman)
|2014||Roommate||Regular cast, season 2|
|2016||The Friends in Chiang Mai||With Danny Ahn and Ryohei Otani|
|Take a Look At Myself||With Jackson Wang|
|I Can See Your Voice||Seasons 3-5|
Most off Joon Park’s songs are as part of G.O.D. He’s only collaborated with other artists a few times, nor does he seem to have plans to do a solo project anytime soon. Here are some of Joon Park collaboration songs with other artists.
2005 Exposed album – Gotta Clue with Coco Lea
2009 T-Virus album – Memory and Remembrance with Kim Tae-woo, Ho-young and Danny
2018 정규 1집 Part 2 album – 터널 with Paul Kim
Joon Park made an appearance in the 2009 live-action “Dragonball Evolution” alongside many famous actor and actress. That was when Joon Park started to pursue acting in the United States after leaving Korea in 2001.
“Dragonball Evolution” is a 2009 British-American-Hong Kong science fantasy action adventure film directed by James Wong, produced by Brett Ratner, and written by Ben Ramsey. Joon Park starred as Yamcha, a desert bandit. He played alongside Canadian actor Justin Chatwin, Chinese actor Chow Yun-fat, American actress Emmy Rossum and Jamie Chung, American actor James Marsters and many more.
Joon Park was a guest on JTBC “Knowing Brother” twice. The first time he appeared with Lee Soo-min on episode 26, and the second time was on episode 141 with (G)IDLE’s Yuqi, NCT’s Lucas and GOT7’s BamBam.
On episode 26, when the guests were arriving, the MC’s were always happy to see female guests rather than male guests. There was a quiz section to get to know guests trivia information. He was given the nickname of L.A Kim Heung-guk by MC on the show. Most of the time, Joo Park liked to tease about Young-chul’s appearance and pinch Ho-dong’s cheek. Joon Park showed his affection for Kang Ho-dong not just by pinching Ho-dong cheek, he also made a children poem for Kang Ho-dong.
On episode 141, he made a shocking entrance from a window. Joon Park greeted every MC in a daring way, even pinching Kang Ho-dong’s cheek again, like the last time he was on the show. Unlike his first appearance, he shared a lot of funny stories and made everyone laugh because of his style.