Krystal Jung is a member of Korean girl group F(x). She is in charge of visual, lead vocal and also the maknae or the youngest in the group. F(x) is one of the most popular groups in South Korea that debuted in 2009. Although the group was not actually active for a long time, they have their own loyal fans inside and outside Korea. The group originally consisted of five members: Krystal, Amber, Sulli, Victoria and Luna. In August, it was announced that Sulli had officially left the group to focus on acting and left F(x) with four members.
She had the longest period of training compared to the other members. Her long wait finally paid off when she became the most popular member in F(x). Currently, Krystal has a lot of solo activities, mostly acting and modelling for CF. Her popularity is also garnering attention toward her personal life such as her relationship with EXO’s Kai and her equally popular sister, Jessica ex-SNSD’s member.
In this article, Channel Korea will tell you all about Krystal Jung of F(x)!
Krystal Jung’s Profile and Facts
|Birth name||Chrystal Soo Jung|
|Stage name||Krystal Jung|
|Korean name||Jeong Su-jeong (정수정)|
|Birth||October 24, 1994
San Francisco, California, United States
|Language||English, Korean, Japanese, Chinese (basic)|
|Height/Weight||168 cm (5’6″)/48 kg (105 lbs)|
|Education||Korea Kent Foreign School (Middle School), Hallym Entertainment Arts High School|
|Relatives||Jessica Jung (sister)|
- Her Korean name is 정수정 (Jung Soo-Jung), 수정 means crystal in Korea. Her name Krystal, isn’t a made up stage name, it’s her chosen American name when she was born.
- Krystal Jung was born in San Francisco, California, United States on October 24, 1994.
- Jessica Jung, the former member of Girls’ Generation, is her older sister. She always said that Jessica is prettier than her.
- Back in 2000, Krystal and her family took a trip to South Korea and while shopping at a Lotte Department Store, she and her sister, Girls’ Generation’s Jessica, were spotted by a talent agency SM Entertainment, which earned her a cameo appearance in Shinhwa’s “Wedding March” music video.
- SM Entertainment saw potential in both Krystal and Jessica and they were offered a chance to become SM Entertainment trainees. However, the offer was turned down by her parents, reasoning that Krystal was too young. Therefore, her parents at first only allowed Jessica to join the agency who debuted as a member of Girls’ Generation in August 2007. Krystal got cast the earliest among the f(x) members.
- Krystal was then cast in 2006 by SM Entertainment in SM Casting System to become an SM Entertainment trainee. Her parents allowed her to join this time.
- Her father is a boxer and her mother is a gymnast.
- She went to Korea Kent Foreign School and Hanlim Performing Arts High School (graduated). She is currently attending Sungkyunkwan University, majoring in theater.
- She once said that she would rather have people call her by her Korean name, Soo Jung, over Krystal.
- She is friends with actress Park Shin-hye.
- Krystal loves taking selcas. It shows in her aesthetic Instagram posts.
- She has weird tastes because she said that she loves apples but is allergic to them. She really likes mangoes and avocados.
- She is known to be very attentive towards her fans. During an SM Town concert in LA, she signed her name for fans at Sheraton Hotel until a security lady told her to stop.
- Krystal always mentions that even though she is a public figure, she is very shy person. While filming “Amazing f(x)”, she said that doesn’t like being the center of attention.
- She collaborated with June One Kim for a song called “I Don’t Wanna Love You”.
- Christina Aguilera is her role model.
- She was in a relationship with Kai from EXO since March of 2016. Unfortunately, on June 1, 2017, SM Entertainment has confirmed that Krystal has officially ended her relationship with Kai.
- She said that her ideal man is “a man that looks good in horn-rimmed glasses, a white shirt, jeans and black hair while being funny and having their own distinct fragrance.”
- She said that she will pick someone who is uglier than her as her boyfriend, because she doesn’t want her boyfriend have a lot of fans who keep stalking him when they’re dating.
- Krystal and her sister Jessica were both have anemia which is why Krystal fainted three times on stage.
- She admitted that she enjoys window shopping.
- Krystal likes British accents.
- She broke the female high jump record in Dream Team 2 with SHINee’s Minho. She managed to reached 1.9m during the “Yeoja Dream Team” segment (episode where Amber and Luna came to cheer for her) but she did not feeling well at the time. After that she was taken to hospital to check on her condition.
- Among all f(x) members, she has the most amount of CFs experience (counting from the time she was little and after debut).
- In an interview, Kystal admited that for her music is a joy. She’s very enthusiastic when she sings.
- At first, people thought that she was SNSD’s Yoona’s sister since they’re look alike. Many people said that she looks like SNSD’s Yoona and Yuri instead of her sister Jessica.
- She loves wearing hats. Krystal loves hats but she hates it when cool hats are sometimes itchy.
- On her sitcom More Charming By The Day she often said ‘WOW!’
- She always brings body lotion with her in her bag.
- She likes to read English books/magazines. Most of the books in her house are English books.
- One of her favorite foods are burritos, a Mexican food.
- She is taller than her sister, SNSD’s Jessica.
- She has a bear key chain with ‘Harvard University’ written on it.
- She calls her fellow member, Amber, just by her name without ‘unnie’. For her f(x)’s something that very precious
- She hates cucumbers.
- She said that she wants to learn French.
- She doesn’t go to the dorm like the other members; she goes to her house since it’s not too far from their dorm.
- Her favorite song from Chu~ album is “You’re My Destiny”.
- UKISS’ Dongho is her classmate.
- According to Luna, her Korean pronunciation really sounds like English.
- SS501’s Kim Hyun Joong stated that she’s prettier than her sister.
- Doesn’t want a romantic love story, she prefers a normal kind of love.
- She would choose a puppy as her pet.
- Thinks that Audrey Hepburn is close to perfection.
- Krystal once said “people would think Amber is weird when she speaks Thai, because Thai people thought: why is this boy talking like a girl?”. Krystal had been to Bangkok once when she was 6 years old.
- Krystal appeared in SHINee’s “Juliette” MV.
- Krystal’s voice sounds more mature than her sister Jessica of SNSD.
- She prefers to wears sneakers.