All you Need to Know About Kang Ji-hwan
Kang Ji-hwan was born by the name Jo Tae-gyu on March 20, 1977. He is a South Korean actor. At first, he started acting in musical theatre, and has since starred in television dramas such as Be Strong, Geum-soon! (2005), Capital Scandal (2007), and Hong Gil-dong (2008), as well as in the films Rough Cut (2008) and My Girlfriend Is an Agent (2009).
He has mostly appeared in romantc comedy movies and dramas. One of the most popular was ‘Lie to Me’, where he played the lead alongside actress Yoon Eun Hye. He is also interested in computer and digital things, and he has a good sense in designing. He aims to become a natural actor with his own unique taste, not shifting from his own unique traits. People often see him as a strong, tough, and very talented actor, but deep inside he is a thinker and is cautious.
Kang Ji-hwan’s Profile
Born name: Jo Tae-gyu
Birthday: March 20, 1977 (age 41)
Birthplace: Seoul, South Korea
Years active: 2001–present
Agent: Jellyfish Entertainment
University: Hoseo University
Weight: 73 kg
Blood Type: B
- The first drama musical Kang Ji-hwan started his acting career starring in were popular drama musicals in their era, such as The Rocky Horror Show dan Grease.
2. He once was cast in a cameo role playing a gay couple with Han Ji Hye in the 2003 popular drama, Summer Scent. He only appeared in episode 20.
3. Kang Ji-hwan was cast for the lead actor in Faith, but it got canceled because of an issue with his former agency, Jambo Entertainment. The lead actor was changed to Lee Min ho.
4. Rough Cut was produced by Kang Ji-hwan and So Ji-sub as they invested part of their money to make a low budget movie. Surprisingly, Rough Cut turned out to be very popular.
5. Kang was the actor in music video “Just Let It Go” by Kim Hyung-jun.
6. Although he is now a popular drama actor, he never forgot the theater, which made his name bigger, and he returned to the stage in 2010 through Cafe In.
7. Kang Ji-hwan is one of a few drama actors who achieved prestigious awards such as Blue Dragon, Baeksang Arts, Grand Bell, Busan Film Critics, Korean Association of Film Critics, and Korean Film Awards.
8. He was on hiatus from playing in dramas for a year, and had a comeback in 2016 for MBC’s drama, Monster.
9. His popularity was affected by his appearance in Hong Gil-dong. He was inspired by Chinese actor Stephen Chow.
10. Besides Sung Yu-ri, Kang Ji-hwan has worked with actress Kim Ha neul two times, in the drama ’90 Days, Time to Love’ and the film ‘My Girlfriend Is an Agent’.
Kang Ji-hwan’s Relationship Status
Until now, there has been no official statement about his relationship status or any dating rumors. Before, he once said that his ideal type was a funny girl who has the same character as him, but currently he is more into a courteous, genteel, kind girls with feminine taste. He likes it when girls wears a simple and pretty dress, and are modest.
On top of that, he always loves it when a girl is respectful to older people and takes care of them. He believes that if she treats her parents right, she will also treat her parents in law well.
Kang Ji-hwan is always thoughtful when it comes to marriage. He always wanted to get married, and have children. That’s why he changed his ideal type into a more mature type who is wife and mother materials.
But, because of his acting career, his family knows that it is not easy for idols to get married, moreover to balance acting and marriage. Kang said that one day when his time comes to get married, he want to dye his hair and get piercings with his children together.
We hope Kang Ji-hwan will find his dream woman, and build a happy family!
Kang Ji-hwan’s Filmography
Heartbreak Hotel | Taeyangeul Hyanghae Sswara (2014) – John
Runway Cop | Cha Hyungsa (2012) – Detective Cha Chul-Soo
The Relation of Face, Mind and Love | Eolgulgwa Maeumgwa Sarangui Gwangye (2009) – Kang Tae-Pung
My Girlfriend is an Agent | 7Keup Kongmuwon (2009) – Lee Jae-Joon
Rough Cut | Yeonghwanun Yeonghwada (2008) – Jang Su-Ta
Host & Guest | Bangmunja (2005) – Gye-sang
Children of A Lesser God | Jakeun Shinui Aideul (OCN / 2018) – Cheon Jae-In
Monster (MBC / 2016) – Lee Kook-Chul / Kang Ki-Tan
Big Man (KBS2 / 2014) – Kim Ji-Hyeok
Incarnation of Money | Donui Hwashin (SBS / 2013) – Lee Cha-Don
Lie to Me | Naege Geotjitmaleul Haebwa (SBS / 2011) – Hyun Ki-Joon
Coffee House | Keopi Hawooseu (SBS / 2010) – Lee Jin-Soo
Hong Gil-Dong, The Hero | Kwaedo Honggildong (KBS2 / 2008) – Hong Gil-Dong
Scandal in Old Seoul | Kyeongseong Seukaendeul (KBS2 / 2007) – Seon Woo-Wan
90 Days, Time to Love | 90 il, sarang hal sigan (MBC / 2006-2007) – Hyun Ji-Seok
Fireworks | Boolkkotnoli (MBC / 2006) – Na In-Jae
Be Strong, Geum-Soon! | 굳세어라 금순아 (MBC / 2005)
Save the Last Dance With Me | Majimak Chumeun Nawa Hamgge (SBS / 2004) – Shin Jung-Joon
You Will Know | Alkedoelgeoya (KBS2 / 2004)
Scent of Summer | Yeoleum hyangki (KBS2 / 2003)