INFINITE’s Lee Sung-jong’s Profile
Real Name: Lee Seong Jong
Stage Name: Sungjong
Nickname: Maknae (the youngest member of the group), Maknae-nim (the formal way to say ‘maknae’), Jjong, Diva, Beautiful Man, Jjongderella, Jjongvvely
Date of Birth: September 3, 1993, in Gwangju
Age: 26 (Korean age) / 25 (International age)
Nationality: South Korean
Height: 179 cm
Weight: 54 kg
Blood Type: A
Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Astrology: Rooster
Siblings: 1 (Younger brother named Lee Seon Kyu)
Position: Vocalist, Maknae (the youngest member of the group)
Hobbies: Collecting Kubrick figures and listening to music
Ideal Type: Someone who is chubby and cute
Fun Facts You Have to Know About INFINITE’s Lee Sung-jong
- Sungjong is often teased by the rest of INFINITE’s members because of his past trademark “If you feel let down, just have a lemon candy”.
- Sungjong is the only member of INFINITE who can control the hyper kid Dongwoo.
- Along with Hoya, Sungyeol, and Sungkyu, Sungjong has his own picture as his phone wallpaper.
- According to the members, Sungjong and Dongwoo cried after their first win.
- Along with Sungyeol and Myungsoo, Sungjong is included in INFINITE’s sub-unit named INFINITE F (stands for ‘Face’).
- During INFINITE’s private broadcast My Infinite Television in 2016, Sungjong had his own broadcast named Bizarre Makeup Class in which he dolled himself up to resemble famous cartoon icons such as Sadness from the Inside Out movie, Kungfu Panda, and the Joker. Sungjong also dolled Sungyeol and painted him in green so that he will resemble the child cartoon icon Dooly.
- In the first episode of INFINITE Showtime, Sungjong, who does not drive well yet, became the passenger in Sungyeol’s car.
- In the second episode of INFINITE Showtime, along with Woohyun, Sungjong had the role of washing the dishes and cooking.
- Woohyun and Sungjong are nicknamed Tom and Jerry by Korean Inspirits (the name of INFINITE’s fan club).
- According to Woohyun, being awkward is Sungjong’s ability.
- Along with Hoya, Myungsoo, and Dongwoo, Sungjong considers his teacher as the person he feels thankful for the most.
- In the sixth episode of INFINITE Showtime, Sungjong had to receive a penalty because he lost in the rock-paper-scissors game. As a result, his face was painted by Sungkyu, Hoya, Dongwoo, Woohyun, and Myungsoo. Moreover, Sungjong also had to go to the mini-market nearby Woollim Entertainment’s building with doodles on his face.
- During the telepathy game of choosing the car seat in the seventh episode of INFINITE Showtime, along with Sungkyu, Sungjong picked number 7.
- In the seventh episode of INFINITE Showtime, along with Sungkyu and Sungyeol, Sungjong went to the next filming location in a taxi.
- In the seventh episode of INFINITE Showtime, along with Sungyeol, Sungjong re-recorded Dongwoo’s part in INFINITE’s debut track “Come Back Again”.
- All INFINITE’s members agree that Sungjong is the member who takes care of his skin the most. Myungsoo testified that during the long hours on the airplane, Sungjong put a white mask on his face because his skin got really dry.
- Sungjong picked himself as the member who speaks English the best.
- When Sungjong cannot arrange his thoughts and has trouble, Sungkyu will listen to his stories instead of only cheering him up and telling him to be full of spirit.
- Sungjong is able to dance girl group choreography very well.
- Contrary to the other members of INFINITE, Sungjong did not feel tense and enjoyed the first concert of INFINITE’s first world tour One Great Step which was held in Seoul, South Korea.
- Before the press conference of INFINITE’s first world tour concert in Hongkong, Sungjong and Hoya were seen working hard at learning the Chinese language. Sungjong did a little mistake, but, fortunately, Hoya corrected his mistake.
- During INFINITE’s first world concert tour, Sungjong and Hoya shared the common hobby of swimming and often had heart-to-heart conversations in which they encouraged each other.
- During INFINITE’s first world concert tour, Sungjong had personal issues so he felt down. As a way to cheer him up, Sungyeol taught Sungjong to play some games so that he would relax a bit.
- Along with Myungsoo, Sungjong went to the White House in Washington, D.C., to take some pictures during the time INFINITE went to America for their world tour.
- Sungjong wrote and gave letters to the rest of INFINITE’s members backstage of INFINITE’s first world tour concert in Paris.
- Along with Dongwoo, Sungjong has the lowest alcohol tolerance in INFINITE.
- INFINITE members refer to Sungjong as someone who has the 2nd-year syndrome (puberty) because after Super Idol Chart Show, which he was the MC on, was over, Sungjong did not have anything to do. As a result, he became more occupied with social media accounts and made INFINITE members cringe because of his active status updates on those accounts.
- After his appearance in MBC’s Real Men in 2015, Sungjong was teased often by the rest of INFINITE’s members because he dreamed to be a superstar who shoots a lot of CF (commercial film/advertisement).
- During INFINITE’s second world tour Infinite Effect, Sungjong was so excited that he did not realize that he was standing in front of the pyrotechnic machine. Fortunately, Sungyeol was looking out for him and pulled him back before he was injured.
- Sungjong revealed during INFINITE’s Begin Again fan meeting that when he was feeling down or not motivated, being next to Dongwoo helps him a lot because Dongwoo is such a bright and positive person.
- On January 10, 2018, Sungjong indirectly referred to himself as the most handsome member when the DJ of PSH’s Love Game Radio Show asked to start the introductions with the most handsome member first.
- According to Woohyun, Sungjong, who became the leader in the first session of This Is INFINITE‘s first episode, did not respect the other members’ opinions at all.
- In the second episode of This Is INFINITE, Sungjong shows he plays really well with kids.
- Among INFINITE’s members, Sungjong is the only one who never confesses to women about his feelings. Despite what has just been said, Hoya thinks that Sungjong is the freest and talks well with women.
- Sungjong and Myungsoo are the INFINITE members who know the heart of women as they got high scores during the simulation with an actress in the third episode of This Is INFINITE.
- Along with Myungsoo and Sungyeol, Sungjong was defeated by Hoya in the sliding game in the fourth episode of This Is INFINITE.
- Sungjong threw Sungkyu in the air when Sungkyu successfully scored a goal on one of the matches in the fourth episode of This Is INFINITE.
- Sungjong is grouped in the same team with Dongwoo, Hoya, and Sungkyu because they have the least followers on Twitter.
- Along with Dongwoo, Hoya, and Sungkyu, Sungjong received the golden key because they won over Woohyun, Myungsoo, and Sungyeol in the overall missions of This Is INFINITE’s fifth episode.
- In the sixth episode of This is INFINITE, Sungjong wrote Sungkyu’s name as the person he respects the most.
- According to Sungkyu, Sungjong’s nickname is Zealot because, compared to his body, Sungjong’s hands are pretty long.
- During the game of guessing Sungjong’s hand in the sixth episode of This Is INFINITE, the rest of INFINITE’s members were able to guess which hand is Sungjong’s. As a result, Sungjong received the penalty of being punched with a toy hammer.
- Along with Woohyun, Hoya, and Sungkyu, Sungjong is able to guess the right answer for Sungyeol’s choice where he has to pick only one thing out of a group of stuff, such as a remote-controlled car, money, a bucket of chicken drumsticks, and Taeyeon’s TaeTiSeo album.
- Along with Hoya and Sungkyu, Sungjong revealed in the sixth episode of This Is INFINITE that the eggroll which Woohyun cooked for INFINITE’s members on You Are My Oppa was actually bought.
- Along with Myungsoo, Sungjong suspects Sungkyu as his secret friend. However, it turned out that Sungkyu’s secret friend is Dongwoo.
- In the seventh episode of This Is INFINITE, Sungjong got discovered by Woohyun as his secret friend.
- Sungjong and Dongwoo went against each other in a hammering nails contest. Unfortunately, Sungjong was defeated as he did not knock down the nails properly.
- According to Dongwoo, Sungjong is actually not weak because he works hard and has the characteristics of being mature and full of sensibility.
- Sungjong and Myungsoo were against each other in a board breaking competition. The result is a draw as both of them are able to break the wooden boards properly.
- Sungjong and Sungyeol were against each other in an apple breaking competition that required using bare hands. Unfortunately, Sungjong was defeated by Sungyeol in the blink of a second.
- Dongwoo, Hoya, and Sungyeol picked Sungjong as the member who is the most different when comparing his real-life personality to his idol personality. The reason is that Sungjong knows how to portray himself differently on camera.
Pictures of INFINITE’s Lee Sung-jong
INFINITE’s Hoya’s Profile (Former Member)
Real Name: Lee Ho Won
Stage Name: Hoya
Nickname: Dancing Machine, Hobaby, Hoguma, HoGod, Multi-Player, HoDlib (Hoya+Adlib)
Date of Birth: March 28, 1991, in Busan
Age: 28 (Korean age) / 27 (International age)
Nationality: South Korean
Height: 175 cm
Weight: 60 kg
Blood Type: AB
Religion: None (used to be Buddhist but in an interview said that he does not believe in any religion)
Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Astrology: Sheep
Siblings: 2 (Older brother named Lee Ho Jae and younger brother named Lee Ho Jun)
Position: Main Dancer, Lead Rapper, Vocalist
Hobbies: Playing games, dancing, and singing
Education: Daekyung University, majoring in Applied Music
Agency: Glorious Entertainment
Youtube: REAL HOYA
Fan Club Name: Holy
Ideal Type: A girl he can respect who is full of ideas and speaks foreign languages fluently
Fun Facts You Have to Know About Ex-INFINITE’s Hoya
- On the rainy days before they debuted, Hoya and Sungkyu used to eat their lunch under a small jungle gym on a playground. On one occasion, a kid walked past, pointed at them, and called them beggars.
- Along with Sungkyu, Sungyeol, and Sungjong, Hoya has his own picture as his phone wallpaper.
- Hoya often has funny banters with Sungkyu. He was mentioned in Sungkyu’s wish to form a gag unit with Hoya when INFINITE visited KBS’s SuKiRa (Super Junior Kiss the Radio) in 2015.
- Along with Sungyeol, Hoya was planned to star in INFINITE’s music video “Before the Dawn” but was replaced by Woohyun and Myungsoo.
- Hoya invented INFINITE’s famous scorpion dance (the choreography for “Before the Dawn”).
- Along with Dongwoo, Hoya is officially registered as a songwriter with the Korean Music Copyright Association.
- Along with Hoya, Dongwoo is included in INFINITE’s sub-unit named INFINITE H (stands for hip-hop).
- Along with Myungsoo, Hoya starred in SBS’s drama My Lovely Girl.
- During INFINITE’s private broadcast My INFINITE Television in 2016, Hoya had a drawing class in which he drew the rest of INFINITE’s members by looking at fan sites’ pictures. Hoya also sang songs with Myungsoo who wandered around and brought a guitar.
- Along with Sungkyu, Sungyeol, and Myungsoo, Hoya graduated from Daekyung University, majoring in Applied Music.
- According to the rest of INFINITE’s members, Hoya is the most popular member in Japan.
- According to the rest of INFINITE’s members, Hoya is the CEO’s favorite member.
- Unlike other members of INFINITE (or idols in general) who only do fan service for their sole fans, Hoya diligently did fan service for all the fans regardless of the INFINITE member who was their favorite. Oh, how sweet!
- Backstage of INFINITE’s first world tour concert One Great Step in Singapore, Hoya and Sungyeol were seen memorizing the folk songs of some South East Asian countries, such as Thailand, Indonesia, and Singapore.
- Before the press conference of INFINITE’s first world tour concert One Great Step in Hongkong, Hoya and Sungjong were seen working hard to learn the Chinese language. Hoya corrected Sungjong’s mistake even though what they learned was only introduction sentences.
- Hoya is the first INFINITE members who knew about Woohyun’s first self-composed song titled “Together” which became the soundtrack of their documentary film GROW.
- During INFINITE’s first world concert tour One Great Step, Hoya and Sungjong shared the common hobby of swimming and often had a heart-to-heart conversation in which they encouraged each other.
- In the first episode of INFINITE Showtime, Hoya is the only member who wore a baseball jacket while the rest of INFINITE’s members wore a long coat in various colors. He also has to take a manual car to the night ride while the rest of INFINITE’s members use a modern car.
- In the first episode of INFINITE Showtime, Hoya stated that during his trainee days he would gather at Han River to race with other trainees who were also candidates for INFINITE and CEO of Woollim Entertainment, Lee Jung Yeop.
- In the first episode of INFINITE Showtime, Sungkyu stated that Hoya, who had his leg injury worsen during the promotion of “Bad”, felt really sorry that he became a burden to the rest of INFINITE’s members. As a way to console him, Sungkyu told Hoya that INFINITE’s members understand his pain so he should not force himself and just focus on the recovery so that the stage where INFINITE performs will be complete.
- In the second episode of INFINITE Showtime, along with Dongwoo and Sungkyu, Hoya had the role of grocery shopping to buy the materials and ingredients for INFINITE’s cooking.
- Among the INFINITE members, Hoya is the most objective eater as he is not biased and picky when it comes to food.
- Woohyun and Hoya are called the dumb and dumber brothers by Inspirits (the name of INFINITE’s fan club).
- In the third episode of INFINITE Showtime, Hoya and Sungkyu cooked spicy ramyeon (noodles), but the result of their cooking is a sour, green onion ramyeon. Both of them are considered novice cooks, but Hoya is worse as he cannot even crack an egg properly.
- While Woohyun busily filmed his scene for the 2015 version of the “White Confession” music video, along with Sungyeol, Hoya was acting as if he and Hoya were actors for a weekend television drama.
- Along with Sungyeol and Dongwoo, Hoya became the cameo of Myungsoo’s scene in the 2015 version of the “White Confession” music video.
- Along with Dongwoo, Myungsoo, and Sungjong, Hoya considers his teacher as the person he feels thankful for the most.
- In the fifth episode of INFINITE Showtime, along with Myungsoo, Hoya went to the club to learn how to be a disc-jockey (DJ) with DJ S2.
- According to Myungsoo, Hoya is machine illiterate.
- In the sixth episode of INFINITE Showtime, Hoya gave Woohyun the penalty of taking off his mic so that in one session of their games, his voice cannot be heard at all.
- According to Sungkyu, Hoya is very terrible at doing aegyo (cute acts). The only time Hoya is angry is when he is being asked to do aegyo.
- During the telepathy game of choosing the car seat in the seventh episode of INFINITE Showtime, Hoya is the only member whose pick did not clash with other members of INFINITE. As a result, Hoya had to go to the next filming location by himself with the van which supposedly is a reward but feels like a punishment.
- In the seventh episode of INFINITE Showtime, along with Woohyun, Hoya did not receive a call during the telepathy game. As a result, he and Woohyun had to walk in the cold to the next filming location.
- In the seventh episode of INFINITE Showtime, along with Myungsoo, Hoya re-recorded Sungyeol’s part in INFINITE’s debut track “Come Back Again”.
- When INFINITE was still living in the same apartment, Hoya was the housemate of Sungkyu and Dongwoo.
- Sungkyu revealed that Hoya has a collection of weird-patterned socks, and on one of them is written ‘Hoya’. Lol, what a narcissist!
- When Hoya had the ankle injury, he was consoled by Dongwoo who said that he should not feel sorry just because he is suffering an injury. After listening to Dongwoo’s advice, Hoya started to feel less sorry which helped him recover his health quickly.
- According to Sungkyu, he and Hoya cannot ride amusement park rides. However, after hearing that statement, Hoya adamantly denied the claim by saying he absolutely can ride them, which made Sungkyu flustered.
- In the first episode of This Is INFINITE, Hoya avoided the penalty of eating salty ramyeon (noodles) made by Sungkyu by winning the rock-paper-scissors game against Dongwoo.
- Sungkyu and Hoya sung J.Y Park’s “I Have a Girl” when Sungyeol faced trouble during the simulation in the third episode of This Is INFINITE.
- In the fourth episode of This Is INFINITE, all the current members of INFINITE had to beat Hoya in the sports’ championship.
- Hoya won the sliding game against Sungyeol, Myungsoo, and Sungjong in the fourth episode of This Is INFINITE.
- Along with Sungkyu, Hoya was defeated by Sungyeol in the final game of the second match of This Is INFINITE’s fourth episode.
- Hoya’s position as the king of sports championships is taken by Sungyeol in the fourth episode of This Is INFINITE.
- Hoya, Dongwoo, Sungkyu, and Sungjong are grouped in the same team because they have the least followers on Twitter.
- Along with Dongwoo, Sungkyu, and Sungjong, Hoya received the golden key because they won over Woohyun, Myungsoo, and Sungyeol in the overall missions of This Is INFINITE’s fifth episode.
- Hoya is able to understand Dongwoo’s alien language better than the rest of INFINITE’s members because he and Dongwoo are grouped in the same sub-unit, INFINITE H.
- Along with Woohyun, Sungkyu, and Sungjong, Hoya is able to guess the right answer for Sungyeol’s choice where he has to pick only one thing out of a group of stuff, such as a remote-controlled car, money, a bucket of chicken drumsticks, and Taeyeon’s TaeTiSeo album.
- Along with Sungkyu and Sungjong, Hoya revealed in the sixth episode of This Is INFINITE that the egg roll which Woohyun cooked for INFINITE’s members on You Are My Oppa was actually bought.
- In the seventh episode of This Is INFINITE, Hoya was discovered by Sungkyu as his secret friend.
- Along with Sungkyu, Hoya is the MC for the hammering nails contest between Dongwoo and Sungjong.
- Hoya is challenged by Sungkyu to partake in a wood-breaking competition. Unfortunately, Hoya cannot even break one of the wooden boards. Lol, what a plot twist!
- Sungkyu stated that during the first year INFINITE started, he was really awkward with Hoya because he is too difficult to get close to. Similar things are also stated by Sungyeol who wants to run away if there is only Hoya in the room with him.
- Hoya and Sungjong give an answer to the last question in the last episode of This Is INFINITE. The winner is Hoya as he answered that Woohyun used four eggs to make the egg roll in the sixth episode of This Is INFINITE.
- According to Sungkyu, a long time ago when Woohyun’s aegyo (cute) heart-set was trending in 2011-2013, Hoya often imitated him at INFINITE’s pre-recording shows. He would go up and do all of the heart movements that people cannot even imagine now.
- During INFINITE’s Daum Close Talk, Sungyeol thinks that Hoya and Woohyun are pretty expressive in doing fan service.
- In a press conference for INFINITE’s concert Effect Advance in 2016, Hoya said that INFINITE’s sub-group which consisted of the rest of INFINITE’s members without him is named INFINITE B, which is an acronym for INFINITE Bad.
- Hoya decided to leave INFINITE after his contract with Woollim Entertainment expired on August 30, 2017.
- Even though he is not in the same group anymore, Hoya is still in contact with Sungkyu. This is what we call a real brothership!
Pictures of Ex-INFINITE’s Hoya
INFINITE Members’ Popularity Ranking
INFINITE’s popularity ranking, be it in South Korea or international, is relatively easy to tell on the surface. As the visual and face of the group, Myungsoo, whose stage name is L, tops the group’s popularity ranking due to his calm and cold persona which, in these last few years, has changed slightly to be warmer and a more humane persona. In the second place is the leader and lead vocalist Sungkyu who rose in popularity thanks to his surprisingly smart characteristic which has been showcased on tvN’s first season of The Genius. He also continuously receives offers to guest or host many kinds of variety shows on television broadcast stations. Former member Hoya is in third place because aside from singing with INFINITE, Hoya also acted as supporting cast on tvN’s first Reply series Reply 1997 which increased his popularity. The next member is main vocalist Woohyun who occupies the fourth place as he is often a guest on various kinds of variety and singing shows. Lastly, the three remaining members Dongwoo, Sungyeol, and Sungjong share the fifth and last place. While they are not as popular as the other members whose ranking is top-tiered, Dongwoo, Sungyeol, and Sungjong are still considered well-known idol boy-group members among fans of K-pop. However, it must be noted that this popularity ranking is temporary so there is a chance for these three members will occupy the top ranking in the future depending on their next projects, be it dramas, movies, variety shows, or talent shows. We certainly hope that there will be more people who will find interest in INFINITE’s current and former members as they deserve all the love in the world!