INFINITE’s Lee Sung-yeol’s Profile
Real Name: Lee Seong Yeol
Stage Name: Sungyeol
Nickname: Choding (elementary school kid), Kindergarten Boy
Date of Birth: August 27, 1991, in Yongin, Gyeonggi-do
Age: 28 (Korean age) / 27 (International age)
Nationality: South Korean
Height: 183 cm
Weight: 59 kg
Blood Type: B
Religion: Unknown (some said Buddhist but he seems to not be interested in religion)
Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Astrology: Sheep
Siblings: 1 (Younger brother name Lee Dae Yeol who is also a member and leader of Golden Child)
Hobbies: Water skiing, reading, surfing, and watching movies
Education: Daekyung University, majoring in Applied Music
Ideal Type: Girls who are easy going, cute, and not deceiving
Fun Facts You Have to Know About INFINITE’s Lee Sung-yeol
- Sungyeol is the last member to join INFINITE as he was originally planning to be an actor.
- Along with Hoya, Sungjong, and Sungkyu, Sungyeol has his own picture as his phone wallpaper.
- Along with Hoya, Sungyeol was planned to star in INFINITE’s music video “Before the Dawn”, but they were replaced by Myungsoo and Woohyun.
- Along with Sungjong and Myungsoo, Sungyeol is included in INFINITE’s sub-unit named INFINITE F (stands for ‘Face’).
- Along with Woohyun, Sungyeol starred in KBS2’s drama Hi! School: Love On.
- Sungyeol complained to Myungsoo that the members, especially him, did not receive any thank you messages when Myungsoo won the Best Rookie Actor award at MBC Drama Awards in 2017. Thus, when INFINITE won the first place during the “Tell Me” promotion and Sungyeol could not attend the ending stage where the winning artist receives the trophy, Myungsoo specially mentioned Sungyeol.
- Sungyeol received a Samsung laptop as a birthday gift from Myungsoo.
- Along with Sungkyu, Hoya, and Myungsoo, Sungyeol graduated from Daekyung University, majoring in Applied Music.
- During INFINITE’s private broadcast My Infinite Television in 2016, Sungyeol did not have his own room so he wandered to the other members’ rooms. He joined Dongwoo’s Exercise Room and became the victim of Sungjong’s Bizarre Makeup Class by being painted in green to resemble the child cartoon icon Dooly.
- In the first episode of INFINITE Showtime, Sungyeol stated that he once traveled in a car with Dongwoo and was not able to talk at all because Dongwoo talked for the whole thirty minutes.
- In the first episode of INFINITE Showtime, Sungkyu stated that Sungyeol started to lose fans when he acted cutely. As a result, Sungyeol became depressed and tried to find comfort by drinking alcohol. However, Sungyeol became cheerful again because he went to a fortune telling cafe and got his fortune read, which said that his fortune will be great in 2016. From Sungkyu’s point of view, what Sungyeol needed was not fortune telling but the warmth of attention and love.
- In the second episode of INFINITE Showtime, along with Myungsoo, Sungyeol had the role of chopping wood to be used as fuel for INFINITE’s cooking.
- Myungsoo and Sungyeol are considered the most competitive members in INFINITE.
- Among the INFINITE members, Sungyeol handles spicy food the best.
- Along with Dongwoo and Woohyun, Sungyeol runs a family restaurant.
- In the third episode of INFINITE Showtime, along with the other INFINITE members, Sungyeol schemed a plan to betray Sungkyu in the rock-paper-scissors game that would decide the member who had to clean the dishes.
- While Woohyun busily filmed his scene for the 2015 version of the “White Confession” music video, Sungyeol was acting as if he and Hoya were the actors of a weekend television drama.
- Along with Hoya and Dongwoo, Sungyeol became a cameo in Myungsoo’s scene in the 2015 version of the “White Confession” music video.
- In the fifth episode of INFINITE Showtime, along with Woohyun, Sungyeol went to the tarot shop to learn fortune telling with Diviner Teacher Queeny.
- In the sixth episode of INFINITE Showtime, along with Sungkyu and Woohyun, Sungyeol is the king of betting in INFINITE.
- In the sixth episode of INFINITE Showtime, Sungyeol lost in the game so he had to run with thin clothes and tight pants with arms flailing right and left.
- During the telepathy game of choosing the car seat in the seventh episode of INFINITE Showtime, along with Woohyun, Sungyeol picked number 3.
- In the seventh episode of INFINITE Showtime, along with Sungkyu and Sungjong, Sungyeol went to the next filming location in a taxi.
- In the seventh episode of INFINITE Showtime, along with Sungjong, Sungyeol re-recorded Dongwoo’s part in INFINITE’s debut track “Come Back Again”.
- Sungyeol often goes to Sungkyu and asks him anything, which Sungkyu feels grateful for.
- In 2011, Sungyeol and Myungsoo had a big fight, but fortunately, they reconciled.
- Along with Sungkyu, Sungyeol donated his appearance fee during the eleventh episode of INFINITE Showtime, which was followed by the rest of INFINITE’s members.
- Sungyeol often fights verbally with Myungsoo and even blatantly said that he does not like Myungsoo, which Myungsoo replied to by saying that he does not like Sungyeol, too. One of the famous occurrences of Sungyeol and Myungsoo is during Mnet’s Mnet Asian Music Award in 2013. At the beginning of the event, they were seen playfully joking. However, in the middle of the event, Sungyeol and Myungsoo’s facial expressions were very tense so the fans think that they must have been fighting. Lol, what a friendship!
- While waiting to go on stage during INFINITE’s first world concert tour One Great Step starts, Sungyeol would play arcade and remote-control games with the members of INFINITE. He said that games are a good way to get them tense and prepared for the concerts.
- At INFINITE’s first world tour concert in Yokohama Arena, Japan, on September 20, 2013, Sungyeol prepared a surprise event during Myungsoo’s solo stage by hiding the white teddy bear that usually sits on the chair. Instead, Sungyeol went on the stage while wearing a white bear costume. The surprise event was successful as Myungsoo was indeed surprised by a big bear who suddenly appeared on stage. Lol, what a joker!
- Backstage of INFINITE’s first world tour concert in Singapore, Sungyeol and Hoya were seen memorizing the folk songs of some South East Asian countries, such as Thailand, Indonesia, and Singapore.
- During INFINITE’s first world tour concert, Sungyeol cheered on Sungjong, who felt down because of personal issues, by teaching him to play some games so that he would relax a bit. Aww, what a sweet brother!
- Sungyeol had a quirky idea for when INFINITE won on the music show with their latest track “Tell Me”; the five members of INFINITE would sit in tiny kiddy cars in one line when reporting for the music program schedule and chant ‘TELL ME! TELL ME! TELL ME!’ while Sungyeol himself stands at the back or side. Lol, what a savage!
- During INFINITE’s second world tour Infinite Effect, Sungyeol protected Sungjong, who was so excited that he did not realize that he was standing in front of the pyrotechnic machine, by pulling him back so that Sungjong did not get injured.
- On January 14, 2018, INFINITE did a pre-recording stage for SBS’s Inkigayo. Sungyeol looked very tired due to the shooting of his drama, so Sungkyu, who was beside him massaged Sungyeol’s shoulder while Dongwoo went “1, 2, 3” and Inspirits (the name of INFINITE’s fan club) cheered, “Lee Sung Yeol hwaiting! (you can do it!)”. Aww, what supportive members and fans!
- Along with Sungkyu, Sungyeol spent his free time shopping in Paris, France, during INFINITE’s first world tour concert One Great Step.
- Sungyeol was persuaded by Sungkyu to re-take the ice slide marathon in 2 minutes and 45 seconds so that INFINITE’s members would be able to eat meat. The record exceeded the given time that was 1 minute and 59 seconds.
- Along with Woohyun and Dongwoo, Sungyeol spent 20,000 won to buy street food in the first episode of This Is INFINITE.
- Sungyeol and Sungkyu were competing to be the leader of INFINITE in the second episode of This Is INFINITE. Luckily, Sungyeol won by receiving four votes from the members.
- Along with Myungsoo and Sungjong, Sungyeol was defeated by Hoya in the sled game in the fourth episode of This Is INFINITE.
- Sungyeol won over Sungkyu and Hoya in the final game of the second match of This Is INFINITE’s fourth episode.
- Sungyeol replaced Hoya as the winner of the sports’ championship in the fourth episode of This Is INFINITE.
- Sungyeol, Woohyun, and Myungsoo are grouped in the same team because they have the most followers on Twitter.
- According to Sungkyu, Sungyeol is not really good at studying ever since he was young.
- According to Woohyun, Sungyeol often has a lot of other things on his mind such as his toy car and his cat Gureumi.
- According to Sungkyu, when Sungyeol is obsessed with something, he will get tired of it very quickly.
- Sungyeol and Sungjong are against each other in a challenge to break an apple with their bare hands. The winner is Sungyeol who easily breaks the apple in seconds.
- According to Myungsoo, Sungyeol is the type of person who does not think with his head because he once stated that he wants to buy a monkey so that that the monkey can receive Sungyeol’s money to go to the grocery store and come back to the dorm just like the character Monkey King.
- Sungkyu stated that he once saw Sungyeol being involved in a verbal fight with elementary school students on the street.
- Sungyeol is the black knight for Hoya in the challenge of drinking the sour Korean tea in exchange for the maknae (youngest) manager role.
- Sungkyu picks Sungyeol as the member who will survive in the scenario of being the last man standing on Earth because he often donates to charity quietly, sometimes with generous amounts, so that in a situation like that, Sungkyu feels that Sungyeol would receive something in return.
Pictures of INFINITE’s Lee Sung-yeol
INFINITE’s L Kim Myung-soo’s Profile
Real Name: Kim Myung Soo
Stage Name: L
Nickname: Cold City Man, Center, MS-Myung Soo, Jindeuki (perseverance), Shinmulnam (A guy whom God gave everything to)
Date of Birth: March 13, 1992, in Seoul
Age: 27 (Korean age) / 26 (International age)
Nationality: South Korean
Height: 180 cm
Weight: 60 kg
Blood Type: O
Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Chinese Astrology: Monkey
Siblings: 1 (Younger brother named Kim Moon Soo)
Position: Face of the Group, Vocalist
Hobbies: Taking pictures and going to exhibitions
Education: Daekyung University, majoring in Applied Music
Ideal Type: Someone with long wavy hair and an innocent charm
Fun Facts You Have to Know About INFINITE’s L Kim Myung Soo
- Along with Woohyun, Myungsoo filmed the music video for INFINITE’s “Before the Dawn” for two days straight until late at night.
- Along with Sungjong and Sungyeol, Myungsoo is included in INFINITE’s sub-unit named INFINITE F (stands for ‘Face’).
- Myungsoo replaced Sungkyu’s position as the center of INFINITE’s debut track “Come Back Again” after two weeks of performing the song. On some occasions, he is teased by Sungkyu who acted annoyed because his position was being replaced by Myungsoo.
- When Myungsoo won the Best Rookie Actor award on MBC Drama Awards in 2017, he forgot to thank INFINITE’s members because he was in a daze due to the tight schedule between INFINITE’s Begin Again fan meeting and the award show. As a result, Myungsoo earned continuous teasing from the members on some occasions afterward.
- When INFINITE won the first place during the “Tell Me” promotion and Sungyeol could not attend the ending stage where the winning artist receives the trophy, Myungsoo specially mentioned Sungyeol. Aww, what a sweet bromance!
- Myungsoo gave Sungyeol a Samsung laptop as a birthday gift.
- During INFINITE’s private broadcast My INFINITE Television in 2016, Myungsoo, who did not have his own room, wandered to the other members’ rooms. He joined Dongwoo’s exercise room and singing with Hoya in the drawing room while playing the guitar.
- Myungsoo often fights verbally with Sungyeol and was even told that Sungyeol does not like him, which he replied in vice versa. One of the famous occurrences between Myungsoo and Sungyeol is during Mnet’s Mnet Asian Music Award in 2013. At the beginning of the event, they were seen playfully joking. However, in the middle of the event, Myungsoo and Sungyeol’s facial expressions were very tense, so the fans think that they must be fighting. Lol, what a friendship!
- Along with Sungkyu, Hoya, and Sungyeol, Myungsoo graduated from Daekyung University, majoring in Applied Music.
- Myungsoo is the biggest eater in INFINITE.
- At INFINITE’s first world concert tour One Great Step in Yokohama Arena, Japan, on September 20, 2013, Myungsoo was surprised by Sungyeol’s sudden appearance during his solo stage. Usually, a white teddy bear would sit on the chair as Myungsoo goes forward to the audience while singing. However, after Myungsoo came back to the chair, he found a big white bear sitting in the exact spot his teddy bear usually occupies. After the performance ended, Myungsoo expressed his confusion of the audiences’ sudden cheer which turned out to be the result of Sungyeol’s surprise appearance. Oh, we also cheer you on, Myungsoo!
- Backstage of INFINITE’s first world tour concert in Seoul, Myungsoo, who felt tired because of the concert and personal jobs as an actor and photographer, was being massaged by Woohyun who cheered him up by saying, “You are the only one for INFINITE. You have to support us”. Aww, how sweet!
- During the rehearsal for INFINITE’s first world tour concert in Bangkok, Myungsoo had a dating scandal revealed to the public so Sungjong went to hug him to show support.
- Still referencing his dating scandal, Myungsoo was scared and afraid that he might have to leave INFINITE at that time.
- Along with Sungjong, Myungsoo went to the White House in Washington, D.C., to take some pictures during the time INFINITE went to America during their world concert tour One Great Step.
- Along with Hoya, Myungsoo starred in SBS’s drama My Lovely Girl.
- In the first episode of INFINITE Showtime, Sungkyu stated that Myungsoo obsesses over triangle kimbap (rice with various fillings such as meat and vegetable) because, during the trainee days, Myungsoo would eat those whenever he was hungry at practice.
- In the first episode of INFINITE Showtime, Sungkyu stated that Myungsoo became a singer not solely because of his godly visuals but because of his tacitness and perseverance. These traits of Myungsoo are proven as Myungsoo did not give up and would resume performances even after failing countless times due to the slippery floors where INFINITE had to perform in a seafood restaurant during their early days. Sungkyu also thinks that Myungsoo’s quietness is a bit too much to handle so he hopes that Myungsoo would open up a little more to the members of INFINITE.
- In the second episode of INFINITE Showtime, along with Sungyeol, Myungsoo had the role of chopping wood to be used as fuel for INFINITE’s cooking.
- Along with Sungyeol, Myungsoo is considered one of the most competitive members in INFINITE.
- Among the INFINITE members, Myungsoo is known as the romanticist (the most romantic member).
- While Woohyun busily filmed his scene for the 2015 version of the “White Confession” music video, along with Dongwoo and Sungkyu, Myungsoo was busy eating the clam spaghetti that was going to be used in the filming.
- Along with Hoya, Dongwoo, and Sungjong, Myungsoo considers his teacher as the person he feels thankful for the most.
- In the fifth episode of INFINITE Showtime, along with Myungsoo, Hoya went to the club to learn how to be a disc-jockey (DJ) with DJ S2.
- In the sixth episode of INFINITE Showtime, Myungsoo received a penalty from Sungkyu that is his face would be a mosaic in one session of INFINITE’s games. This is Sungkyu’s ‘revenge’ as he still remembers that he got replaced by Myungsoo for the center position of their debut track “Come Back Again”.
- In the sixth episode of INFINITE Showtime, along with Woohyun and Dongwoo, Dongwoo was picked to do a penalty by Hoya. They had to buy tteokbokki (stir-fried rice cake) in the restaurant, but instead of feeling punished, Myungsoo, Woohyun, and Dongwoo were happy because they were able to eat.
- Myungsoo is excited whenever Dongwoo acts hyper and active, making him the ultimate fan of Joyful Dongwoo.
- During the telepathy game of choosing the car seat in the seventh episode of INFINITE Showtime, along with Dongwoo, Myungsoo picked number 2.
- In the seventh episode of INFINITE Showtime, along with Dongwoo and Woohyun, Myungsoo went to the next filming location in a taxi.
- In the seventh episode of INFINITE Showtime, along with Hoya, Myungsoo re-recorded Sungyeol’s part in INFINITE’s debut track “Come Back Again”.
- According to INFINITE’s members, Myungsoo cannot eat Chinese food after having acute indigestion to the point where he had to be hospitalized in the past.
- Along with Sungkyu, Myungsoo is sensitive when it comes to food.
- In 2011, Myungsoo and Sungyeol had a big fight, but fortunately, they reconciled.
- During INFINITE’s praising hour in the tenth episode of INFINITE Showtime, Myungsoo expressed that he felt thankful that Woohyun always takes care of him even in simple things.
- In the last episode of INFINITE Showtime, Myungsoo wanted to change his usual image to be more cheerful and carefree so he imitated the way Dongwoo acts.
- During the time INFINITE visited KBS’s SuKiRa (Super Junior Kiss the Radio) in 2015, INFINITE’s members revealed that Myungsoo’s stage name was originally MS-Myungsoo which he himself came up with, just like the female singer NS-Yoonji.
- Myungsoo’s stage name L was originally Woohyun’s nickname idea for himself which he mulled over even before he became a trainee.
- If he had to give a stage name for Woohyun, Myungsoo would call him Gaon.
- If he had to pick a model for his third photo book, Myungsoo would pick Dongwoo because when they were trainees, Myungsoo thought that Dongwoo was really good looking and had a charm that draws people in.
- According to Sungkyu, Myungsoo would always buy INFINITE’s members presents whenever he shoots an individual CF (commercial film/advertisement).
- In the second episode of This Is INFINITE, Myungsoo confessed that among INFINITE’s members, he plays the rock-paper-scissors game the worst.
- Myungsoo and Sungjong are the INFINITE members who know the hearts of women as they got high scores during the simulation with an actress in the third episode of This Is INFINITE.
- Along with Sungyeol and Sungjong, Myungsoo was defeated by Hoya in the sliding game in the fourth episode of This Is INFINITE.
- Along with Sungkyu, Myungsoo went to find and eat soy sauce crab.
- Myungsoo is the only INFINITE member who is recognized by the public in the span of three minutes. There were four women who greeted him and asked him for his autograph and a selfie.
- Myungsoo, Woohyun and Sungyeol are grouped in the same team because they have the most followers on Twitter.
- In the seventh episode of This Is INFINITE, Myungsoo said that Sungkyu’s solo debut track “I Need You” is not a mega-hit like INFINITE H’s “Special Girl” so it is possible that only the singer (Sungkyu) is able to remember the lyrics.
- Woohyun who acted as Myungsoo during the role exchange session asked Myungsoo whether it is hard to express feelings, which Myungsoo replied that it is not that he has difficulty in saying what he feels, but he thinks that even without talking much, his presence still exists whenever he is with INFINITE. Oh, what a witty answer!
- Along with Sungjong, Myungsoo suspects Sungkyu to be his secret friend. However, it turned out that Sungkyu’s secret friend is Dongwoo.
- Myungsoo and Sungjong were against each other in the breaking the wooden boards’ competition. The result was a draw as both of them were able to break the wooden boards properly.
- According to Sungyeol, Myungsoo only brushes his teeth once before he goes to bed and does not wash his face because his skin is sensitive. Moreover, Myungsoo does not take a bath in the morning because he already did that the night before. Lol, talk about such reversal on a pretty face!
Pictures of INFINITE’s L Kim Myung Soo