The Synchronization-dol INFINITE
INFINITE is the first boy group of Woollim Entertainment and debuted as a seven-member group on June 9, 2010. They are most famous for their on-point and knife-like dancing. All of the members, be it the dancing line or not, are able to perform accurate movements. Not only being precise in synchronizing their dancing, INFINITE is also popular for doing well in variety shows, which is proven as they have at least three variety shows themselves. Thus, in this article, Channel-Korea will provide information about all the members of INFINITE, be they current ones or past ones, starting with their personal profiles, facts, and popularity ranking. So, stay tuned!
INFINITE’s Official Accounts
Before we get to know the personal profiles of INFINITE’s members, it is better that we discover them through the group’s official accounts on several social media platforms, which are listed below.
V Live Channel: INFINITE Channel
INFINITE’s Kim Sung-kyu’s Profile
Real Name: Kim Seong Kyu
Stage Name: Sungkyu
Nickname: Leader, Grandpa, Hamster Kyu, Kkulgyu (Loser Gyu), Gyujiji
Date of Birth: April 28, 1989, in North Jeolla
Age: 30 (Korean age) / 29 (International age)
Nationality: South Korean
Height: 178 cm
Weight: 62 kg
Blood Type: A
Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Chinese Astrology: Snake
Siblings: 1 (Older sister named Kim Ji Eun)
Position: Leader, Main Vocalist
Hobbies: Watching movies, listening to music, and drinking alcohol
Education: Daekyung University, majoring in Applied Music
Ideal Type: A cute girl who can be sexy
Fun Facts You Have to Know About INFINITE’s Kim Sung-kyu
- On the rainy days before they debuted, Sungkyu and Hoya used to eat their lunch under the small jungle gym in the playground. On one occasion, a kid walked past, pointed at them, and called them beggars.
- Sungkyu used to be the center of INFINITE’s debut track “Come Back Again” but got replaced by Myungsoo after two weeks of performing the song. On some occasions, Sungkyu playfully teases Myungsoo by acting all upset about that past occurrence.
- Sungkyu is the second INFINITE member who knows about Woohyun’s first self-composed song titled “Together” which is sung by INFINITE as the soundtrack of their documentary film GROW.
- Along with Hoya, Sungyeol, and Sungjong, Sungkyu also has his own picture as his phone wallpaper.
- Sungkyu often has funny banters with Hoya. He even expressed his desire to form a gag unit with Hoya when INFINITE visited KBS’s SuKiRa (Super Junior Kiss the Radio) in 2015.
- Sungkyu recently talked about Hoya’s musical and told the journalist that he and Hoya keep in touch.
- Sungkyu was the fastest member to learn the scorpion dance (the choreography of “Before the Dawn”).
- During the trainee days, Sungkyu had beef towards Woohyun. However, after debuting, Sungkyu and Woohyun are two of the closest members, and Sungkyu trusts Woohyun the most.
- Along with Woohyun, Sungkyu is not included in any of INFINITE’s sub-units.
- Along with Sungyeol, Hoya, and Myungsoo, Sungkyu graduated from Daekyung University, majoring in Applied Music.
- During INFINITE’s private broadcast My Infinite Television in 2016, Sungkyu had his own broadcast named Sungkyu’s Genie Time. Moreover, Woohyun would go to that room to sing and do various things such as aegyo (cute acts), tying the top off their hair, and singing songs such as INFINITE’s “Between Me and You” and Woohyun’s “Everyday”.
- In the first episode of INFINITE Showtime, Sungkyu did a surprise event to celebrate the sixth year of INFINITE by becoming a Radio DJ who told stories about INFINITE’s members. Moreover, Sungkyu also got to ride the greatest sports car which was parked along with five other cars in Seonbu’s parking lot.
- Sungkyu thinks that what the members of INFINITE need the most is harmonious time for each other.
- Sungkyu’s leg was hurt during INFINITE’s debut preparation which took more than 12 hours a day for months.
- In the first episode of INFINITE Showtime, Sungkyu stated that he was angry at Woohyun who had the biggest slump of his life in 2015. However, after seeing Woohyun cry backstage after performing with the rest of INFINITE’s members, Sungkyu regretted his actions and hoped that he would be able to be a better friend and companion for Woohyun.
- In the second episode of INFINITE Showtime, along with Dongwoo and Hoya, Sungkyu had the role of going to do grocery shopping to buy the materials and ingredients for INFINITE’s cooking.
- In the second episode of INFINITE Showtime, INFINITE members played the Apartment Game and Sungkyu lost. As a result, he had to eat Chugyang pepper with spicy soybean paste.
- In the third episode of INFINITE Showtime, Sungkyu and Hoya cooked spicy ramyeon (noodles), but the result of their cooking was a sour green onion ramyeon. Both of them are considered novice cooks, but Sungkyu is slightly better as he is able to do the basics of cooking.
- In the third episode of INFINITE Showtime, Sungkyu became a victim of Sungyeol and other INFINITE members’ plan to fool him in the rock-paper-scissors game that would decide the member who has to wash the dishes.
- While Woohyun busily filmed his scene for the 2015 version of the “White Confession” music video along with Dongwoo and Myungsoo, Sungkyu was busy eating the clam spaghetti that was going to be used in the filming.
- In the fourth episode of INFINITE Showtime, Sungkyu prepared a surprise event for Dongwoo and Myungsoo by letting them meet the teachers whom they feel thankful for the most.
- In the fifth episode of INFINITE Showtime, along with Dongwoo, Sungkyu went to the boxing gym and practiced under the guidance of Head Coach Song Se Min.
- In the sixth episode of INFINITE Showtime, along with Sungyeol and Woohyun, Sungkyu is the king of betting in INFINITE.
- In the sixth episode of INFINITE Showtime, along with Dongwoo and Woohyun, Sungkyu revealed that he received the suggestion to leave INFINITE from the CEO of Woollim Entertainment, Lee Jung Yeop.
- In the sixth episode of INFINITE Showtime, Sungkyu gave a penalty to Myungsoo by asking the editing staff to make a mosaic of Myungsoo’s face. This is Sungkyu’s ‘revenge’ as he remembers that he got replaced by Myungsoo for the center position of their debut track “Come Back Again”.
- In the seventh episode of INFINITE Showtime, Sungyeol picked Sungkyu for the first place of INFINITE’s visuals.
- During the telepathy game of choosing the car seat in the seventh episode of INFINITE Showtime, along with Sungjong, Sungkyu picked number 7.
- In the seventh episode of INFINITE Showtime, along with Sungjong and Sungyeol, Sungkyu went to the next filming location by taxi.
- Sungkyu traded parts with Woohyun when they had to do re-recording part changes for INFINITE’s debut track “Come Back Again” in the seventh episode of INFINITE Showtime.
- There was a time when Woohyun’s friend went to INFINITE’s dorm to ask for signatures and Sungkyu was in Woohyun’s room using the computer. The friend greeted Sungkyu, and Sungkyu replied back with both of his eyes open widely. After that occurrence, Woohyun’s friend told Woohyun that Sungkyu is actually a kap (being the champion of something). This story has been validated by Woohyun as well.
- When INFINITE’s members were still living in the same apartment, Sungkyu was the housemate of Hoya and Dongwoo.
- Along with Myungsoo, Sungkyu is sensitive when it comes to food.
- Sungkyu would listen to Sungjong’s stories whenever he couldn’t arrange his thoughts and had trouble. Aww, what a caring brother!
- During INFINITE’s praising hour in the tenth episode of INFINITE Showtime, Sungkyu stated that he feels grateful that Sungyeol often asks him about many things.
- Along with Sungyeol, Sungkyu donated his appearance fee during the eleventh episode of INFINITE Showtime, which was followed by the rest of INFINITE’s members.
- Sungkyu said that he and Hoya cannot ride amusement park rides, but Hoya instantly denied by saying he absolutely can ride them, which made Sungkyu flustered.
- According to INFINITE members, Sungkyu snores really loudly, especially during the tenth episode of INFINITE Showtime.
- According to INFINITE members, Sungkyu is the most sensitive whenever they have to do Yaja time (when the younger person is able to talk to the older person with informal speech as if the older person is the younger and vice versa).
- Sungyeol thinks that Sungkyu has the image of being a cool and calm guy in INFINITE.
- In the last episode of INFINITE Showtime, Sungkyu lost in the throwing dice challenge so he had to run with thin clothes and tight pants in Apgujeong with arms flailing right and left, just like what Sungyeol did in the sixth episode of INFINITE Showtime.
- Sungkyu had a lot of thoughts regarding INFINITE’s first world tour concert ‘One Great Step’. He thinks that the other members of INFINITE did not consider it as a world tour and only thought of it as an ordinary concert because there was no tension and excitement building up before the concert started. Thus, Sungkyu held an urgent meeting with INFINITE’s members and the staff to resolve this issue.
- According to Sungyeol, Sungkyu became the leader of INFINITE not because he is the oldest, but because of his ability to control the members.
- On KBS’s SuKiRa (Super Junior Kiss the Radio) in 2015, Sungkyu asked Woohyun whether he would welcome the idea of being in a sub-unit together, which Woohyun instantly rejected because Sungkyu is capable of showing his charms as a solo artist.
- Sungkyu stated that INFINITE’s focus for their latest promotion in 2018 is to communicate with fans.
- Even though not in the same group anymore, Sungkyu is still in contact with Hoya. Oh, how relieving!
- Along with Dongwoo, Sungkyu became the special MC of Mnet’s Mcountdown on January 18, 2018.
- During Cultwo Show Radio on January 13, 2018, Sungkyu said that he really likes Dongwoo’s solo on INFINITE’s third full album Top Seed to the extent that he wanted to be featured in the song. However, Sungkyu’s idea of being featured was rejected by Dongwoo who wanted to do the song all by himself.
- Along with Woohyun, Sungkyu spent his free time in Harajuku, Tokyo, during INFINITE’s first world tour concert ‘One Great Step’. However, they got separated in the middle as he went to get a massage in a spa while Woohyun was more focused on shopping.
- During INFINITE’s first world tour concert, Sungkyu was the only INFINITE member who did not take a dip in the rooftop swimming pool in Singapore. He reasoned that he is afraid of water.
- Along with Sungyeol, Sungkyu spent his free time shopping in Paris, France, during INFINITE’s first world concert tour.
- In the first episode of This Is INFINITE, Sungkyu rated himself 94% out of 100% for his leadership skill because he feels that each member of INFINITE has something that they are disappointed about with him.
- Along with Dongwoo, Sungkyu helped the female staff to bring the big black bag that turned out to be a hidden camera scenario in the first episode of This Is INFINITE.
- During Sungjong’s leadership session in the first episode of This Is INFINITE, Sungkyu brought Sungjong’s handbag so that Sungjong could shop more comfortably.
- In the first episode of This Is INFINITE, Sungkyu confessed that he has never been submissive to Sungjong before Sungjong’s leadership session.
- Sungkyu kneeled down in front of Hoya when Hoya was being the leader in the third session of This Is INFINITE’s first episode.
- Sungkyu persuaded Sungyeol to re-take the ice slide marathon in 2 minutes and 45 seconds so that INFINITE’s members would be able to eat meat.
- Sungkyu and Sungyeol are competing to be the leader of INFINITE in the second episode of This Is INFINITE. Unfortunately, Sungkyu lost by only receiving three votes from the members.
- According to Sungyeol, Sungkyu is always alone and looks lonely.
- According to Dongwoo, Sungkyu cannot play with kids because he has lost his playing sense.
- According to Sungyeol, Sungkyu is really good at talking when he meets women.
- Along with Hoya, Sungkyu sang J.Y Park’s “I Have a Girl” when Sungyeol faced trouble during the simulation in the third episode of This Is INFINITE.
- According to Sungjong, Sungkyu is only good at talking.
- Sungkyu was being thrown in the air by Sungjong when he successfully scored a goal on one of the matches in the fourth episode of This Is INFINITE.
- Along with Hoya, Sungkyu was defeated by Sungyeol in the final game of the second match of This Is INFINITE’s fourth episode.
- Along with Myungsoo, Sungkyu went to find and eat soy sauce crab.
- Sungkyu and Hoya did a high-five when Woohyun failed in the figure skating match in the fourth episode of This Is INFINITE because he looked ridiculous when he was doing it with stilettos.
- Sungkyu, Dongwoo, Hoya, and Sungjong are grouped in the same team because they have the least followers on Twitter.
- During Woohyun’s phone call with ZE:A’s Kwanghee in the fifth episode of This Is INFINITE, it was revealed that Woohyun thinks that Sungkyu looks like a Tibetian fox.
- Along with Dongwoo, Hoya, and Sungjong, Sungkyu received the golden key because they won over Woohyun, Myungsoo, and Sungyeol for the overall missions of This Is INFINITE’s fifth episode.
- In the sixth episode of This is INFINITE, Sungkyu’s name is written by Sungjong as the person he respects the most.
- According to Woohyun and Sungyeol, they have seen Sungkyu chat with Dongwoo and it is practically one ear in, one ear out. Once Sungkyu does not understand, he will say, “What is it” and walk away, not even bothering to ask Dongwoo to repeat what he just said.
- Along with Woohyun, Hoya, and Sungjong, Sungkyu is able to guess the right answer for Sungyeol’s choice where he has to pick only one thing out of some stuff such as the remote-controlled car, money, a bucket of chicken drumsticks, and Taeyeon’s TaeTiSeo album.
- Along with Hoya and Sungjong, Sungkyu revealed in the sixth episode of This Is INFINITE that the egg roll which Woohyun cooked for INFINITE’s members on You Are My Oppa was actually bought.
- During the role exchange session in the seventh episode of This Is INFINITE, Sungkyu thinks that it is easy to act as Myungsoo because he only stands still. Moreover, Sungkyu also thinks that his face resembles Myungsoo’s, which Sungyeol replied that it is the most ridiculous statement in 2014. Lol, these boys!
- Sungkyu’s secret friend in the seventh episode of This Is INFINITE is Dongwoo but he was suspected by Myungsoo and Sungjong as their secret friend. Sungkyu stated that he was only faking it by being affectionate towards Myungsoo and Sungjong. Oh, what a bad guy!
- Along with Hoya, Sungkyu is the MC of the hammering nails contest between Sungjong and Dongwoo.
- According to Woohyun and Sungjong, Sungkyu is really petty. If someone offends Sungkyu, he will hold a grudge towards that person for a year. This characteristic is also confirmed by Sungkyu himself.
- According to Dongwoo, when Sungkyu is in a serious mood, he will not say or listen to anything.
- According to Hoya, Sungkyu, who won the improving-self challenge in the last episode of This Is INFINITE, promised to buy things for all of the members by using the master card of Woollim Entertainment’s CEO, but in the end, he only bought for himself. Contrarily, Sungkyu said that he bought INFINITE’s members jackets even though he truly wanted to get a television but was afraid of getting scolded by the members.
- Back in the day when INFINITE’s members were active on Twitter, Sungkyu would playfully diss Sungjong by mentioning him in weird pictures.
Pictures of INFINITE’s Kim Sung-kyu